Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't blizzard just inflating the opening day of hearthstone by making people sign in for a mount.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    Please... this would make the forum so much better... read the posts... it seems obvious, but apparently someone has to remind you.. read posts before you respond...
    The problem isn't "reading", the problem is "reading comprehension". With the high amount of players in WoW it is very likely that some of them are just too dumb to understand what they read. Sadly, those guys are the most vocal part of every community.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What I don't get is why the OP hasn't edited the OP after three pages of people not understanding his OP.
    Despite you not responding directly (which is a bit offensive but whatever), but speaking in third person, you have a good point, and because of your post, I did edit the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Aren't blizzard just inflating the opening day of hearthstone by making people sign in for a mount.
    And? It's a good marketing strategy and isn't hurting anyone. If people truly feel that they're being forced in to anything... well I feel sorry for them as a person.

It's not as if Blizzard need to inflate their position with Hearthstone in the card game genre. They've already taken over and brought the genre back with a new life. It's not Magic the Gathering by any means but it's simple enough and easily accessible and approachable in such a fashion that it has truly taken the spotlight. The game is free to play and it has strong ties to Warcraft itself.

It's a no-brainer.

easly to obtain ( tooo easly, blizz was right that its free.
    I played rogue deck 6 wins in a row this morning then i loged to wow and... mount is blue !
    WTF! i wanted RED RED RED! im on horde side so red is better, why no red ?? ';((

You just didn't read my post at all did you?

- - - Updated - - -

Please... this would make the forum so much better... read the posts... it seems obvious, but apparently someone has to remind you.. read posts before you respond...
    People were confused because your OP was so vague and badly written. Not their fault at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Which aside from the last part, I would say is mostly true. Obviously people can decide whether or not they think its just, but I personally think its pathetic that they charge us a sub fee, and then put unique mounts behind 'micro' transaction premiums.
    This guy says it better than me... I did put in a little too much pathos, because I had some (some would say 'a lot of') wine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Read into what hes saying and you'll realise the first part of the OP is essentially pointless musings.

But the main bulk of the argument from what I've gathered is that so many high quality or flat out newly designed mounts have been thrown onto the store recently that people have lost faith in Blizzard.

Which aside from the last part, I would say is mostly true. Obviously people can decide whether or not they think its just, but I personally think its pathetic that they charge us a sub fee, and then put unique mounts behind 'micro' transaction premiums.
    If people buy these mounts, I'd blame them more than Blizzard for continously providing them. Personally, I don't think mounts you've bought are cool, despite having neat models, because riding it only shows everybody that you have disposable income, not that you've commited yourself to raiding or something else ingame. But apparently not everybody shares that view. It's just cosmetic items anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah when a new mount is shown on MMO-champ I just assume it's another store mount and ignore it unless it's clearly not (as in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Your avatar picture makes your post 100% more effective haha.

The thread is pretty pointless, though.

It is nice for once when Blizzard decides to make a nice mount that doesn't require cash.
    Actually the heart of this thread is this; my view on the brand 'Blizzard' has gone from 'cool' to 'not cool' since 15 years ago---> now... That is what I wanted to say.

Why couldn't it have been the red one for horde and the blue one for alliance.
    The red one is much cooler.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Actually the heart of this thread is this; my view on the brand 'Blizzard' has gone from 'cool' to 'not cool' since 15 years ago---> now... That is what I wanted to say.
    When they made a MMO that continously evolves and expectations slowly began growing more than the content, despite the content still being better than the previous content, that's when a lot of people began thinking "not cool".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    People were confused because your OP was so vague and badly written. Not their fault at all
    You're right, it's not their fault they are dumb. Blame the education systems and genetics. I certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    It is edited now ... hopefully it is better

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Or rewarding people for atleast giving Heartstone a try might be alot of people that dont think its a game for them, but try it just for the mount and happens to start to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    incase you didnt know you get the mount for free.
    Bronze Drake v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Umm the Hearthstone mount isn't a store mount. What are you going on about.
    Seriously, I never wrote it was a store mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Bronze Drake v2.0

This mount is worse than the bronze drake, it scales to your riding level, if you cant fly it serves as ground mount till you can fly. Least the bronze drake couldn't be used by everyone, even if they did get it. I remember having alts that got the bronze drake, but couldn't learn it because they didnt have the riding (flying) skill. They only had basic flying and had to use shitty 60% flyers.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    This mount is worse than the bronze drake, it scales to your riding level, if you cant fly it serves as ground mount till you can fly. Least the bronze drake couldn't be used by everyone, even if they did get it. I remember having alts that got the bronze drake, but couldn't learn it because they didnt have the riding (flying) skill. They only had basic flying and had to use shitty 60% flyers.
    This thread is not about the looks of the mount.

This thread is not about the looks of the mount.
    Why mention a particular mount, if you didn't want a particular mount mentioned?

You could have just used the bold line in your OP as the only sentence.