Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    My money is on Spectacular Spiderman.
    SSM is one of the better versions of Spider man, at least to me. Also has one catchy theme song

Tis' a shame they ended the series on the CW. It was one of my favorite shows I looked forward to every Saturday morning..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Honestly I think that I would rather Spiderman stayed out of the MCU until Phase 4. By that point the ASM franchise will no doubt be in tatters, and Marvel can easily snatch up the rights and reboot things. Spidey's origins could be hinted at in an earlier movie. For example I'd really like to see them do the Thunderbolts in phase 4. They could kick phase 4 off with a Hulk movie, with Red Hulk that hints at the formation of the Thunderbolts. Oscorp and a yet to be Goblinified Norman Osborn could appear in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Supposing Marvel do make a Spiderman film, would it be too on the nose to call it The Superior Spiderman?
    i dont think we would see a solo spidey movie till phase 4 even if they get the rights back, they would probably just work in cameos into movies where it makes sense.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think we would see a solo spidey movie till phase 4 even if they get the rights back, they would probably just work in cameos into movies where it makes sense.
    Agreed, as it stands they would have to delay Infinity War to even have the time to make a solo Spider-man movie anyways. And honestly I don't believe waiting until phase 4 for a solo Spider-man movie is a bad thing.

I have said many times that it is probably a good thing that the MCU lacked many of Marvel's guaranteed hits since it forced them to become more creative and explore more obscure comic books. At this point however the existing franchises have enough momentum, and Guardians of the Galaxy have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that very obscure comics can still be turned into very successful movies, that Spider-man isn't going to dominant the MCU if he's brought in.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

instead of recasting or replacing rdj with war machine i think they might slot spidey into his place, or maybe thors.

id be perfectly fine with getting "spidey the first" or whatever instead of iron man 4.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

instead of recasting or replacing rdj with war machine i think they might slot spidey into his place, or maybe thors.

id be perfectly fine with getting "spidey the first" or whatever instead of iron man 4.
    Iron Man would probably be the best person to replace at least in terms of solo movies. Captain America is another possibility. I would probably not say Thor simply because he's a more cosmic character while Spider Man is very earthbound.

Though of course since Phase 4 could end up becoming even bigger then Phase 3, then no one would necessarily have to be replaced at all.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    I think phase 4 will be sort of like a continuity refresh. The Infinity War will be over, and many of the old actors will have used up their contracts, meaning their characters will be dead or retired. The new phase 3 films will create a sense of continuity, while Legacy characters will take up the mantle of many of the original characters. Spidey can be introduced as the new Headline act so to speak. Some Phase 4 predictions/hopes:

> Guardians 3, Black Panther 2, Inhumans 2, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2:- These will be the new, old franchises. They'll provide a solid link to the earlier phases. But hard to say what they'll be about given we don't know what's going on with their first (or in the case of Guardians, second) instalments.

> World War Hulk:- I think there'll finally be room for a new Hulk solo movie. I'm really keen on seeing the Thunderbolts act as the overarching story for Phase 4. WWH would set this up, reintroducing us to Thunderbolt Ross as Red Hulk. By the end of the movie he wants to set up an Avengers esque team under his control. Norman Osborn could also feature with Oscorp serving as a military tech company supporting Ross' efforts.

> Spectacular Spiderman:- Introduces Spiderman to the MCU and has him tangling with Oscorp. Norman becomes the Green Goblin via some modified Super Soldier Serum. No origin story for Peter. I'd quite like to see Venom in a Thunderbolts movie, but I wouldn't want SSM to fall into the same "too many villains" trap as SM3 and ASM2. As such I think it'd be quite neat to have Eugene "Flash" Thompson as a side character in Hulk and SSM. He's Peter Parker's High School bully, but he also goes onto become a soldier (giving him ample reason to appear alongside Ross and Osborn) and eventually he bonds with Venom to become Agent Venom. It might be neater to skip past Eddie Brock and instead use Flash as a Composite character.

> Iron Man Reforged:- With Tony Stark retired, this could introduce us to a new Iron Man, maybe based on Iron Lad (but I think the name's a bit too cheesy for cinema). RDJ's contract could be renegotiated and he could return in a smaller, mentor capacity. The story would pick up the Mandarin Plot thread (we know that there is a real Mandarin out there).

> Captain America: Rise of the Winter Soldier :- Sees the Winter Soldier take up the Mantle of Captain America after Steve's death. No idea what the plot could entail. More Hydra stuff? The return of Red Skull?

