Page 1 of 952
... LastLast

[Movie/TV/Comic] Marvel Cinematic Universe: A place to talk all things Marvel

I come here and notice that there isnt one massive thread that deals with all the juicy gossip and spoilers of whats coming up.

Please Spoiler all posts about end scenes and stuff in the Phase 2 Marvel movies.

Love to see some speculation of the future that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah i can try and map out what we know of everything.

Age of Ultron: quicksilver and scarlet witch are latent inhumans who havent activated their powers yet. hydra is using lokis staff to "activate" people, trying to find people with powers, they volunteer because they hate america and wanna take down the avengers to pay america back for not helping/doing something to their country where they were living.

tony starts to build ultron out of both his tech and if some of the descriptions are to be believed some of the alien tech left behind after the battle of new york. tonys idea is that, the avengers arent going to be around forever, tony kind of wants to retire. ultron is meant to be a replacement for the avengers (something cap DOES NOT LIKE) cap believes the fight is never gonna be over, that heroes retiring isnt feasible. at some point scarlet witch casts like a spell on them to bring out all of the avengers bad sides, the only one it doesnt affect is cap. after they barley make it out theyre in this like cabin, cap is just breaking wood with his hands (we saw part of this in a preview)

tony is kind of skeptical and a little insecure, upset that cap basically doesnt have a dark side and thats how the whole conversation starts and its really all kind of a foreshadowing of civil war, basically showing that cap and iron man disagree on alot of basic stuff and that the tension is really growing there.

ultron rebels. kind of early on, and the avengers barely defeat him, theyre all having a party. thats when ultron does that whole string speech and he escapes.

i dont know when exactly in the movie but at some point he goes into wakanda and just steals vibranium and really messes the place up (the main reason t'chala is so pissed in civil war. hes like "yo your robot fucked my country up whos going to do something about this?) wakanda is very isolationist, theyre very protective of their vibranium. without adamantium in the marvel cinematic universe vibranium is basically the most valualbe substance and wakanda has a monopoly on it and they dont like sharing. its not entirely clear how vision is made, but hes voiced by the same guy who voices jarvis, but hes not jarvis. he has aspects of jarvis but hes kind of his own thing.

ultron is really just destroying the avengers and at some point they get scarlet witch and and quicksilver to join their side along with vision and they barely make it out alive. thor is fucking pissed, thats why you see him grab tony by the throat. something happens to hulk, we dont know for sure what but the major theory is hes blasted into space. but whatever the reason hulk is out of commision until like infinity war part 2.

basically all the avengers are broken and hurt and they all go their seperate ways. tony forming a new team. and cap forming a new team. one of the major characters plots of ultron is supposed to be a relationship between hulk/banner and black widow, theyve also hinted that black widows origin story will be shown in flashbacks, atleast a little bit.

the end credit scene is supposed to be cap walking out, this takes place like a long ways into the future, and he walks out and looks over and meets his team of avengers all kind of standing around in the general avengers assemble kinda pose.

so it ends with thor out doing ragnorak stuff. hulk somewhere. war machine is likely the sacrificial lamb of the movie, theres been no mention of a contract extension and no mention of him being in any other movies and everything points to that being a major plot point for him turning to the government.

Civil War: winter soldier is going to be very central to this story, what most people are saying is that while bucky was brain washed he was the one who killed tonys parents. tony wants to arrest him, cap wants to save him because buckys his friend.

tonys team is likely quicksilver, scarlet witch, vision, pym, if hes not dead war machine, maybe hawkeye (havent really heard much of hawkeye)

caps team is gonna be black widow, falcon, ant man, black panther, strange, and captain marvel. and now most likely spidey
    (even if the ant man movie doesnt do well, hes still gonna have a presence in the movies through the avengers stuff)

some of the team members arent going to be like a part of the team from the get go. black panther is mostly on his own side throughout most of the movie. and as far as i know the teams arent final. its basically just the outline. if they want they can save some characters for later, or move them around but for the most part by the end of civil war thats what the two sides are gonna look like.

theres probably gonna be a few cameos, maybe netflix show stuff? idk. the tv side is canon and it takes place in the movie universe but the production behind the two sides are still their own thing so i think some of them wont be showing up till infinity war on the movie side of things.

secret identities might come up for one or two heroes but its not central or a major plot point like in the comics. its mostly tony wants more control, he wants a saftey net. he fucked up so hard and hes like "man, someone needs to be in charge, there needs to be a system in place for things like this yadda yadda yadda" cap believes in order for heroes to do what they do they need to be independent. things get heated and it becomes, well a civil war. in the comics cap is CLEARLY the good guy but that wont be the case for the movie they want both sides to seem like the good guy.

black panther and winter soldier mostly replace spideys role. those are the two characters the main sides are going to be fighting over. both sides want black panther on their team, both sides want something to do with winter soldier. panther kinda wants to do his own thing, hes not in it for the heroes or the governement hes in it for wakanda. wakanda is what matters to t'chala.

baron zemo is also going to be a major villain of the movie. even though there is all these other characters the major focus is still on cap and winter soldier. the working title of the movie was fallen son so its very much still a captain america movie despite all the extra stuff

at some point near the end cap will almost definitely die. (whether he actually dies or not, or only looks like he dies who knows) at which point its very likely bucky will take up caps shield and become captain america, but they could also go the falcon route

the most likely leader for caps team after his death is strange, captain marvel is also a strong candidate.

