Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hopped into ToT LFR last night out of boredom and to practice my new spec, and having DPS in those 483 greens is one thing and is fine, but when both of your two tanks are in gear with no dang gem slots, you can forget about attacking in the first 20 seconds without pulling threat.

We made it, though. I think people just need to relax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Okay so I see a Monk and a Warrior that are epeening and staying on Horridon, looks pretty standard. And then I see people in 483 gear doing DPS that's roughly equivalent to what you'd expect in 463 gear, and a couple of people totally failing. So it looks like the standard LFR with people underperforming.

I mean don't get me wrong it's a lot worse this week because of the 90 boosts, but that's a pretty bad fight to use as an example via damage meter, and a pretty bad example anyway. I did ToT-3 and 4 for Runestones on an alt last night and it went really smoothly.

You're assuming that's near the end, but the top 2 DPS, the ones that are sitting on Horridon and Epeening have only done 32 and 39m damage. So they're on what, door 2 at most? We don't know how long most of the DPS has been dead, what point for sure in the fight that is, what % the wipe happened at, etc.
    From my lack of care for doing math, I'm going to go with Door 2, maybe Door 3 since that's a common place to wipe.

That is GOD awful, 50% damage increase turns 30k into 45k, you're telling me only 6 people are succeeding at doing more DPS than what AVERAGE Heroic Raiders did at 85 in Dragon Soul?

I love my boosted character, but I'm not that much of a cunt to queue into LFR and play it with 483 gear, no enchants, gems or any clue how to play xD

That dps is pretty terrible, but at the same time people in LFR have been terrible the entire xpac.

Definitely looks normal to me. 100% of the LFRs I've tried in the past 6 months had 50% or higher AFK/auto attack.
    It'd help if LFR ToT wasn't REQUIRED to buy Valor Gear (except necklace).

Then you wouldn't see people on their 10th, 11th+ alt so bored of the place that they just auto-attack and AFK because they don't feel like doing it for the 10th, 12th time just to use their valor points.

Blame Blizz for that stupid mistake of gating all Valor Point items behind LFR.

At least some are hitting the boss. From what I've been to lately most just dive into fire or instant death traps.

On a related topic, actually won Mines and Kotmogu first try for the cape this week, as Alliance. Wonder if that was due to boosted 90's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Lemme guess: Gogg and Heartlin had 100% of their DPS on Horridon the whole time?

Sounds 'bout right. Every time I LFR ToT, the top 3 always tunnel the boss. Always.
    That very well could be the case. I'm always hesitant to trust meters on add focused fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    That very well could be the case. I'm always hesitant to trust meters on add focused fights.
    You can see their top targets and call out who's a lazy DPS.

It doesn't look any different than last week to be honest.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    From my lack of care for doing math, I'm going to go with Door 2, maybe Door 3 since that's a common place to wipe.

That is GOD awful, 50% damage increase turns 30k into 45k, you're telling me only 6 people are succeeding at doing more DPS than what AVERAGE Heroic Raiders did at 85 in Dragon Soul?

I love my boosted character, but I'm not that much of a cunt to queue into LFR and play it with 483 gear, no enchants, gems or any clue how to play xD
    Okay I agree with you, I tried LFR with my boosted, realized I'm probably not quite there yet with that class so I left so that I don't inconvenience other people but we have to be realistic about this screenshot that we're looking at. For one we're looking at a screenshot that doesn't tell us much. Two, it's Horridon. It's a fight that involves a lot of movement and target swapping and whatever, so it's a really bad fight for looking at a damage meter. If you stay on the boss the whole fight and fail it, your DPS will be really high. If you do the fight correctly then your DPS is going to be less than stellar. If we were looking at a normal fight and the numbers were like that, I'd agree with you 100% that they're terrible. But it's a Horridon wipe, so *shrug* What actually worries me more is the "540 arms warrior" that's doing 145k. Unless he was dead for awhile. I mean if he was epeening the boss then his DPS should be higher, and especially as arms spec if he was on the adds his DPS should be much higher than that.

I mean I feel like a lot of this boost whining is just whining for the sake of whining, and I feel like this thread is an example of that. It's using one of the worst fights possible to "prove" a point. Yesterday I joined an LFR and a hunter with no gems or enchants in his 502+ gear was calling to kick all the boosted characters.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The game tells you what buttons to press if you open your spellbook! How are people THAT bad?

Okay so I see a Monk and a Warrior that are epeening and staying on Horridon, looks pretty standard. And then I see people in 483 gear doing DPS that's roughly equivalent to what you'd expect in 463 gear, and a couple of people totally failing. So it looks like the standard LFR with people underperforming.

I mean don't get me wrong it's a lot worse this week because of the 90 boosts, but that's a pretty bad fight to use as an example via damage meter, and a pretty bad example anyway. I did ToT-3 and 4 for Runestones on an alt last night and it went really smoothly.

You're assuming that's near the end, but the top 2 DPS, the ones that are sitting on Horridon and Epeening have only done 32 and 39m damage. So they're on what, door 2 at most? We don't know how long most of the DPS has been dead, what point for sure in the fight that is, what % the wipe happened at, etc.
    Epeening? 160k is nothing... Hell, I do around 170k dps on a Mistweaver in (Horridon) LFR... and that's switching between adds and boss.
    Last edited by Takure; 2014-03-12 at 12:54 PM.

I think people are overdoing the "lolol normal lfr"
    been quite a bit on lfr in ToT, not a lot on SoO and that's really bad overall, worse than usual
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-03-12 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    That dps is pretty terrible, but at the same time people in LFR have been terrible the entire xpac.
    You get solid groups on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, actually.

Deleted
    The previous LFR tiers have had this kind of DPS for a while now, the good players have geared their alts / got the legendary on their alts, so it's just the baddies / new players that are queueing.

lol at only two people doing more dps than the standard in dragon soul heroic

This is what horridon looked like before the boost. I recently went in To get a couple pieces on a freshly dinged monk, most everyone was sub 50k. We had 3 wipes. I think we are seeing a case of people not giving 2 fucks and just trying to get that Ilvl for SoO lfr.

Deleted
    Okay I agree with you, I tried LFR with my boosted, realized I'm probably not quite there yet with that class so I left so that I don't inconvenience other people but we have to be realistic about this screenshot that we're looking at. For one we're looking at a screenshot that doesn't tell us much. Two, it's Horridon. It's a fight that involves a lot of movement and target swapping and whatever, so it's a really bad fight for looking at a damage meter. If you stay on the boss the whole fight and fail it, your DPS will be really high. If you do the fight correctly then your DPS is going to be less than stellar. If we were looking at a normal fight and the numbers were like that, I'd agree with you 100% that they're terrible. But it's a Horridon wipe, so *shrug* What actually worries me more is the "540 arms warrior" that's doing 145k. Unless he was dead for awhile. I mean if he was epeening the boss then his DPS should be higher, and especially as arms spec if he was on the adds his DPS should be much higher than that.

I mean I feel like a lot of this boost whining is just whining for the sake of whining, and I feel like this thread is an example of that. It's using one of the worst fights possible to "prove" a point. Yesterday I joined an LFR and a hunter with no gems or enchants in his 502+ gear was calling to kick all the boosted characters.
    Yeah I'll agree with you that we can't see the proper variables of the fight. I'd love to see a full duration Berserk Wipe on say.. Jin'Rohk with all 25 alive til the end /gulp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Always see this shit on Horridon when somebody decides to pad their DPS meter by sticking on Horridon for the entire fight and ignoring adds
    shh. I have got alot more dps that the SS on that boss lol.
    Aye mate

ToT LFR has always been awful.