Poll: Legendary for alts

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendary cape for alts

Back in cata, we didn't had problems with alts, simple because legendarys wasn't required for every class, I could play a blood dk on cataclysm without worries about 3 month grind just to have it good enough for dragon soul(of course if you wanted a rogue, it was different). Nowadays you have to grind if you want to have a alt on heroic raiding...

So I think they should apply a small patch that lets you buy cloaks for your alts on the black prince quartermaster... You already proved yourself on your main... why have you do the same thing on 5 different alts?

What's your opinion guys?

inb4 op's english sucks
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2014-03-12 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Back in cata, we didn't had problems with alts, simple because legendarys wasn't required to every class, I could play a blood dk on cataclysm without worries about 3 month grind just to have it good enough for dragon soul(of course if you wanted a rogue, it was different). Nowadays you have to grind if you want to have a alt on heroic raiding...

So I think they should apply a small patch that lets you buy cloaks for your alts on the black prince quartermaster... You already proved yourself on your main... why have you do the same thing on 5 different alts?

I like the idea but, I doubt Blizzard would do something like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    Well, it is a pain in the arse grinding all the stuff again and again. (I have 5 lvl 90s)

It would be awesome if they did something along those lines, but it seems highly unlikely.

It isn't necessary.
    The players are the problem, if you are expected to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    I like the idea but, I doubt Blizzard would do something like this
    This, basically. I can't remember when, but they claimed that if they ever do something like that again they MAY streamline the process for alts once you achieve it on one toon.

But it does make it incredibly hard to play an alt, or even switch mains for the good of your guild if you haven't been working on the quest since the beginning.

Legendaries should never, ever be purchasable. Let's leave at least one part of the game that requires time and effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Ah mis-read but anyway yea it can work but it cant at the same time because someone would find a way to exploit it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The fact that you cannot get the cloaks on Alts is the reason I have no use for the 90 boost til WoD releases and the cloak becomes irrelevant

every 90 but my main is just used for professions/farming easy content because they do not have the cloak. I don't have it in me to do that legendary quest chain again after doing it twice (once on EU, once on US)

So yes I believe the vendor should sell them account wide to your other 90s if you have the achievement that floats you over the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It isn't necessary.
    The players are the problem, if you are expected to have it.
    I'm sorry, did I miss the memo that says heroic content (and i'm talking real content 10/14+) was possible without legendary cloaks? I'm sure you cleared heroic soo with 560ilvl and no cape right?

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of crazy realm do you live on where the legendary is required on your alt? This has never been required of me... And I could really give a shit about my alts unless my guild group HAS to have me play a certain class to succeed in which case their lazy asses are running me through the content to get it if it's so damn important.

...That would be unthinkable on my realm. Nothing would ever get done. I mean yeah occasionally we funnel a few mains to drag a group through flex or normal. But it's not particularly undoable if everyone lacks certain items.

I'm sorry, did I miss the memo that says heroic content (and i'm talking real content 10/14+) was possible without legendary cloaks? I'm sure you cleared heroic soo with 560ilvl and no cape right?
    I've run through heroic without it on an alt. So what?

And why do you need alts to run heroic so badly anyway? Unless you're farming the heirlooms in which case, phew good luck to ya, that's too much a week for me.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can do Ordos on a char without the cloak because your main has it then they might as well go a step further and let you purchase it from the vendor.

They could make it BoA and have it switch stats according to class/spec when you mail it to your alts.

It's not so much required as it is a social stigma thing, you're underperforming on the meters no matter what without those procs (dps) unless you're playing with bloody awful people, which usually is not the case while doing progression raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not do that, i may just move the alts to the last fase of the legendary cape quest

While I like the idea of getting it easier on alts, I don't think buying is the way to go. A shortened version of the questchain would be a better option in my opinion. Like lowering the amount of things you have to gather. 1k VP instead of 3k, 3 or 4 of each sigil instead of 10, 5 or 6 secrets instead of 20.

Just here to say that it still is not required unless you're doing heroics. Normal mode is tuned with regular cloaks in mind.

I think they should just eliminate the valor portion of the quest entirely, even for new characters, given how late it is in the expansion. I don't see it having any real merit at this point. It's just a time sink that seems unnecessary and clunky to me.

Deleted
    This late in the expansion, i really don't see how my alt getting a cape is a problem or unfair to anyone.
    I did the same amount of work on my main as anyone else did for their cape. The only thing that would be changing is that my alt would be able to get into HC raiding too.

I don't see how this hurts anyone, it's just a game after all that we all play for fun. and waiting another 3-4 months on an alt to be able to enter HC raiding is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it should be that easy for alts.

What I would like to see though is a faster avenue for legendary progression. Two things in particular I'd like to see (if an account has at least one character with a legendary cloak),

- Increase the drop rate for Sigils/Secrets/Runestones
    - Add a rep boost for Black Prince rep, similar to what they implemented for other factions in Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    It's not so much required as it is a social stigma thing, you're underperforming on the meters no matter what without those procs (dps) unless you're playing with bloody awful people, which usually is not the case while doing progression raiding
    it is. but at the same time this game IS gear dependent, and they made SoO with legendary cape in mind. they balanced classes with legendary in mind.... I have a priest disc, and i have to overgem spirit simple because i don't have the legendary gem... the legendary cape/gem is obligatory to everyone who wants to clear soo heroic before 6.0