10+ Year Old Account

Explan me this Z and Y keyboard game thingy

When i play some old games keyboard keys Z and Y always get mixed up (not every game tho).
    This happens only in games....nowhere else. If i try playing in emulator i cant use those 2. (for example)
    Or when i try to use some cheat code in strategy game (keysersoze). Most of the time when a game has a conzole i need to always type kezs instead of keys.
    Anoying i know. Having this problem since....1995 .

(if i try to switch setting in windows it works araund....for example if i type on windows text documents the Z is Y and the other way araund)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

So does any1 know how to fix this?

probably because QWERTY is more the standard as opposed to QWERTZ...they're not really looking for the actual letter, but usually just pulling the key code...on a QWERTY keyboard the Z would normally be the Y key. So they likely share the same keystroke code.

I doubt there's any way around it...maybe there's some QWERTZ/QWERTY emulation software out there that hooks the keystroke?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    probably because QWERTY is more the standard as opposed to QWERTZ...they're not really looking for the actual letter, but usually just pulling the key code...on a QWERTY keyboard the Z would normally be the Y key. So they likely share the same keystroke code.

I doubt there's any way around it...maybe there's some QWERTZ/QWERTY emulation software out there that hooks the keystroke?
    Well in one game i managed to fix this by going under game text document and change the 0 to 1 (and then saving). But not every game has this option.