Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The time of perfection is nigh approaching

"We are summoning our fallen brethren?" Rakmar asked softly. He and the other necrolytes were standing around the altar Gul'dan and Cho'gall had built, as ordered, but Gul'dan could see they were trying to decipher its purpose. Let them. By the time they did, it would be too late.

"Yes," Gul'dan replied, concentrating on the incantation he was about to perform. "Doomhammer slaughtered the other warlocks but their souls linger. We will summon them and instill them in the human bodies." He grinned. "They will be eager to return to this world, and serve the Horde once more."
    Rakmar nodded. "That will animate them," he agreed, "but will it give them power? Or will they be little more than walking corpses?" Gul'dan frowned, surprised and not pleased that the necrolyte had figured that out so quickly. "Silence" he commanded, forestalling other questions. "We begin"

He began the ritual, summoning his magic to him and feeling it fill him with power. Not enough power, but soon that would change. In the meantime he concentrated on his task, channeling his energies into the altar before them, priming it for the transformation he was about to evoke. Rakmar and the other necrolytes joined in, lending their own necromantic magic to his incantation.Thus they were distracted and did not notice that Gul'dan had moved from his position until it was too late. "Rrargh!" Gul'dan could not stop the growl from escaping his lips, but it did not matter.He was already positioned right behind Rakmar, curved dagger at the ready, and as the taller orc turned Gul'dan's blade lashed out, catching the necrolyte full across the throat. Blood arced out, spraying them both, and Rakmar toppled backward, clutching the wound, gasping for air. He fell onto the altar, and gasped with horror as he tried to push himself away from it. But Gul'dan was on top of him, straddling the fading necrolyte, and batted his hands away. Then he plunged the dagger into Rakmar's chest, wrenching it about to create a gaping hole. Into this he reached and, with a sharp tug, removed Rakmar's still-beating heart. Before his former assistant's eyes Gul'dan cast the spell he had prepared, his magic enveloping the bloody organ and trapping Rakmar's spirit within. The magic of the altar surged up then, reshaping the heart, shrinking it and hardening it and granting it an unnatural luster. As the necrolyte collapsed, his body now an empty shell, Gul'dan grinned down at him and held up the glowing gem.

"Do not fear, Rakmar" he assured the dead orc. "This is not the end for you. On the contrary. You shall succeed at your task, with my help. You will fight again for the Horde. And Doomhammer will have his undead warriors." He laughed. "That is the good thing about necromancers---we never let anything go to waste."

He glanced up. Cho'gall had killed several more necrolytes already, preserving their hearts and souls as jewels in the same manner. The rest were cowering, their magic still caught up in the altar, unable to flee and too terrified to fight. Gul'dan snorted. Worthless! He would have fought. But this made matters easier for him, at least. He laughed as he rose and stalked toward the remaining Warlocks, licking the blood from his tusks as he approached. Soon they would be warlike enough for even the most bloodthirsty commander.

As he and Doomhammer watched, the corpse stirred. Its fingers closed tightly around the truncheons, which began to glow. That light spread to the body's hand, then up along its arm, slowly infusing the entire form with a green aura.

"Welcome back, Teron Gorefiend," Gul'dan replied, trying to keep the laughter from his voice. "Yes, I have brought you back, to further serve the Horde."

Doomhammer stepped forward, studying the strange creature before him, "Gorefiend? One of your warlocks from the Shadow Council? I killed him myself."

Citation: Rosenberg, Aaron. World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness. Pocket Star Books. A Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc. 1230 Avenue of the America. New York, NY 10020. www.SimonandSchuster.com. Pages (135-138)(140-141)

Warlocks are Necromancers. The book refers to the Orc Necrolytes (Necromancers) as Warlocks and vice-versa. Warlocks are immortal, we can imbue our souls into jewels, raising ourselves as undead, or at least our soulstones should raise ourselves as undead in-game, but whatever, you get the point. Soulstones are phylacteries, they store souls, and when the body is destroyed, voila, we become corporal once more. BAM BAM BAM BAM

WTB Major Glyph [Fel Reanimation]: Whoever is raised by your Soulstone will now appear as a Death Knight with a glowing Green aura.

