Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Vision being on Iron Man's side makes this so onesided
    I actually considered the fact that Ant-Man is supposed to break out Giant Man (if toys/promotional stuff are true), he'd be the one to match Vision if they go strength vs strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    More than you would think. Mostly it's about where to direct their eyes and body language/movements. Similarly it helps that much more to be in character. One of the reasons theater acting is usually considered more challenging and praiseworthy, b/c they lack so many conventions that movies get.
    I think it was more a joke about how funny the guy looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think it was more a joke about how funny the guy looks.
    Yeah, he doesn't look super intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How will you feel if they kill Captain America in this movie and then resurrect him in Infinity Wars?
    I hate resurrections, and it would be pretty lame since we know he is going to be in Infinity War. One of the biggest issues of Phase 2 was the fact that almost every single film had a character who seemingly died, only for it to be revealed that they actually survived. Death should be permanent, and if possible, it should feel more like the possibility exists that one of the major players can die for realsies. The problem with them wanting everybody in Infinity War is that it probably means nothing overly major or permanent will happen in the next four or five movies.

How will you feel if they kill Captain America in this movie and then resurrect him in Infinity Wars?

- - - Updated - - -

Still kinda wish it was Giant Man vs Hulk.
    that was the plan before they reworked everyones contracts.

its possible it still happens but i doubt it.

captain america 3's original working title was fallen son

i think its possible bucky still becomes cap, maybe with rogers going underground after civil war. maybe even 2 captain americas. or they might just leave bucky as the winter soldier for awhie

either way im still pretty sure by the time infinity war is over we will have an avengers team made up of mostly newcomers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I actually considered the fact that Ant-Man is supposed to break out Giant Man (if toys/promotional stuff are true), he'd be the one to match Vision if they go strength vs strength.
    Giant Man isn't in his league.
    Vision took on Hyperion who is tons stronger than Giant Man ever could be. But admittedly he did that by simply phasing into him and partially phasing back. (Think two objects trying to occupy the same space at the same time.)
    Still kinda wish it was Giant Man vs Hulk.
    Never happen.
    The last time he tried to take on the Hulk he got his jaw broke before Thor could pull him off so to speak.

...of course, if that's what you want to see...ok then, I'm with you there.

These guys got to see an early screening and the verdict is that the movie is (no surprise here) good. It also has Stan Lee's best cameo in a marvel movie according to them.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-02-09 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    [video=youtube;5qCcomUh7HE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCcomUh7HEvideo]

These guys got to see an early screening and the verdict is that the movie is (no surprise here) good. It also has Stan Lee's best cameo in a marvel movie according to them.
    Lots of reviews out right now, some people I have never seen before doesn't really sway my opinion. Speaking more broadly, most people seem to like it, some people REALLY like it, while some people predictably aren't too into the humor and style of it, or can't get past that it's another origin story.

It better be Deadpool recognizing Stan Lee as Stan Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Vision took on Hyperion who is tons stronger than Giant Man ever could be. But admittedly he did that by simply phasing into him and partially phasing back. (Think two objects trying to occupy the same space at the same time.)
    Be that as it may this is MCU Vision and MCU Giant Man. Severely different power levels compared to comic Vision and Giantman, but since Vision was shown as a match for Thor (mainly in the deleted birthing scene) the difference between Vision and Gi/ant man are likely just as similar as they are in the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard, Deadpool is awesome. The villains aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    From what I've heard, Deadpool is awesome. The villains aren't.
    Another Marvel property where the villian sucks.

Colour me shocked.

Ajax was just a minor villain back when he washed out of the Weapon X programme into the care of Dr Kilbrew He was his top enforcer/ Orderly in that facility and was just very unpleasant in general.

So when Deadpool came out it was a very different comic, so to not alienate the current readers. Deadpool was given an Arch-nemesis like most other super heroes of the 80's, so Ajax became that thing for Deadpool.