GOTG2: we dont know much about this movie, we know it'll involve star lords dad but gunn said its going to be an all original new story, so his dad wont be the same as in the comics. its very very very likely adam warlock will join the team, as well as one of the other female guardians since gunn has said he would like to add another female to the team. nebula will return, thanos will likely return. it will most likely end or atleast lead into the guardians going to earth. we know that they will show up in infinity war either part 1 or part 2 or both so somehow theyve gotta get to earth. he also said marvel thought the sequel idea was risky so it might have some surprises and some cool unexpected moments.

Doctor Strange: we dont know too much about this movie. we know the astral plane is going to be a very heavy part of the movie and this movie is gonna kinda be the gateway to all the supernatural and whatnot side to the marvel universe alot like how guardians was the gateway to all the celestial spacey type stuff, just like guardians its very much gonna open up new avenues for storytelling in the marvel universe and lay some groundwork. also like guardians it probably wont have much if any crossover with the other movies, it will very much be all about strange and his journey. the intial report was no more origin stories but we still might get a little bit of origin. the villain is most likely to be dormammu, but theres been some talks of mephisto and baron mordo. but most people have a feeling the main villain is gonna be dormammu. Chiwetel Ejiofor will either be playing the villain or the ancient one. the director has been releasing images like this so this might give you a sense for the tone of the movie

Ant Man: scott lang is very much going to be one of the more human characters in the marvel universe. all he wants is to take care of his daughter. there will be some flash backs will have pym as antman with tonys dad. pyms daughter is trying to usurp control of pym industries and is on the bad guys side. it hasnt been said but its implied something happened to janet that caused pym to hang up his suit and its caused bad blood between pym and his daughter. the yellowjacket suit is kind of an upgraded ant man suit that pym had been working on but after his daughter usurps control it lands in the hands of the villain. so pym enlists scott lang to help him break into pym industries and steal back all the pym particle stuff so it cant land in the wrong hands anymore then it already has. its not your traditional super hero movie. its more like oceans 11 mixed with a spy thriller and some super powers. it'll be kind of lighthearted, there will be plenty of jokes, but its not all fun and games theres plenty of serious stuff. i dont know exactly how it ends but it doesnt seem good for lang. he ends up in jail next to black widow which leads into him joining caps team. i think pym gets off free because tony approaches pym which puts pym with tony.

im not sure how pym being with tony and scott being with cap will affect their relationship. maybe pym puts the suit back on at some point. who knows. but im guessing it will atleast cause some tension.

Thor Ragnorok: no script has been made as far as im aware so i dont know much of whats going to happen in this movie. but just assuming im guessing it will revolve mostly around the massive shit storm loki has been coming up with while hes sat on the throne. idk how or why but thor by the end of it ends up missing, or imprisoned, or dead

Black Panther: i have no idea whats going to happen in this movie either since they havent really started working on it. im guessing andy serkis will be involved somehow but theres really alot of things they could do with it

Captain Marvel: again, no clue. rumour is theyre looking at agenlina jolie to direct it but idk how truthful that rumour is. idk if mar'vell is going to be included at all, with the kree connection they might try to tie it in somewhat with the inhumans but the movies really up in the air.

Inhumans: theyre building up the more human side of the inhumans on agents of shield but idk how much if any impact that will have on the movie side. they'll most definitely be filling the role of x-men so i guess think of it as x-men but with crystals, and weird mist, and atlantis esque cities and whatnot

infinity war part 1: thor, iron man, steves version of cap, and hulk will not be in this movie except maybe as a cameo at the end. both infinity war movies are going to have massive casts. pretty much all corners of the marvel universe will be in this movie and probably a few new ones as well. the first movie will focus mostly on the new avengers since the majority of the old ones are out

infinity war part 2
    : thor and iron man will come back. steve will come back to life somehow, or be revealed to have been held or something idk if hes back permanently or if this will be these guys last hurrah as these characters before being recast/replaced/sidelined. i guess it mostly depends on outside stuff like who renews their contracts.

this is the big money maker, where everything has led up to. EVERYONE will be in this movie. everyone will be fighting to save the universe. some people are probably gonna die. some people are gonna get hurt. its gonna be a bloodbath and its not gonna be easy.

this is thanos story, idk if theyre gonna kill him at the end of this or lock him up. marvel thinks longterm so i think theyre gonna find a way so that thanos can rear his head again at some point like they did with loki.

this is the big game. the battle to top off all thats come before.

