Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Titan Runestones and their horrendous drop-rate

Is it normal for them to be so rare, that I'd have better luck getting Ashes of Al'Ar to drop?

Today I went through SoO wing 2, and not a single boss dropped one. Same for wing 1, save for Sha of Pride who I know is a 100% drop. This got me to 4/12, and I'm not too confident that ToT Wing 3 and 4 (save for Lei Shen) will give the remaining six I can get for this week.

I know the cloak will be obsolete by the mid 90s when WoD comes out, but for now I still feel like it may be worth pursuing. I'm not just keen on the grind, what with the Sigils, Valor Points, and Secrets that came before the Runestones.

I have a 535 Timeless cloak currently equipped, so I guess that will have to suffice for yet another week.

You can always log a ticket asking Blizz to mail you your legendary cloak!

15+ Year Old Account
    You are not supposed to get 10 in the same reset. Should expect 3-4 weeks if you aren't lucky with drops honestly. I think 3-4 per reset is realistic
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

I got 10 in my first week of getting runestones, so the answer to this topic, as any like it, is as always:

RNG is a bitch.

Hopefully you will have more luck in the future, in the mean time I can let you know a guildie got about 14 secrets in 5 weeks, if that makes you feel any better.

You are not supposed to get 10 in the same reset.
    It is awesome when it happens though

Deleted
    Oh no that is terrible. ....
    Rest assured that you are not the only person experiencing "worse" luck than others. I remember the threads about people not even getting one per week during ToT and you are getting worked up because of not finishing your whole quest in one week?

Deleted
    RNG sucks. It normally takes about 3-4 weeks to get all the runestones, very rare to get all of them in one week.

Took me 11 weeks to finish rune stones, join the RNG train.

You have a sense of entitlement as big as the continent you live on.

Deleted
    There's a reason why it's orange and not purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    You are not supposed to get 10 in the same reset. Should expect 3-4 weeks if you aren't lucky with drops honestly. I think 3-4 per reset is realistic
    ^ exactly this - I have completed 4 cloaks and on average it took 3-4 resets to complete the quest across them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    There's a reason why it's orange and not purple.
    ^This. And now it is even EASIER than it was before when you didn't have Siege released for additional chances at dropping. You don't have a better chance at Ashes of Al'ar. Don't expect to get handed a legendary in a week or two. This is already the easiest legendary to obtain in the history of the game, since you aren't even required to RAID to get this legendary. Just wait a few weeks and get your welfare legendary.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Wow, you never would've lasted long before they buffed the drop rate, would you? Try going multiple weeks without seeing a single drop before they mad lei shen 100% drop chance. RNG is RNG and people should know this by now if they play this game, seeing as you've done the secrets quest as well, just be happy that you get 2 each week at least and that you only need 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You have a sense of entitlement as big as the continent you live on.
    And you have a mouth big enough to swallow earth, tough guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to complain about RNG? It took me 14 months to farm my Anzu mount on my druid. Every day. Now THAT is shitty RNG [luck].

The game owed me, too. I got it one week before Cata. The same day I got my Zulian tiger. (I added this bit in so you don't give up).
    Last edited by Teebone; 2014-03-11 at 03:19 PM.

It's a 6 week endeavor, and it sucks. Yes. /empathy

The legendary cloak is a unique item that will push your performance greatly, more than any other single item except a strong weapon push maybe. Therefore it is only logical that it takes some time to get there; it's there so you have something to go for. And you know what, opposed to how things worked when they were first released you're already saving countless weeks now with all the additional drops and zero waiting time between steps. You'll get there eventually.

The real problem is all in your mind set. You see that all people have it and you want it now and not in two more weeks. You feel like you're falling behind just because of stupid RNG, but that's just an illusion. You've already been behind when you started, and you're catching up at a fast pace. What you don't see is that these people have worked through at least the same amount of work if not more to get there.
    That's the thing that arises from giving out such items for everyone, and it reeks of entitlement. Drop it. There's no reason to get all worked up.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Complaining about getting 3-4 per week? I'd say that's above average.

Deleted
    I hope they remove the ability for these things to drop from LFR bosses when the WoD legendary is being worked on. During progression you feel obligated to traverse through that hell in order to get your maximum drop chance. I would not give a shit about low drop rates if they did not extend the time I need to be in that festering mucus of content.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting 3-4 per week. One week I only got two, and that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    I hope they remove the ability for these things to drop from LFR bosses when the WoD legendary is being worked on. During progression you feel obligated to traverse through that hell in order to get your maximum drop chance. I would not give a shit about low drop rates if they did not extend the time I need to be in that festering mucus of content.
    Unlikely. I doubt they'll take any more away from the average player, especially with how popular and successful the feature was.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

3 weeks is probably the average. 2 weeks with above average-good RNG. 4-5 with bad RNG. 6 is with absolute worst possible RNG.

2 bosses with a guaranteed drop, 12 with a 25% (I think? Don't have a source but I'm pretty sure thats what it is) drop rate. Average of 5 per week.

The extra 8 bosses with one guaranteed in SoO is a huge deal. The grind is less than half as long as what it was in ToT, with only 6 bosses with only one guaranteed.

Note, Ra-Den also drops a guaranteed one I believe, but in most cases is more trouble to get there than its worth.