Also, Demons are immortal in the sense that they don't die from aging, and most Warlocks use Fel magic which drains life from others. Warlocks can turn into Demons, and in Rise of the Horde, this Warlock drained the life from two children, aging them prematurely, all the while nourishing himself.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason why Warlocks abandon their studies as a Mage or a Shaman. Warlocks abandon their studies as a Mage or a Shaman in pursuit of greater power. Warlocks don't abandon their studies in order to gain less power, they abandon their studies for more power. A Mage who becomes a Warlock doesn't forget the spells he or she learned when he or she was a Mage. Warlocks has access to all the spells a Mage has and much more.

Warlocks bind Demons from other planes. Elementals come from a different plane and can be forced into servitude. Mages don't ask Water Elementals for aid. Mages force the Elements into a particular form and commands them. As evident by the Twililght Hammer Cultists and the Kork'ron Dark Shaman, the Elements can be forced into servitude.

Warlocks were once Shaman or Mages, and it's a known fact that Warlocks have knowledge of conjuring and binding creatures from different planes. It's a known fact that Mages can conjure Elementals, and it's a known fact that the Elements can be forced into servitude.

So there you go peeps:

1) Warlocks are Necromancers
    2) Warlocks are immortal
    3) Warlocks can turn into Demons
    4) Warlocks have Demons and Elementals serving them
    5) Warlocks have all the spells a Mage has and more
    6) Warlocks who were once Shaman abandoned the Shamanic arts in order to gain more power = Warlocks are more powerful than Shaman
    7) Warlocks should get everything in-game
    8) Warlocks might get everything in-game once a game developer from Blizzard sees this post
    9) Profit?
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-03-13 at 02:11 AM.

Is this real life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Is this real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landddddslide....

No escape from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open your eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Look up to the skies
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    And see.....

because I'm easy come, easy go

little high little low

doesn't really matter to meeeee

Ignoring the silly crap people are posting, OP, you're totally misreading this whole thing. This isn't about warlocks; this is the birth of the original Death Knights.

Deleted
    Mama, just killed a man

put a gun against his head

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what I just read but my warlock Valorien says this.

"Pathetic Orcs no nothing of the power of warlocks!"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Pulled my trigger now he's dead

Mama, life had just begun

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Ignoring the silly crap people are posting, OP, you're totally misreading this whole thing. This isn't about warlocks; this is the birth of the original Death Knights.
    Noo, you're kidding me right? Don't answer, you are kidding me, Gul'dan, a Warlock, created the first generation Death Knights. Kil'jaeden, a Man'ari Eredar Warlock and Gul'dan's Warlock mentor, created the Lich King from Ner'zhul's spirit and taught Gul'dan's followers Necromancy.

I'm not totally misreading this "whole thing". The chapter isn't called "The birth of the original Death Knights".

This is about Warlocks because the original Death Knights were Warlocks, and they still wield their Warlock magics. And without Gul'dan, a Warlock, there wouldn't be the "original Death Knights" introduced to us in the novel.

PWNT

You just ruined a perfectly good song...................

That part of the novel demonstrates/proves that Warlocks are Necromancers, which is one of the main points of my post. I'm not delving into Death Knights more than I am Warlocks.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-03-12 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Noo, you're kidding me right? Gul'dan, a Warlock, created the first generation Death Knights. Kil'jaeden, a Man'ari Eredar Warlock and Gul'dan's Warlock mentor, created the Lich King from Ner'zhul's spirit and taught Gul'dan's followers Necromancy.

I'm not totally misreading this "whole thing". The chapter isn't called "The birth of the original Death Knights".

This is about Warlocks because the original Death Knights were Warlocks, and they still wield their Warlock magics. And without Gul'dan, a Warlock, there wouldn't be the "original Death Knights" introduced to us in the novel.

PWNT
    Not really but if you want to be arrogant about it all right. Kil'Jaeden had the powers of the Death Knights. He's the one who started it all. So there isn't any superiority here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi