Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    That's actually one of my annoyances with superhero movies in general, especially Marvel films. The constant smart-assery dicking around and joking in all situations. It's like every hero thinks they're Spider-Man.

Also, write me down as not a fan of talking Hulk. I've never liked it when they give him a decent degree of intelligence because he eventually essentially becomes super-strong Bruce Banner and not the Hulk any longer. His rage and incoherence is part of what initially made the character intriguing. Sure, you've gotta change things up every now and then and a storyline about "smart Hulk" is interesting, but I don't like it as a constant factor.
    hulk being intelligent does not at all make him super strong bruce. bruce and hulk are two entirely different personalities, two entirely different characters.

i vastly prefer hulk being someone with multiple personalities than just being a plot device.

we should be seeing hulk and banner having conversations with each other, bargaining with each other, arguing with eachother.

the hulk is afraid of banner and vice versa, hulk is a fun goofy teddy bear who likes to hang out with his friends and have fun, bruce is a giant jerkwad

this is the hulk i want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I had never pictured Chris Evans playing Snake... but who knew an editted Infinity War poster could give us the Snake we always had... But never knew about?

A metal gear movie (or better yet, TV show) would be freakin amazing, the lore for those games is insane, but in a good way. I could see someone like Netflix having a fucking field-day adapting them.
    i dont want anything metal gear made that doesnt involve kojima. and thats never gonna happen so the franchise will hopefully rest in peace
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

That's actually one of my annoyances with superhero movies in general, especially Marvel films. The constant smart-assery dicking around and joking in all situations. It's like every hero thinks they're Spider-Man.

Also, write me down as not a fan of talking Hulk. I've never liked it when they give him a decent degree of intelligence because he eventually essentially becomes super-strong Bruce Banner and not the Hulk any longer. His rage and incoherence is part of what initially made the character intriguing. Sure, you've gotta change things up every now and then and a storyline about "smart Hulk" is interesting, but I don't like it as a constant factor.
    There's some really good stories with Hulk and Banner interacting, there's a lot of resentment from the way they're basically ruining each others lives and it leads to some interesting situations when they have to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    same. "yes, but hulk, hulk like raging fire. thor like tiny whimpering fire"
    I thought it was "Thor like smoldering fire".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like super intelligent Hulk but Hulk already talked in the first Avengers movie when he called Loki a puny god. Its not really new for him in mcu. Its more just him being able to be calm and still in Hulk form. Ruffalo mentioned at cc that there is sort of a battle within Banner between his regular and Hulk personalities and that Ragnarok Hulk doesn't want to become Banner again. He talks but he isn't super intelligent like Banner is. Hulk likes being a gladiator.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-07-26 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I thought it was "Thor like smoldering fire".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like super intelligent Hulk but Hulk already talked in the first Avengers movie when he called Loki a puny god. Its not really new for him in mcu. Its more just him being able to be calm and still in Hulk form. Ruffalo mentioned at cc that there is sort of a battle within Banner between his regular and Hulk personalities and that Ragnarok Hulk doesn't want to become Banner again. He talks but he isn't super intelligent like Banner is. Hulk likes being a gladiator.
    couldve been, i was quoting from memory.

and yeah, hes been saying something along those lines for awhile now. its something he and feige have talked about. they both want to have a scene inside banners mind where he and hulk talk, and while they dont want to necessarily do a merging of the minds thing, they want to see more of bruce and hulk working together, changing back and forth when theyre supposed to, working somewhat as a team to do things
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I've just finished binge reading all of SpiderVerse (and the Secret Wars issues too). My brain hurts.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Do you actually read comic books? They banter back and forth like that all the time.

Marvel seems to think that comedies are the way to go anymore. (The lone exception is Captain America)
    One of the things they deliberately have omitted is the whole "the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets." It has been a part of the Hulk...that rage. But like a lot of things in the MCU (like Parker's guilt and maturity, and Thor's righteousness which was on a par with Cap's) they've pretty much dismissed it. The very "superhero myths" they created are non-existent in the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Since about 1978, and no most superheroes don't joke around constantly. Spider-Man and Deadpool are known for the humor specifically because it's mostly absent in other heroes most of the time, at least in serious stories. Tell you what, go read the Korvac Saga or Great Darkness Saga and come back to me with all the lighthearted guffaws the heroes shared. If current day Marvel comics are a chucklefest then that might go a ways to explaining their lousy sales numbers.
    *chuckles* Count Nefaria wetting his new white underpants when he saw a sudden lightning storm and then Thor's hammer streaking his way...that's an image I'll never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since about 1978, and no most superheroes don't joke around constantly. Spider-Man and Deadpool are known for the humor specifically because it's mostly absent in other heroes most of the time, at least in serious stories. Tell you what, go read the Korvac Saga or Great Darkness Saga and come back to me with all the lighthearted guffaws the heroes shared. If current day Marvel comics are a chucklefest then that might go a ways to explaining their lousy sales numbers.
    I have always kind of viewed the avengers hero side of Marvel to be the more light hearted side. Like Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Great Lake Avengers. Even the Avengers, are known to be more lighter than let's say some of Marvel's franchise.

