Thread: Your job?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Job: Tech Support, Apple Products

Pay: Secret (not crazy btw, all of you with rich parents make more)

How I feel, Great

<3
    Exactly the same cept I'm 27...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trileya duVain View Post

Career: Librarian (small public library)

Salary: ~32k USD

Satisfaction: 11/10. Love my work. I have my MLIS and JD, however, I'm sitting under ~200k USD in student loan debt (all federal aid). On the upside, after 10 years of payments on the IBR plan all that debt disappears (so long as I work in the public sector and the most recent White House budget doesn't gut the Public Service Loan Forgiveness plan).
    That sounds a bit like indentured servitude to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted

Role: Server Engineer

Pay: £14k a year

Satisfaction: Job is fun and i get to learn a lot on a daily basis. IT has always been an interest to me so it's in a field i can really get into. Only downside is the pay. All other server engineers I've talked to are on much more than i am. Would love to do what i do as a hobby and make Youtubing and Streaming a living. Maybe one day.

Deleted
    guys, all of you have so decent jobs with big $$$$$$$ but when blizz increases expac price by 10$ everyone going mad on these forums ! !! :E

Job: Automotive manufacturing, making body parts for civics. Mostly mindless job, loading production line and quality checks, but being able to fix shit without calling techs is a huge bonus.

Pay: 20$/hr, a lot of ot. Roughly 50K a year.

Satisfaction: 8/10 Company treats workers VERY well, even though we aren't unionized. Over a month vacations every year (counting two paid plant shutdowns), awesome insurance package, performance bonuses. Heck, no other employer ever gave me 100$ bill for christmas. But it can be hard work.

Planning to stick with these guys for another year or so, then open a board game cafe.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2014-03-11 at 05:09 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account

Job: School / own business

Pay: too low

Satisfaction: 8 I enjoy my job even if i don't get much for it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Job: Inventory Manager / Head of Purchasing
    Salary: 50k/year
    Satisfaction: with the job 8/10 with co-workers -100/10 (I work with the dumbest pack of d-bags this side of hell)
    My bosses leave me alone because they know I am one of the few that can do my job well without supervision or constantly needing to be watched. That and I cut their overhead by 150K so they are loving me at the moment. My co-workers however are the dumbest bunch of cry babies I've ever had to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Hey, at least you get some exercise, right?
    I've worked this job for about 9 months and lost 20 pounds. Before working here I was 5'10, 180 pounds (which is small compared to most men). Now I'm 5'10 and I'm 160 and feel like a fucking twig. There's a kid that's 24 and has been here for 5 months and he was 240 and dropped to around 210. This job is the greatest weight loss program ever. You don't eat as much and you're constantly moving around.

It sounds great until you get home and don't want to do anything but sleep odd times. I used to go to the gym constantly 6 days a week except sundays as sunday is my religious day. Now I'm only raking in three days a week and I don't train as hard as I used to. The bro's at the gym I used to train with don't even associate with me anymore because of my inconsistency, time schedule and unmotivated attitude. It's a real shame. I lost a lot with this job and unfortunately at my intelligence level, I need it.

emt/ff/paramedic student! (emergency medical technician* im in really fast thing with the lights and sirens*/ fire fighter)
    -22k/yr or 10$ usd an hr
    8/10 im happy with what i do... i just wanna do more Emergency medicine and not so many transports

(but when i do get to play, i save lifes and deliver babies)
    Last edited by protgut; 2014-03-11 at 05:20 PM.

Career: Tech support for financial advisor e.g. stock brokers

Salary: 50k

Satisfaction: 5/10. Just depends on the day and the customer. Get to work from home which is a plus. I think about 15 years or so, this industry will be a lot better. Right now we have an older generation that didn't grow up with computers, but need them for work. Once this generation retires, hopefully people will no longer ask "where's the start button"

Job: Service Technician
    - entails some modest networking as well as computer related and copier related work in IT services. I'm the guy that works with your IT department to help them integrate business equipment into your network so you can press print and your personal photos come out of the copier during work hours.
    Pay:$13 an hour, 50 hour work week
    Satisfaction: Depending on the day and who calls in for support between a 10 and a 1.

Deleted
    Edu: honours computer engineering.
    Job: Software Dev (WinForms/ASP.NET)
    Salary: 61k CAD

Deleted
    I'm 22 years old
    I got educated for a couple of months ago, so I'm unemployed atm.
    27K a year ($)
    It sucks but I'm hanging in there.

Job: Local help organization for mental and social health, consists of offering advice & help for those affected, raising awareness through events (raffles, etc), going on lectures, etc.
    Pay: $1 900/month
    Satisfaction: Great, I'm intrigued by how the human mind functions and I also get to advise & help people who need it. I feel like I'm doing something that really matters.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Job: Principle Officer (Local Government)
    Pay: £38k
    Satisfaction: Varies. Enjoy the job, hate the bureaucracy and government interference, plus the constants cuts means we cant deliver the service the public deserve anymore. Still, getting out soon, fancy a change, and you know, earning more than peanuts is beginning to be attractive, even if it means selling my soul, abandoning all ethics and morality and joining the darkside ie. entering the private sector!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfreak View Post
    For all you CS students out there... DO NOT WORK IN TIER 2 LONGER THAN YOU HAVE TO. You will grow to be a miserable ass who hates everyone that asks you "hey, can you fix my computer?"
    I work on websites, and people still ask me this. Somehow sitting at a computer doing "secret coding stuff" means I'm a computer genius. So many times I get calls and get to say, "Sorry, I'm transferring you to help desk," and then your people get to deal with it. Muahaha.

Job: IT Admin/Manager
    Pay: ~$77K/yr. give or take bonuses
    Satisfaction: 8/10 it's not all that bad. Been here for almost 3 years now and most everything that my predecessor cocked up has been remedied or replaced with functioning shit that didn't cost an arm and a leg...which is something I pride myself in. Being able to run the show how I want it is a huge deal for me. It's a decent tradeoff for the asinine shit I get once in a blue moon.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll play,

Job(s): Retired Military, Land Lord (own 5 properties), Preacher (Calvary Chapel)

Pay per year: Retired pay= $64k, Income from rentals=$58k, Church pay=4k(I volunteer most of my time but they insist to pay me something)

Satifaction: Being retired at 33 is nice, everything else is just a plus. Of course getting jacked up to get retired wasn't fun lol, but it also got me free health care for me and my family, well almost free, like $64 a month healthcare and dental, gotta love the military. I love life.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

Web developer / Designer

20$ an hour.

It is pretty sweet, but I now can never go on a website and not see what was done wrong lmao. It is like being a critic when you don't want to be and all I see is code when I look at stuff on websites in my mind.
    Oh I also need to add that I have no college degree and got my chance at a company, I did so well that they hired me on and trained me for the basics, and then I just learned as I went. Also where I live houses are really cheap, like 150k for a 3 story and was able to get my house at 25. Of course now there is crippling debt from other things but anyone who owns anything probably has a little of that haha.

Job: Unemployed since crushing my foot a year and a bit ago but until then I was a civil servant
    Pay: £23k pa
    Satisfaction: Enjoyed it (6/10) but am enjoying not working quite a bit more tbh