10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    When it's just Thor, not Janethor and Thor, I will be interested. Until then, f it.

I have no tolerance for writers who jerk me around and do things I don't like.
    It's a solo book, Jane is off in a whole other world. Odinson is doing his own thing millions of lightyears away. I imagine they'll probably intersect at some point down the line, but I don't think it'll be for a while.

I actually have a theory, based on the fact that Odin is being a MONUMENTAL TOOL right now... I think he's going to meet the truth death, then Jane is going to stay as Thor and Odinson is going to ascend to the throne of Asgard and take his rightful place as All-father.

Then Jane Foster will carry on doing what she's doing, fighting the more traditional Thor enemies, while Odinson upgrades and starts to take on next level baddies worthy of his new power levels. Think Celestial level shit, like Hela, Mangog and higher.

p.s. I know Thor has faced both of them in the past, but I'm just using them as a powerscale, not examples.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because they stuck to the original characterization and core stories. The only one they didn't was with Thor, and because of that those movies have been justifiably criticized.
    So...Iron Man 2 and 3? For that matter, the first Cap. America isn't exactly Marvel's most beloved...Ant-man got a bit a criticism when it came out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's a solo book, Jane is off in a whole other world. Odinson is doing his own thing millions of lightyears away. I imagine they'll probably intersect at some point down the line, but I don't think it'll be for a while.

I actually have a theory, based on the fact that Odin is being a MONUMENTAL TOOL right now... I think he's going to meet the truth death, then Jane is going to stay as Thor and Odinson is going to ascend to the throne of Asgard and take his rightful place as All-father.

Then Jane Foster will carry on doing what she's doing, fighting the more traditional Thor enemies, while Odinson upgrades and starts to take on next level baddies worthy of his new power levels. Think Celestial level shit, like Hela, Mangog and higher.

p.s. I know Thor has faced both of them in the past, but I'm just using them as a powerscale, not examples.
    I was thinking that might happen also but then again I've lost all confidence in Aaron as a writer so..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because they stuck to the original characterization and core stories. The only one they didn't was with Thor, and because of that those movies have been justifiably criticized.

You keep saying that but you're stupid for fantasizing that you speak for everybody...You don't. What are you 12 years old?
    you don't need to insult me lol.

ok to be more precise, most of the fans will get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I was thinking that might happen also but then again I've lost all confidence in Aaron as a writer so..
    I still have full confidence, I'm really thinking that Unworthy Thor is going to be a LEGENDARY run.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still have full confidence, I'm really thinking that Unworthy Thor is going to be a LEGENDARY run.
    I think the ending will utterly fail us and when we finally learn the macguffin that is Fury's message of unworthiness, it will be a gigantic let down. Something they scrambled to write (that they never planned to actually tell) to make sense. That being said, I'm sure the rest of the story will be lovely....but I don't have hope with the 'reveal'.
    BAD WOLF

Its not going to be a full run though. Its only going to be like a 4 issue mini.

Anyone know if the Punisher comics have resumed since the big, giant reset button was pressed on the entire Marvel 616 canon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    but I don't have hope with the 'reveal'.
    I think it's going to be one of those things that's either mind-blowingly awesome or rage inducingly shit. I don't think it can be anywhere in between. I have faith they can pull off the former though.

Its not going to be a full run though. Its only going to be like a 4 issue mini.
    Really? Because usually when they do short runs like that they go out of the way to refer to it as a mini series, I've only heard this refered to as a series. Plus, when it's short runs like that Comixology tag is "1/X". I mean hell, if you go to Comixology and look at the synopsys for Issue four is says: (I'll put spoilers, just in case)

The Odinson's quest is impeded when Proxima Midnight and the Black Swan seek to battle with him! But are the two acting alone or is there someone else pulling their strings? Don't miss the debut of the Odinson's all-new look!