Its things like Daredevil, X-Men, Ghost Rider and Punisher that I always represented as the darker side of Marvel storytelling. I myself have always been an X-Man fan, I been collecting X-Men comics on and off since 1989. You look at the Wolverine solo stories from back in the day, that shit was dark.

the light-heaertedness of Marvel has always been there, especially with those type of heroes mentioned above, which is why I never connected with them, I have always been on the side of X-Men, I always related to them as a kid.

But I don't hate the movies, do I wish they would tone down some of the comedy, yea. But at the same time I don't want them to go too dark, otherwise we'll get something as shitty as Fan4stic. If there was one franchise that could benefit Marvel/Disney's more light hearted take it's Fantasic Four... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished reading the latest comics...

Secret Empire... Shit just got real!

Infamous Ironman... HOW does this book not get more love? SUCH a brilliant run, more people need to read it, give it the hype it deserves.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have always kind of viewed the avengers hero side of Marvel to be the more light hearted side. Like Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Great Lake Avengers. Even the Avengers, are known to be more lighter than let's say some of Marvel's franchise.
    His timeframe is the late 70s and mid 80s (or so it seems to me), and that has never been a lighter side...(Reed Richards shutting down his young son's mind; The Korvac saga which killed Starhawk, and was resurrected later; Iron Man dealing with his alcoholism while trying to find who tampered with his armor after a repulsor was compromised blasting through an ambassador's chest; X-Men which were in full Dark Phoenix run...Daredevil dealing with Electra, the Hand...and the Punisher...)
    Deadpool, Squirrel Girl..(omg) they all came later...when Marvel was spiraling downward...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    His timeframe is the late 70s and mid 80s (or so it seems to me), and that has never been a lighter side...(Reed Richards shutting down his young son's mind; The Korvac saga which killed Starhawk, and was resurrected later; Iron Man dealing with his alcoholism while trying to find who tampered with his armor after a repulsor was compromised blasting through an ambassador's chest; X-Men which were in full Dark Phoenix run...Daredevil dealing with Electra, the Hand...and the Punisher...)
    Deadpool, Squirrel Girl..(omg) they all came later...when Marvel was spiraling downward...

My favourite era of Iron Man too

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    One of the things they deliberately have omitted is the whole "the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets." It has been a part of the Hulk
    no they havent. stop making up lies. the hulk in the mcu still gets stronger the madder he gets. we havent seen the hulk get angry yet in the mcu outside of his solo movie which was trash because like i said, it treated the hulk as a plot device and not a character.

the hulk is not a monster, hes not a tool, hes not a plot device, hes a character.

as a kid i always hated the hulk because thats all i ever thought the hulk was. it wasnt until i started reading comics and started seeing hulk actually interact with other people and characters that i realized the hulk is a person. i still am not a huge fan of his solo series as they always tend to focus more on banner who is a character i do not like most of the time since 99% of the times in the comics hes a huge douchebag.

the hulk is treated like a disease or an illness in his solo movie, he never says a single word.

if they do a solo movie again once the rights are figured out id love to see some variation of a heist movie. like oceans 11 but with hulks, you could bring in some of the seedier characters too to fill out the roster and my ideal hulk plot would be hulk, joe fix it, and banner all having to work together and take turns being each other at different moments in the movie.

you look at banner and then look at people like she hulk, cho, red hulk.

you ever wonder why banner is SO DIFFERENT from all the other hulks? its because banner suffers from Dissociative identity disorder. all the other hulks remain themselves, they retain their mind. banner is not normal, he suffers from multiple mental illnesses which then express themselves via different variations of hulks and different personalities.

there is SO MUCH MORE creative ideas to be mined and explored there then "me get angry, me break things"

What that picture represents to me is utterly awful. I don't know what it is, but it's not the Hulk.
    Props for mentioning the Great Darkness Saga. That's how you do cosmic. Wildfire kicked butt in that story.

