TESO April 4, WildStar June 3...any players left for WoD this Fall?

Shouldn't it have been WoD coming out on June 3? Between SoO fatigue and the lure of these sparkling new MMOs, will there be anybody left to populate those garrisons? Personally, I suspect people will burn out on TESO and WildStar per the three month rule and be playing WoW again in December.

Deleted
    You know what they say about wow killers.

You should also know, by now, what they turn out to be.

I will be playing ESO ("TESO" really bothers me for some reason) until WoD releases.

Are you saying these MMO's are gonna hurt wow? not at all...Wildstar looks like its made by Disney

i will play teso and wildstart.. and WILL be returning be playing wow on WoD like allways comming back to wow.... my account never ran out since release even if i havent allways played. i log in once a week to check my guild and stuff

Deleted
    I'm expecting ESO and Wildstar to only grab half a million players combined from WoW. (I mean look at the crap game SWtOR was and they got like 800k, more than half of those resubbed within 6 months though) I will be playing both Wildstar and WoW and even if I find Wildstar a lot more fun, I'll continue WoW and I think that's the case for a lot of other players too. WoW shouldn't take a big hit from this, but I guess it will be noticible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Are you saying these MMO's are gonna hurt wow? not at all...Wildstar looks like its made by Disney
    I find it funny how you say that since it looks just like WoW but with a newer engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Teso and Wildstar wont be pulling big numbers - Ill be surprised if both together could get 1mill players at all...

ESO and Wildstar are hit and miss. I'm still Warcraft player by the WoD comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retw View Post
    You know what they say about wow killers.

You should also know, by now, what they turn out to be.
    They are all WoW eaters. anyone who ever expects another like WoW is foolish.

It's like if your one horse town has a McDonalds as the only restaurant MikkyDs is WoW

Then suddenly there is a taco bell, applebees, KFC, Wendys, BK

They all ate at the Mcdonalds because it was the only place to eat, but because they are all there, it will split the population who goes to the one they prefer.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Im heading to TESO, If anyone is gonna stick around and pay and wait for WoD in dec, pretty much a year off.. Well its your money I guess. I on the other hand will be playing LoL & ESO until WoD

Played both Beta's, TESO will probably entertain me for a full month though I wouldn't expect many to keep paying the sub after they've finished all the quests. WildStar... not so much. It has potential but the gameplay, as engaging as it is, get tedious and the game becomes a grindy chorefest very quickly. The one thing that is for sure though is that by the time WoD launches in September, both TESO and WildStar players are going to be longing for some new WoW.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the number of Boosts / Pre-orders that occurred yesterday, I would have to say when WoD launches in the Fall, Wildstar and TESO will feel a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Im heading to TESO, If anyone is gonna stick around and pay and wait for WoD in dec, pretty much a year off.. Well its your money I guess. I on the other hand will be playing LoL & ESO until WoD
    I bought 6 months two months ago, I am so pissed I was lied to on a release date. I woulda quit sooner.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rushm0r3 View Post
    Shouldn't it have been WoD coming out on June 3? Between SoO fatigue and the lure of these sparkling new MMOs, will there be anybody left to populate those garrisons? Personally, I suspect people will burn out on TESO and WildStar per the three month rule and be playing WoW again in December.
    haha WoW is gonna die thread nr 91239271391837 and still WoW is on top of every so called WoWkiller .. even if some unsub wow for ESO and wildstar right after WOD comes out u can make another thread asking if any players are left for ESO and Wildstar

Having played TESO beta, I am not interested. I'd rather play Skyrim/Oblivion over again. Wildstar does not interest me and the next Arkham will probably be out in October. I've got plenty to do in WoW and D3 until then.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I bought 6 months two months ago, I am so pissed I was lied to on a release date. I woulda quit sooner.
    Who lied to you about a release date? All I remember is a couple Blizzard employees expressing their desires for a summer release, if you interpreted that as a release date promise then that's nobodies fault but your own. The most recent comments on the release date indicate "as early into Fall as possible" indicating a late Q3 release.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Game vs. game threads are not allowed and this is pretty much what this is asking to be. There are places for discussion of TESO and Wildstar. As far as expansion release dates for WoD there are plenty of threads about that as well in the WoD forums.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."