I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like a final issue to me . It sounds cool as hell, and that final sentence has me very excited... But it doesn't sound very final to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Anyone know if the Punisher comics have resumed since the big, giant reset button was pressed on the entire Marvel 616 canon?
    His solo run hasn't started again, but he makes a brief cameo in the Kingpin Civil War Mini-series.

It doesn't end that well... for either of them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57212...unisher_2016_1

Issue #8 comes out Tuesday. I've only read the first issue but I was very not interested.
    BAD WOLF

Really? Because usually when they do short runs like that they go out of the way to refer to it as a mini series, I've only heard this refered to as a series. Plus, when it's short runs like that Comixology tag is "1/X". I mean hell, if you go to Comixology and look at the synopsys for Issue four is says: (I'll put spoilers, just in case)

The Odinson's quest is impeded when Proxima Midnight and the Black Swan seek to battle with him! But are the two acting alone or is there someone else pulling their strings? Don't miss the debut of the Odinson's all-new look!

I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like a final issue to me . It sounds cool as hell, and that final sentence has me very excited... But it doesn't sound very final to me.

It was confirmed as a mini a few months ago. 5 issues I think. I could be wrong but that's been the word on comicvine for a while. I'm guessing he will regain his worthiness at the end of it and then prob get a new volume called something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was confirmed as a mini a few months ago. 5 issues I think. I could be wrong but that's been the word on comicvine for a while. I'm guessing he will regain his worthiness at the end of it and then prob get a new volume called something else.
    Ah, that's very possible. Would be silly to have the run called Unworthy Thor last past when he becomes Worthy again.

I'm hoping it'll be called "All-father Thor"... But I doubt it, not yet at least.

What happened now? reset? What'd I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    What happened now? reset? What'd I miss?
    I don't know the details, it's kinda vague and fuzzy to me. They basically blew up the 616 Earth and the Ultimates universe (i think), combined them together and had an event called Battleworld, and then started over from scratch. Or some such shit, I really didn't follow it much and I still don't really understand it but that's the very basic gist.

I don't know the details, it's kinda vague and fuzzy to me. They basically blew up the 616 Earth and the Ultimates universe (i think), combined them together and had an event called Battleworld, and then started over from scratch. Or some such shit, I really didn't follow it much and I still don't really understand it but that's the very basic gist.
    Oh. Right. The "secret war" thing. I don't really know what happened there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Right. The "secret war" thing. I don't really know what happened there.
    Tbh, the lead-in event "Time runs out" was a LOT of fun, the actual 6 part Secret Wars comic... Pretty shit.

But the end result was the total destruction of the Marvel Multiverse, and Reed Richards created a single new universe, which had all the survivors from both 616 and 1610 on. ALL other Marvel Universes are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I have restrained myself from reading this thread for over half a year now, so I'm not gnna read anything back.

But I saw Doctor Strange, going in blind (except very first teaser) and I was wondering,

Am I the only one who thought it was 'Okay'?

Like, when I went out of the theater and my friend asked for my opinion, I literally couldn't mention anything for 15 mins other than 'It was okay'

I imagine 'Okay' may trigger certain people, so another term I'd use instead would be 'Decent'
    I completely agree...
    I didn't know much about Strange, just the basics... but the movie didn't really strike me as anything more than "okay".

It was litterally just an origin story with the twist that this one turns a jackass into a somewhat likeable hero.

Tbh, the lead-in event "Time runs out" was a LOT of fun, the actual 6 part Secret Wars comic... Pretty shit.

But the end result was the total destruction of the Marvel Multiverse, and Reed Richards created a single new universe, which had all the survivors from both 616 and 1610 on. ALL other Marvel Universes are dead.
    Yeah, that'll last five minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that'll last five minutes.
    Eh, it's been about a year and they're holding steady.

Of course, that hasn't stopped the fuckery, we still have about 6 spider-men, 2 Thors, 2 Wolverines, 2 captain Americas a Ms Marvel and a Captain Marvel...

But at least they're in the same universe now... That's... Something?

How...original...