BTW, if anyone is interested I've been following Diversity & Comics Youtube channel since he started his videos. I find D&C's pov quite interesting, he share's many similar views as I (and it seems many others) do on the state of comics, particularly Marvel. Linked below is his take on Invincible Iron Man #8

Not trying to "convert" anyone by linking it, just thought a few of the posters on the thread may find his stuff interesting.
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2017-07-26 at 05:11 PM.

Infamous Ironman... HOW does this book not get more love? SUCH a brilliant run, more people need to read it, give it the hype it deserves.
    Well, for me, the fact that it's written by Bendis is enough to make me not come anywhere near it. I find his work godawful(literally everything I've ever read by him has been terrible), and so I will no longer read anything he writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they havent. stop making up lies. the hulk in the mcu still gets stronger the madder he gets. we havent seen the hulk get angry yet in the mcu outside of his solo movie which was trash because like i said, it treated the hulk as a plot device and not a character.

the hulk is not a monster, hes not a tool, hes not a plot device, hes a character.

as a kid i always hated the hulk because thats all i ever thought the hulk was. it wasnt until i started reading comics and started seeing hulk actually interact with other people and characters that i realized the hulk is a person. i still am not a huge fan of his solo series as they always tend to focus more on banner who is a character i do not like most of the time since 99% of the times in the comics hes a huge douchebag.

the hulk is treated like a disease or an illness in his solo movie, he never says a single word.

if they do a solo movie again once the rights are figured out id love to see some variation of a heist movie. like oceans 11.
    Really? A hulk heist movie? So just copy/redo what they did with the ant man movie?

I watched the new spooderman. That was pretty fun. The twist reveal was genuinely surprising and felt super tense, especially Keaton's acting while he was realizing that Peter is Spooderman. Very funny, too.

Didn't watch post credits stuff because i aint got time fo dat
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-07-26 at 06:28 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Its things like Daredevil, X-Men, Ghost Rider and Punisher that I always represented as the darker side of Marvel storytelling. I myself have always been an X-Man fan, I been collecting X-Men comics on and off since 1989. You look at the Wolverine solo stories from back in the day, that shit was dark.

the light-heaertedness of Marvel has always been there, especially with those type of heroes mentioned above, which is why I never connected with them, I have always been on the side of X-Men, I always related to them as a kid.

But I don't hate the movies, do I wish they would tone down some of the comedy, yea. But at the same time I don't want them to go too dark, otherwise we'll get something as shitty as Fan4stic. If there was one franchise that could benefit Marvel/Disney's more light hearted take it's Fantasic Four... :P
    I think Avengers has always had a certain degree of corniness/glib banter that didn't make them overly serious because the characters just didn't seem all that real. Many of them seemed to be around for the sole reason of adding in one liners every now and then(Wasp, Hawkeye, few others). More like pieces just being moved around to tell a somewhat simple story. That's my general take on 70's/80's Avengers(even though I did like some of those stories and many consider Stern's run to be among the best). I haven't read Busiek's run but Hickman's run(s) are sort of the opposite of that. Very serious, no guaranteed light at the end of the tunnel, very little humor. The feeling of impending doom always around while many heroes question whether they are even still good people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well, for me, the fact that it's written by Bendis is enough to make me not come anywhere near it. I find his work godawful(literally everything I've ever read by him has been terrible), and so I will no longer read anything he writes.
    Trust me, steal it off someone, or read it on the internet or something... Just check out the first few issues. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So happy I am not the only one that dosent like Brian Michael Bendis. I work at a collectables and comics mail order in the UK and a friend of mine there loves Bendis we could debate for hours about what we love and hate about him

For me I cannot stand him, its not so much that he is a bad writter, sometimes he can be good, but its certain aspects of his writing that annoy me like where he would time waste a whole panel with short sentence back and forth, useless, time wasting, dialogue.

It would go something like this

Person 1: You are kidding right?
    Person 2: Are you kidding?
    Person 3: He isnt kidding
    Person 4: I am not kidding, guys.
    Person 3: Told you he wasnt kidding?
    Person 1: He sounded like he was kidding though
    Person 4: well I am not
    Person 3: I knew you wasnt kidding...

ME: JUST GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!!!!!

It's wasted dialogue, and it annoys the hell out of me. It's like the man cannot figure out what to put there and just does "fuck it, I'll throw in some pointless dialogue to waste time"

Another gripe is how characters totally forget who other characters are. when we know they know. But Bendis didn't do his research and instead tries to soft reboot characters into not remembering so he can reintroduce people.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-07-27 at 12:50 AM.

Trust me, steal it off someone, or read it on the internet or something... Just check out the first few issues. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    I've read enough of his work, I despise it. I will not read anything else he writes, period. I wish he'd fucking leave the comics industry and never return.