> Ghost Rider:- I don't know too much about this IP outside of the Nicholas Cage movie, but it seems like one of the few big ones left. Surely 10 years is enough to have washed the bad taste out of our mouths? The impression I got from the movies is that done right this IP could really be something unique in Marvel.

>Avengers 4/Thunderbolts:- Another two parter. The idea here is that some new threat causes the Avengers to need to team up once more. But, at the end of Avengers 4, they've failed to save the day. So it's up to the Thunderbolts to save Earth. Potential line up - Red Hulk, Green Goblin, Venom (potential solo films), Lady Loki (Hiddleston's contract must surely be up, this'd be a good way to keep the character around), Namor (potential solo films), The Mandarin and - this is an out there one - Moonstone.

Is it canon that Agent Coulson was once Peter Parker's principal? We could get Spider-man into the MCU via Agents of SHIELD
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Looks like they are going to be sticking close to the comics for Vision's origin story in Age of Ultron. (source).

I do really like this idea. There is a large amount of irony in Ultron betraying his creator only to in turn be betrayed by his own creation.

solo spidey in 2019 after inifinity war if they get the rights back. so spidey will be the first phase 4 movie if it works out

"Recently, we all learned Sony has been working on a deal with Marvel Studios that would allow Spider-Man to enter the Marvel cinematic universe. His first appearance could be a cameo in Captain America: Civil War. So, it was assumed Marvel Studio might want to have Spidey make appearances in Avengers 3 and 4 as well, but now we have confirmation of it.

Val Broeksmit has been rummaging through Sony's dirty laundry and he came across an interesting email exchange between Andrew Gumpert, the President of Worldwide Business Affairs and Operations for Columbia Pictures, and Sony Entertainment Chairman Amy Pascal. In it, Gumpert told Pascal, if the deal goes through and Marvel gains control of Spider-Man they don't want Spidey's next solo film to be a continuation of the Captain America: Civil War plot just because he would be making a cameo in it. But, Spidey's new universe would "exist in a world where that story has happened" and "superheroes are now divided into two groups." Gumpert also shared details about Spider-Man's planned Captain America 3 cameo. Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) would recruit Spider-Man and give him a suit. He would also meet Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and of course, Captain America (Chris Evans). Furthermore, Marvel would like to start the next Spider-Man solo film with Peter Parker back in high school, living with his Aunt May at their home in Queens.

That's not all! Marvel wants Spider-Man to appear in the Avengers: Infinity War movies that will be released May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019. In order to make that happen Marvel wants Sony to guarantee that a second standalone Spider-Man film would be released in 2019. Marvel wants that reassurance because they don't want there to be a long delay between his solo films.

Gumpert appears to be in favor of Marvel's plan and believes it will benefit Sony more than Marvel. It also appears that Pascal would rather hold off on the solo Spider-Man films until after Avengers 3 and 4 are released."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112568

Wanna know why the general public doesnt go see spider man films anymore? Because you keep rehashing the same damn spiderman vs goblin storyline. Stop suggesting it pls. If spiderman comes to the MCU get him as far away from oscorp, green goblin as possible. Go with carnage or venom and hope u dont botch it like last time, go with kingpin hes in daredevil for goodness sake make him the villian since he will be established. NO MORE GOBLINS NO MORE HARRY NO MORE NORMAN PLS!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Wanna know why the general public doesnt go see spider man films anymore? Because you keep rehashing the same damn spiderman vs goblin storyline. Stop suggesting it pls. If spiderman comes to the MCU get him as far away from oscorp, green goblin as possible. Go with carnage or venom and hope u dont botch it like last time, go with kingpin hes in daredevil for goodness sake make him the villian since he will be established. NO MORE GOBLINS NO MORE HARRY NO MORE NORMAN PLS!!!.
    the first sony reboot movie didnt have goblin in it, unless you never want a green goblin movie ever in which case, that just wont happen.

green goblin is one of spideys arch enemies, hes responsible for the death of his first love (and in a couple really shitty, likely to be retconned at some point because theyre so awful books, he got her preggo too)

not to mention, norman osborn is badarse. written well hes a truly menacing and fucked up enemy for spidey.

i think when they do him though they might go for the ultimate version since hes already been done the classic version twice, three if you count the fake goblin from spidey 3

ive never heard someone claim the reason they disliked the reboot movie was because they included green goblin, origin story for peter? sure but they arent doing that.

and the whole green goblin thing is a moot point anyways, i dont know why the hell you keep bringing it up NONE of the leaked emails or sources claim theres ANYTHING green goblin related planned right now.

the only villain thats been mentioned so far is that one of the ideas they had planned was for a movie based around kravens last hunt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt

which is about.. you know, kraven NOT green goblin

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah some of them also mention mysterio as well, who would be equally awesome

Inb4 that moment when the action figure will be more built than the actress playing the character....