Now days Deadpool dosnt follow the normal convention and his stories are more random than linear. Like the new run of Deadpool comics, where he is tasked by Shield to kill all the resurrected dead presidents because the Avengers refuse to be seen doing that by the press.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Never happen.
    The last time he tried to take on the Hulk he got his jaw broke before Thor could pull him off so to speak.

...of course, if that's what you want to see...ok then, I'm with you there.
    That's nice and all but you're comparing comic Vision to comic Giant Man, not MCU Vision to unseen Giant Man. Don't even know how big he will get, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I hate resurrections, and it would be pretty lame since we know he is going to be in Infinity War. One of the biggest issues of Phase 2 was the fact that almost every single film had a character who seemingly died, only for it to be revealed that they actually survived. Death should be permanent, and if possible, it should feel more like the possibility exists that one of the major players can die for realsies. The problem with them wanting everybody in Infinity War is that it probably means nothing overly major or permanent will happen in the next four or five movies.
    You can have major events happen aside from character deaths. Look at Winter Soldier.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Cap died in Civil War and was then temporarily resurrected for Infinity War. Coming back as some sort of Infinity Stone ghost or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    You can have major events happen aside from character deaths. Look at Winter Soldier.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Cap died in Civil War and was then temporarily resurrected for Infinity War. Coming back as some sort of Infinity Stone ghost or something.
    You can, but they rarely do, and they kinda brought back SHIELD in Age of Ultron anyway.

Deadpool; a Film Review
    Spoiler: 
    For the multitudes who feared that, after Fantastic Four, Fox might simply be rummaging too far down into Marvel's basement in search of a few more scraps of lucre, the joke's on them. It takes a little while to get in gear — or perhaps just to adjust to what's going on here — but once it does, Deadpool drops trou to reveal itself as a really raunchy, very dirty and pretty funny goof on the entire superhero ethos, as well as the first Marvel film to irreverently trash the brand. Just what anyone suffering from genre burnout might appreciate at this point, as well as a big in-joke treat for all but the most reverent fanboys, this film looks to be hitting the market at just the right time — with Christmas releases now in the rearview mirror — to rake in some sweet returns.

Given the surprising amount of nudity, raw sex jokes and nonstop underlined and bold-faced, racy dialogue, it's amusing to picture the countless pubescent boys who will be plotting a way to get into this extremely R-rated romp. Not only does Ryan Reynolds give it his all, shall we say, but the conversations here mostly resemble the sort of thing you'd expect to hear around last call at a Bakersfield biker bar. Or, more to the point, what you'd get if you mashed up the dialogue from the two previous scripts written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, Zombieland and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Last seen decapitated and heading down the chimney of a nuclear plant at the end of X-Men: Origins in 2009, Wade Wilson/Deadpool has always seemed like a tough nut to crack in terms of centering a mass-audience film on him. A brash and brazen mercenary, he's an anti-hero with a film noir lead's taste for the louche and low-down, as well as a character who, in narrative terms, stands out due to his predilection for breaking the fourth wall. Whether he could make the grade as the leading man of a franchise of his own was always a question, which partly accounts for the prolonged wait-and-see on Marvel's part.

Other reasons for hesitation lay in the character not being a superhero like all the others and, if the pic were to be done right, the necessity of an R rating — a place Marvel has never gone before. How to reconcile the brand's image and fan base with such material? The answer probably lies in the fact that Marvel is so successful now, and so far down the line with their various franchises, that shaking things up was seen as permissible and maybe even a good move. Or perhaps executives aware early on of what was happening with Fantastic Four said, “Opposite direction! Now!”

At first, with some strained/cheeky opening credits (“a moody teen,” “a gratuitous cameo”) followed by an emotional-investment-free highway action sequence notable for its splatter gore content, things don't look promising — just wiseass-y and needlessly violent. Who is this guy in red and black spandex with white fabric where eyes should be, who fights with two katanas, spins in the air in slo-mo and has wounds that heal at once? Shoot this guy full of holes and he'll be back at you within seconds. “I may be super, but I'm no hero,” he cracks. Why should we care?

