Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    I recently won a prize on a live stream,so that person asks for my name adress and I send it to that person,and another thing is that this is before twitch sends out the rules of not sending prizes outside of the US,so now this person tells me off by mail and says that he wont send the prize,should I report this person to Twitch or give out his name + proof I won? Really lost at this point I am getting scammed hard right now and yes this person is well known...
    you're in Australia, unless the prize was worth $500 it aint worth mailing to you. costs like $100 in shipping to get to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Does this also apply when watching youtube? Can I claim back costs when a raiding channel gives bad advice that causes a wipe?
    You're not promised money for watching some shit on some website. Stop making ignorant parallels.
    You've also managed to completely be off-point. There's nothing stoping the OP to turn that douche move back to the guy who promised the prize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, where is the scam? You have to lose something to have a scam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    You're not promised money for watching some shit on some website. Stop making ignorant parallels.
    You've also managed to completely be off-point. There's nothing stoping the OP to turn that douche move back to the guy who promised the prize.
    Get ta feck! He is not owed shit, he won a prize when watching someone play a game and failed to read the rules before he applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    I recently won a prize on a live stream,so that person asks for my name adress and I send it to that person,and another thing is that this is before twitch sends out the rules of not sending prizes outside of the US,so now this person tells me off by mail and says that he wont send the prize,should I report this person to Twitch or give out his name + proof I won? Really lost at this point I am getting scammed hard right now and yes this person is well known...
    Did it involve money being taken from you for entering for a chance to win? Esp with no actual prize existing. If not, then no, you weren't scammed. You were simply stuck in the unfortunate position that the company doesn't allow things to be mailed internationally. It sounds like it was the company who came up with the rule, no? Then it is the company, not that person. You can't expect a person to be willing to screw themselves over by violating the company's rules.

If you're so upset by it then write to the company. And they will probably clear it up for you with a resounding "No."
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-03-12 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, i ordered some medication online for a certain...

...Thing.

It didn't impact my performance, nor size, it didn't even feel better.

I was cheated of my hard earned monies.

Bit of advice, go for the Swedish made penis pump instead.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't get scammed. The competition would have been budgeted for postage in the US. Not for around the world.

Deleted
    Go to your own Turkish competition, and win price there... profit! Don't bother with US unless you live in USA it will never work.

Dude says directly in the OP this was before Twitch added the rule of US only for prizes. A lot of the time the streamer will just say 'giving away a mouse to a sub, type 'x' in chat for your chance' and that's all the "rules" that are stipulated. Now the streamer may have in their FAQs/whatnot that they only send prizes to the US, but we'll probably never know really.

People should understand how expensive international shipping is... it's downright disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're going in circles here - there isn't much to talk about when it comes to a situation like this. Closing.