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. "Looking over at Jessica Jones"

more in depth look at the proposed deals for marvel and sony in regards to spidey, the leaked sony stuff also says sony only made 65 million profit off of amazing spider-man 2, for a company that lost almost 2 billion dollars this year thats not good.

"If Spider-Man appears in Captain America: Civil War, Sony will co-finance 25% of the movie. Marvel then co-finances 25% of Spider-Man's next solo film which is scheduled to be released in July 2017. The deal allows Sony to use TWO major Marvel characters and continue the plot from Civil War in regards to how it relates to Spider-Man. Spider-Man would also appear in Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 in 2018, with another Marvel produced Spider-Man movie following in July 2019.

Sony asked for approval over the costume, script (but only the parts specifically involving Spider-Man), and casting, with said actor required to sign a three-picture deal or more. The way this part of the document is worded makes it sound very much like a collaboration rather than one studio having more control than the other. They do however point out that Kevin Feige must serve as a producer, and if for some reason he leaves Marvel, they would be allowed to select his replacement. They also want Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach to be given executive producer credits, and state that it would be pre-agreed that Drew Goddard both writes and directs the first movie.

On the business side of things, if any of the Marvel movies Spider-Man is included in misses their release date, Sony would be paid damages of $100 million, and the deal would be terminated. Sony have only three years and nine months to start pre-production before the rights revert, and Captain America: Civil War would reset the clock on this period. Sony also asked for Marvel's help in ensuring that the "D Machine" would have to be accessible for Spider-Man's solo movies in regards to their TV channels, radio networks, theme parks, and more. The deal would be announced at a press event by both studios on a mutually agreed upon date.

We've also seen documents which indicate that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 earned only $65 million BEFORE overheads, and that they expect earnings to significantly increase after making the deal with Marvel. These are internal documents, and it's not clear how much would change as the deal is discussed. However, this appears to have been put together following discussions rather than as a proposal. We have of course heard that talks broke down, but nothing specific in regards to why, and various outlets have since reported that this is going to happen. Stay tuned for updates..."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112646

- - - Updated - - -

so from what i can tell, if that deal goes through, sony will make 1 more spider-man movie with marvel overseeing it (since theyre too busy with phase 3) and choosing who plays peter with sony having veto power if they dont like them and then starting in 2019 marvel will begin making all the spidey movies.

sounds good to me

Wait I thought the deal was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wait I thought the deal was off.
    the initial deal fell through but they are meeting in January to try and work out a deal and alot of sources are saying we should be hearing some "good news" shortly after that.

basically they kept going back and forth on whether they should do it, talking kinda stopped, then they got hacked, then sony of japan threw a fit because they didnt take the initial 60/40 split, and now they are probably just gonna take the deal.

a partnership with marvel would be good press and would help shove all this hacking shit under the rug

Deleted
    So would this serve as a continuity reboot then? Or would the ASM movies be canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    So would this serve as a continuity reboot then? Or would the ASM movies be canon?
    nothing from sonys franchises would be canon, no garfield, no emma stone.

a new young spidey whos been spider-man for a few years but is still in highschool

nothing from sonys franchises would be canon, no garfield, no emma stone.

a new young spidey whos been spider-man for a few years but is still in highschool
    Yeah, from my understanding a full reboot of the Spider-man continuity is one of Marvel's top requirements for a deal to be made.

Plus the Amazing Spider-man was set in a New York unused to all the aliens and crazy super-science that comes with the MCU, so it would of been tricky to integrate it into canon anyways. If we just go by when the movie's were released, then the Amazing Spider-man would of taken place within a year of the original Avenger's movie. Which in the MCU marked the point where the general people stopped being surprised by that sort of stuff.

On that subject, it would be rather amusing if a subplot of the Spider-man reboot is dealing with the reality that everyone is so jaded by the events of the previous MCU films that no one really thinks Spider-man is anything special or see whatever the villain is as a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    On that subject, it would be rather amusing if a subplot of the Spider-man reboot is dealing with the reality that everyone is so jaded by the events of the previous MCU films that no one really thinks Spider-man is anything special or see whatever the villain is as a serious threat.
    or thinks he caused it because "SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE!"

or thinks he caused it because "SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE!"
    Come to think of it, if the movie is released in 2017 as the leaks seemed to indicate was the plan, then maybe the whole "SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE!" thing could be a reflection of public opinion being largely against superheroes in the aftermath of Civil War instead of one man's irrational arachno-anthrophobia.