Flash back two years and things seem no better, save, perhaps, for the dude's face, which now plainly belongs to Reynolds. A grown man who hangs at a skateboard park, Wade Wilson is a former Special Forces operative whose watering hole is a dive called Sister Margaret's Home for Wayward Girls, where the guys are all former soldiers of fortune who never hit the jackpot and the gals look like Hooters rejects. Wade and a bitter hooker named Vanessa (Morena Baccarin) hit it off and get it on in a kinky montage that's more out-there than what most Hollywood-made R-rated stuff ever serves up.

It's right around here, and immediately afterward, when Wade is diagnosed as having late-stage cancer, that, ironically, the film really starts to click. When a doctor mentions the possibility of going to Chechnya for special treatment, Wade responds, “Isn't that where you go to get cancer?” and you finally begin to sense that there might be something to this verbal speed-freak character after all.

The positioning of the flashback seems simple but serves the movie extremely well, especially with the arrival of Ajax (Ed Skrein, deeply evil), a doctor and head of something called the WeaponX workshop, who takes Wade on as a reclamation project and turns him into a fighting machine who can never die. Ajax's sadism during the painful transformation process knows no bounds and, at the end of the ordeal, he takes particular pleasure in introducing Wade to his new face, which resembles ground beef (Vanessa's measured reaction to beholding it is, “It's a face … I'd be happy to sit on”).

Now a freak behind his mask and form-fitting outfit, Wade/Deadpool has it out for Ajax, but their ultimate face-off, previewed in the opening scene, must wait until after Deadpool teams up with two unlikely cohorts: the metallic giant Colossus, who does what he can to protect him, and a rebellious teen who can't possibly live up to her name, Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand). For his part, Ajax has his own one-woman hit squad in Angel Dust (mixed martial arts champ and Haywire star Gina Carano).

The final showdown is very small potatoes by Marvel standards and, of course, predictable, but compensates with humor, which is what floats the entire project. The script has the feel of something gone over again and again and yet again to double the number of jokes each time. The machine-gun approach doesn't always hit, but it does enough so that, in the end, the number of laughs is pretty high.

Beyond even what Robert Downey Jr. has done in the Iron Man series, Reynolds lets fly here in a manic, sly, self-conscious way that leaves you not quite knowing what hit you: the irreverence slides quickly into lewd comic territory; the inside jokes about Marvel in particular and pop culture in general come fast and furious; the fourth-wall breakage is disarming; and the actor's occasional fey, high-pitched voicings add yet another strange element. As in the presence of motor-mouthed comedians, you either sit there stone-faced or eventually capitulate to the cascade of weirdness and the fertility of wayward minds unleashed.

A longtime commercials and visual effects executive and creative director, Tim Miller hasn't so much directed his first feature as liberated much of what has been bubbling under the surface of superhero films for a long time; it answers a lot of the questions you were afraid to ask.

For the record, Deadpool features one of Stan Lee's best Marvel cameos — it's actually funny.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice and all but you're comparing comic Vision to comic Giant Man, not MCU Vision to unseen Giant Man. Don't even know how big he will get, either.
    I guess the Vision's density powers were overlooked in the movie. But if you look carefully you'll see he does still have that ability. It's pretty much his signature power.

Deleted
    As far as i'm aware Giant man doesn't have any "magic" in him. So Vision could just fly up to him, phase through his attacks and then put his hands in his head and turn his brain to mush.

Scarlet Witch will be the one to go up against Vision, her powers directly come from the Mind Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As far as i'm aware Giant man doesn't have any "magic" in him. So Vision could just fly up to him, phase through his attacks and then put his hands in his head and turn his brain to mush.

Scarlet Witch will be the one to go up against Vision, her powers directly come from the Mind Stone.
    shes an inhuman, the stone simply activated her powers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Another Marvel property where the villian sucks.

Colour me shocked.
    For some reason Marvel rarely manages to put their good villains against their good heroes. Fantastic Four has a lot of strong villains despite being far and away one of their weakest hero teams.

I wouldn't call Deadpool one of their strong heroes, but he's a decent performer in sales and he's a better character than most. His villains usually aren't their serious ones, though, because they don't fit his overall tone.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.