Thread: thok hc

Deleted

thok hc

as destro when the bats come do you normaly save unending resolv(glyphed for when they come?

You would never, ever glyph Unending Resolve for this fight. I'll assume you mean unglyphed... In which case, no. When the bats are down, the boss is still casting fairly slow. Put him on focus so you can still see his casts and DPS the bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You would never, ever glyph Unending Resolve for this fight. I'll assume you mean unglyphed... In which case, no. When the bats are down, the boss is still casting fairly slow. Put him on focus so you can still see his casts and DPS the bats.
    There are 2 glyphs for Unending Resolve; 1. Makes it passive 10% damage reduction. 2. Lowers CD by 1 minute but also reduces the damage reduction part slightly.

The option 2. is what OP meant and should be used.

OT: It greatly depends on your raid setup, we usually have at least 1 Devotion Aura towards the end of the bats in our 25HC group where a lot of damage is going on and healers also need the Devo to heal through it.

RoF> FnB > Havoc>shadowburn>mongo dps. You don't need unending resolve just focus boss and watch cast bar etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I assume he means the glyph which let's you use Undending Resolve on a 2 minute cooldown instead of 3. This glyph you should take as it'll help you get rid of your embers when you start to cap out or have good procs.

As for your question OP. As Teye said the boss still casts relatevly slowly at this point so you shouldn't need to use UR yet, just pay attention to the boss' cast bar through putting him on focus or using an addon to show boss cast bars. Just anything to help you track the casts.

I find it very useful to use Glyph of Unending Resolve. The way our comp/strat works, we hero during the bats, but don't devo. It is more comfortable to me to be able to pop UR during the bats and spam non stop until they get into Shadowburn range (where Glyph of Havoc comes in handy).

My mistake, I didn't think of the 2nd glyph. Either way, just put him on focus and save UR for when you're Ember Capped after they die and he's casting quickly.

Completely depends on how your raid is doing. If you need them to die faster, then yes. If they are dying just fine, use your UR to CB Thok when you get procs.
    Graviity

Deleted
    For us the boss transitions after the bats die. UR is up before they spawn and will be up again towards the end of the next stack phase.

Makes sense to use it for me, though I guess it is strat dependent.

RoF and pop cooldowns as they fly in, F&B CoE and Immo, double conflag, then Unending resolve and spam Incins till Havoc cleave time.

With Glyph, you can use it in phase 1 and it will be ready for bats.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes , with glyph cd is short enough to use it in p1 then again for bats, works great, we even got pally cast devo after just in case so theres no interruption possible whatsoever