Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Pillar humping is the reason i avoid arenas. RBGS show that you can have skillfull play without pillars.
    As someone who RBGd up to 2.4k (not hugely high) I'll have to disagree with this. There is nothing skillful about having 10 people turret damage into each other while stood at max range. There are skillful parts of RBGs (mostly the decision making), but it is not the team fights - and that is all Arena would be without pillars.

OT: No. Pillars add a massive skillcap to Arena and removing them would be the worst change to PvP ever made. Yes, sometimes pillars can be frustrating but, as people have already said, it's more of a mobility or skill issue than it is to do with the pillars.

Deleted
    RBGs have never been competitive since they're release, the ladder has never been legit and they are basically a PvE aoefest.

Pillars are an integral part of arena and one of the last skill based mechanics left in the game. Players who are good at the game should have no problem with line of sight play. Its been fine for 8 years, without Nagrand pillars WoW would have never been considered a competitive game. Or have had achieved the success it did on the MLG/IEM scene.

Unless they redesign the entire game, every ability, every mechanic, removing pillars would be dumb.

Standing still in the middle of the map doing PvE rotations sure does sound fun though...

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see pillars being much more problems without as much cc.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds more like an issue of healers and CC being too strong; not pillars or LOS being too powerful.

I never understood why they removed the arena with the pillars that went up and down. But as much as I hate them sometimes (mostly because of latency) I don't think they should be removed. That said I wouldn't think it would be too bad to add one without any pillars... just adds different strats.

15+ Year Old Account
    *noms popcorn*

Funny thread, would read again

It's just shy of "remove mouse movement controls, keyboard turning is much more skillful for all involved"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I really like Tiger's Peak so far. I think they took a step in the right direction with that map.

As annoying Pillars are, they are a crucial gameplay element. Without them Arena would be simply stupid. Stack as many casters as possible and profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people who want pillars removed from arena are the people who are terrible at arena and have zero clue about game balance. End of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Lets be honest here, pillars in arena are annoying, all it does is give healers a even bigger advantage and druids just run around them healing all day long which to be honest should be stopped.

Removing them would just prove who is more skilled imo.

Thoughts?
    No it doesn't. Removing pillars lets people play like mongoloids without any negative consequences. There's a reason ring of valor got removed, it heavily favored certain comps.

Deleted
    Removing pillars would do the opposite of show how skilled people are, running around in a big empty room is going to make healers and most casters unplayable. Interupted/CC'd as soon as you cast.

Without LOS you may as well just root all players in arena as running in circles won't serve much purpose.

Clearly arena matches should be just like 1800s boxing where two ppl stand toe to toe and just punch each other in the face until one falls down 3 hours later.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Clearly arena matches should be just like 1800s boxing where two ppl stand toe to toe and just punch each other in the face until one falls down 3 hours later.
    Exactly! People were so much more hardcore back then, nowadays the boxers would be hiding behind pillars and they would want the matches to end within 5-15 minutes at most, wimps!

(jk)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    No it doesn't. Removing pillars lets people play like mongoloids without any negative consequences. There's a reason ring of valor got removed, it heavily favored certain comps.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that arena got removed because you could stand on top of the pillars and not because a lack of pillars.