Deleted

Stuck in combat bug - annoying players for 10 years now

Seriously, leveling some alts now and I got stuck in combat at least 10 times (am I simply unlucky) despite the mobs being dead. Can't logout, can't exit the game normally. Just alt+f4 which I suppose isn't the best for the hard-drive/registry.

Is it that hard to fix this? Or is there something I can do to exit game normally while in combat? Any help appreciated.

P.S. Or is this simply caused by my latency? (although I'm at 50ms all the time and never had problems with connection)

I've known certain mobs that evade bug to cause this and mobs that someone else got threat on after it agro'd you. So while you're technically not in combat with those mobs you're stuck on their threat list until they are killed or reset

it sucks but if blizzard could fix this they probably would've done so already. maybe they just need some "new tech"...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the only case when this could happen, you can attack and kill a mob and stay stuck in combat for long after the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    That's not the only case when this could happen, you can attack and kill a mob and stay stuck in combat for long after the kill.
    Yeah it's almost as if the mob doesn't register as being dead now. I've noticed the ones causing this take a lot longer to respawn. so the mobs are stuck inside some limbo until the server realizes they're dead and need to be respawn'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HAVE FOUND A FIX!

This is what I do when I encounter this bug: I look for the nearest mob, engage and kill it, 9/10 times it will take me out of combat; if you've got threat dumps ( Feign Death, vanish, Invis) those work too.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    I HAVE FOUND A FIX!

This is what I do when I encounter this bug: I look for the nearest mob, engage and kill it, 9/10 times it will take me out of combat; if you've got threat dumps ( Feign Death, vanish, Invis) those work too.
    Yeah and if that doesn't work or youre playing a class without one of these you can always queue for scenario or bg then leave haha

Huh... I have honestly never had that issue unless it's a guy stuck in evade mode... And I've always easily fixed that by getting just a small amount of distance. *Shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17