About the early game repetitiveness

Hi guys.
    I play the trial from time to time as a Blood Elf Priest but I just can't get into it because of the amount of restriction you have and just asking someone for a quest with really no plot then doing it only to rinse and repeat.
    Please tell me it gets better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this about the restrictions of a trial account or the boring leveling experience? Because the leveling gets better around 15 when you start to get into dungeons or pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Is this about the restrictions of a trial account or the boring leveling experience? Because the leveling gets better around 15 when you start to get into dungeons or pvp.
    Leveling is just painful with the rinse and repeat quests with no meaning grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Protagenic View Post
    Leveling is just painful with the rinse and repeat quests with no meaning grinding.
    questing in wow is pretty bad imo

but the end game content is better than anything else

Deleted
    The questing gets alot better once you get into the new reworked zones that were hit by the cataclysm. Also there are many interesting quests if you can be bothered to read the quest logs : /

I completely disagree if someone hasn't done them before. Almost every zone in the game has at least one fairly immersive, high-effort questline. It's just that people have either done them more than three times (if not over a dozen) or they don't read quest test, complain about "this five minute RP" or skip any quests that are more detailed that "bring me bear asses."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I completely disagree if someone hasn't done them before. Almost every zone in the game has at least one fairly immersive, high-effort questline. It's just that people have either done them more than three times (if not over a dozen) or they don't read quest test, complain about "this five minute RP" or skip any quests that are more detailed that "bring me bear asses."
    Yeah, I agree with this: most of the zones are pretty solid. Try a Goblin for comparison; the BElf starting stuff is kind of the oldest, and least polished, starting experience you can get these days. That said, around 15-20 even questing gets better.

It still has a lot of "fetch me 17 bear spleens", and you find out just how many bears run around fine without a spleen, but there is some story, and sense of progress, and conflict. Outland goes back down, Wrath is fun, and Cata is great the first time if you want a ride on rails through a theme-park. So... yes, it does get better.

Also of note: your limitations will go down, but levelling is kinda slow and restrictive as a priest. You may find that disc plays better than shadow for the first 60 to 70 levels, just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    I boosted a Priest to 90 last night and was FLOORED how much power that little gnome really had.

Have you tried reading the quests? Mass pulling mobs to challenge yourself etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    It wont get any better m8. I suggest you buying $60 boost, so you can skip the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    It wont get any better m8. I suggest you buying $60 boost, so you can skip the whole game.
    You can skip the whole leveling grind. No serious player consider old expansion or even current expansion questing as "the game", the game is endgame, ironically.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You can skip the whole leveling grind. No serious player consider old expansion or even current expansion questing as "the game", the game is endgame, ironically.
    People keep saying this and I don't know if they remember actually leveling, or remember how important the small details were. Much like you look back on your 20's (when you're in your 30's or later) and laugh at the things you thought were important. Just because it isn't important to you now doesn't mean it wasn't important then. Don't be naive and think this is to better the QoL of new players, this is farming old, tired players for more money before they finally split.

There is no winning in an MMO. It's not pay to win but you people making excuses for Blizzard pushing this limit are only hurting yourselves. If this proves profitable, which it undoubtedly will, they'll continue to push the line with these services as they have continued to do until you can buy your way through everything.