Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Again you are confusing is an assessment of quality or worth to an individual as equal to objectively discussing game design. You are referencing subjective metrics. I could care less whether any individual likes the change and feels the game is more fun for this discussion. That's something entirely different.
    Earlier you stated;

Now they have found a design that fits within the actual gameplay, which means by an objective means the design has been improved.
    The design they have found does not perform the functions of the AH, it is objectively worse for people who enjoy trading. If they found a smoother way of integrating AH functions with the game-world I would agree it was objectively better, but the issue is they changed the design in a way that some will find better or others worse, rather than refining the design to offer a better experience.

I started playing in the beta, bought it when it came out and leveled two toons to 60.
    Got 20 some odd paragon levels and then quit because it was boring as hell and I never got anything.

Started up again about a week or so ago and I've seen more loot than ever.
    Classes are more fun & just generally the game is solid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played beta of diablo 3... but is there anyway you can change the controls so that you use AWSD for movement instead of the mouse? I hate not being able to strafe and use abilities at the sametime without slowing down and turning 180 degrees around.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    *snip*
    Ok, I can't keep trying to explain what gameplay means to game design to you so I'll have to just let you agree to disagree. I mean it's factually unsupported, but hey...this is the internet, feel free to think anything you want! I don't begrudge you any ill will for that.
    BAD WOLF

Ok, I can't keep trying to explain what gameplay means to game design to you so I'll have to just let you agree to disagree. I mean it's factually unsupported, but hey...this is the internet, feel free to think anything you want! I don't begrudge you any ill will for that.
    Yup, right back at you, enjoy your objectively correct opinions.

Great. That is also irrelevant as it is a design decision. Trading still happens, but you are now required to participate in group activities to do it. Trading has not been 'killed off'. The method for trading has changed. Calm down with the doomsaying and ad hominem. It's tacky.

It removes players from gameplay, which is the entire purpose of games. It was objectively bad design to have trading function the way it used to from a pure gameplay standpoint. It might have been enjoyable, but switched to a lobby auction/social networking system which isn't really part of a game by technical and inherent design principles. Now they have found a design that fits within the actual gameplay, which means by an objective means the design has been improved. It has the added benefit of completely eradicating the black market that sold items on the internet, which is brilliant. Everything else is irrelevant, subjective and non factual statements.

Whether you enjoy it or not is of no value to me. We're speaking about game design of which your feelings don't actually factor. With that being said, I register your repeated complaint. My suggestion is to not pay or play the game going forward. I'm not sure what else you are expecting here.
    I'm not doomsaying, I merely stated that they had killed off trading which they have. Being able to pass the item within 2 hours is not trading. You're the one who turned the conversation into your personal opinions on the game when I was simply stating facts from the beginning.

You're saying "objective" about something extremely subjective, you perhaps need to know the difference between the meanings of the terms. When you're able to understand that much you can perhaps get back to discussing your opinions.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're saying "objective" about something extremely subjective, you perhaps need to know the difference between the meanings of the terms.
    As I've already explained at length to someone else...there is a stark difference between a personal feeling of a game's quality, something that has no bearing on what was discussed. I don't see the point in discussing higher ideology of video game design to people who think a tenet of said design is subjective. It's not. But hey, carry on solider!
    BAD WOLF

As I've already explained at length to someone else...there is a stark difference between a personal feeling of a game's quality, something that has no bearing on what was discussed. I don't see the point in discussing higher ideology of video game design to people who think a tenet of said design is subjective. It's not. But hey, carry on solider!
    You don't see the point in discussing higher ideology of video game design because you're unprepared to accept that not everyone will accept your opinions as fact.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Re: trading - people seem to be misinformed to think it's impossible to trade items with your 'friends' but the reality is that groups can trade items together. It adds a further incentive to group play, even if random, as you get 4x the chances of finding something that is valuable and can hash out deals with people in real time. No more lobby trade, black market website shenanigans. Just play with people, trade with people, win.
    I did not know this, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I did not know this, thank you.
    No problem. I believe it is a 2hr time frame like it works in WoW, but it's a great way to find good stuff.
    BAD WOLF

honestly id probably buy this if they supported full controller support on the pc

honestly id probably buy this if they supported full controller support on the pc
    I can't believe anybody would willingly use a console controller over a mouse and a keyboard
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

only for very selected few games, FPS games = keyboard & mouse. MMOS = keyboard & mouse. but then actionadventure (hitman/gta/assassins creed stuff) = controller 100%. Racing games = controller 100%
    I am new to this genre of games, find diablo/torchlight n crap pretty damn depressing tbh but if it was cheap enough and had controller support id give it a proper whirl, Ive tried the demo on pc and tried the demo on a xbox..... its definitely better on the xbox, hands down, im not buying it on xbox though as i dont own one anymore i only have a pc

Deleted
    To answer OP question I say it is. I levelled a Witch Doctor yesterday and it has been a pleasure.
    Drops are meaningful while levelling as the range of stats they roll increase with your level making your increase steadily and allow you to raise level of difficulty if needed. With the drop changes Blacksmith can help cause the items it creates (as long as they are for around your level) can be quite good even though sometimes you may have to try more than once, so it helps in filling that odd slots you can't manage to find.

Skills have been quite balanced now and numerous secondary stats have been made relevant or added increasing the breadth of skill combination you can use without necessarily gimp yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think it's worth pre-purchasing and it's the only time I've ever pre-purchased any game, ever.

Not saying it's the best game I've ever played, but for something like this it is worth getting to play immediately at launch, I think.

As for people discussing trading, I disagree with the notion that it's actually dead. For the past few weeks it's the first time I've ever played with another person since launch and because the drop rates on legendaries we've been able to share items with each other on a regular basis.

Heck, with the guaranteed legendary drop when killing Diablo it will be even easier to start trading with others when you just can form a group before the boss fight, kill the boss, and trade any legendary that drops if it's something anyone in the group wants. I think that's a pretty neat thing and it encourages playing with others to get better chances at legendary drops.