- - - Updated - - -

and as for marvels spidey. he will likely show up via cameos in movies where it makes sense to generate hype and recognition for marvels version of him

movie wise we know nothing about who will be villain, what the plot will be ect ect.

all we know is that its a young peter in highschool. maybe even just starting highschool. whoever they get to play peter theyre going to want him to play peter for a long while. spidey, like iron man was for these phases will likely be the thread that connects the marvel movies starting phase 4. they'll probably get an actual teenager to play him instead of a 30 year old like sonys past few movies.

they'll be skipping the origin story, so this is a spider-man whos been spider-man for atleast like a couple months. hes not SUPER experienced, but hes not like "woah i can climb walls now" he knows what hes trying to do.

romance was a big part of all of sonys movies. marvel doesnt like that, its not gonna be a big thing in these movies. it might be a sub/background plot but dont expect mary jane or gwen stacy to be a major screen time stealer like they were in sonys movies.

its very much gonna hit the ground running

- - - Updated - - -

the sources for my info come from various places. but the bulk of it comes from badass digest and latino review. as always things can and do change as new things develop but all my sources have been on the money practically non stop and im like 99% sure this is basically what the next few years is gonna look like for marvel
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2015-02-10 at 11:28 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

well they wont even be mutants in the marvel universe so its kind of a moot point who their father is in the comics since he doesnt even exist.

but im just gonna use this thread to hype up rocket raccoons new movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Thats fair enough its for all things Marvel, cant wait For Rocket Raccoon and Starlord

if anyones watching agents of shield in the latest episode they revealed what is most likely a kree. could have something to do with inhumans if marvel uses inhumans to replace mutants. or could just be a tie in with guardians of the galaxy since kree will be in that

- - - Updated - - -

also incase some people dont know theres gonna be a tv series for luke cage/powerman and iron fist alongside a daredevil show, jessica jones show and a defenders show on netflix next year
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Mutants are called Miracles in Marvel universe.

They are also talking about Dr Strange movie for phase 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Mutants are called Miracles in Marvel universe.

They are also talking about Dr Strange movie for phase 3
    im not sure if thats actually gonna be there names. "the age of miracles is upon us" doesnt really feel like a name reveal to me, if it is its a pretty cheesy name.

theres also rumours of a black panther movie. that would be pretty awesome.

im not sure if thats actually gonna be there names. "the age of miracles is upon us" doesnt really feel like a name reveal to me, if it is its a pretty cheesy name.

theres also rumours of a black panther movie. that would be pretty awesome.
    Its in the cap spoiler where they call them miracles.

So far its Thor 3, Cap 3, Ant-man then 2 or 3 movies then Avengers 3.

Also Terry Crews wants to play Luke Cage.

a black panther movie would be amazing, theres like almost no superhero movies with a black lead character thats treated seriously

I want a new Hulk film with Mark Ruffalo.

Black Panther could be pretty cool.

Also Marvel did get the rights back to Daredevil , plesae do Man With out Fear/ Kevin Smith stuff

I want a new Hulk film with Mark Ruffalo.

Black Panther could be pretty cool.

Also Marvel did get the rights back to Daredevil , plesae do Man With out Fear/ Kevin Smith stuff
    daredevil is one of the netflix shows coming out next year

Deleted
    I busted a nut when I read that the next X-men movie will be Age of Apocalypse (Days of future past, AOA and House of M are imo the very best of x-men)

a black panther movie would be amazing, theres like almost no superhero movies with a black lead character thats treated seriously
    What about STEEL?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Its in the cap spoiler where they call them miracles.

So far its Thor 3, Cap 3, Ant-man then 2 or 3 movies then Avengers 3.

Also Terry Crews wants to play Luke Cage.
    Terry Crews or Isaiah Mustafa would be my choice, though I have heard the Rock wants to play the part as well, which would be strange because the Rock isn't even black.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    the Rock isn't even black.
    Wut?

Sure he's not fuckin "Dark Continent Black". His Mother was Samoan and his Dad was Black.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Wut?

Sure he's not fuckin "Dark Continent Black". His Mother was Samoan and his Dad was Black.
    Yeah but he's not exactly the poster child for black super hero is he? I get that he's half caste, but to me he looks more Samoan than anything else.

Yeah but he's not exactly the poster child for black super hero is he? I get that he's half caste, but to me he looks more Samoan than anything else.
    Yeah I guess, though he is still half black ...need a Samoan superhero then!

If he wasn't already Heimdall, I'd totally go for Idris Elba.

Chiwetel Ejiofor would be my pick for Black Panther...the dude has skills.

Deleted
    Yeah I guess, though he is still half black ...need a Samoan superhero then!

If he wasn't already Heimdall, I'd totally go for Idris Elba.

Chiwetel Ejiofor would be my pick for Black Panther...the dude has skills.
    Didn't really consider him, he'd have to bulk up some, but yeah I can see him pulling it off pretty well too.

Didn't really consider him, he'd have to bulk up some, but yeah I can see him pulling it off pretty well too.
    He was pretty decently shaped in Serenity iirc. Maybe not Marvel Superhero bulk.

Deleted
    He was pretty decently shaped in Serenity iirc. Maybe not Marvel Superhero bulk.
    Yeah if I recall in Serenity he just looked pretty heavy, not really the stereotypical heroic build.

Black Panther doesn't really need to be huge anyway imo. Certainly not Thor huge.