Poll: Legendary for alts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    The drop rates are 100% fine for the sake of getting a legendary item. The drop rates are 100% not OK to farm an item that you are required to have to raid on any character.
    Which is why I hate this Legendary. I have to have it on all my alts now because it's essential, especially now that we have to recruit up to 20m and need to able to switch characters just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    No just speed it up for alts. Make it 1000 valor instead of 3000, and make the the collection items 100% drops from bosses. Would still take a few weeks, but not months.

I don't really know, it took me 2 weeks to get secrets and another two weeks to get runestones. I think RNG can make getting the legendary on an alt extremely fast. On the other hand I have seen people getting secrets for 2 months. I think to streamline alts just have the collection part have higher chances to drop once you've already gotten the legendary on another character. Make the 3000 vp 1000. The wisdom and strength sigils are fine as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No just speed it up for alts. Make it 1000 valor instead of 3000, and make the the collection items 100% drops from bosses. Would still take a few weeks, but not months.
    It's more reasonable, I agree with this, I did EVERY boss this week on all lfrs and I didn't complete the first part, I'm missing 2 sigils of wisdom

well considering WoD isn't gonna come out for a while now, what else do you have to do? I've gotten the cloak on 5 characters now and have 3 more on the titanstone stage, 3 on the secrets stage and one new toon on "The Lion Roar's". Take the time to slowly get it, I mean heaven forbid if all your characters aren't heroic gear leveled when WoD comes out. Gear is gonna jump anyways making it all useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sigh... yes, let's make them MORE prevalent. Everyone and their alts will have one. Might as well make Legendaries common place and have a new item quality (Mythic anyone?)

Personally, the cloak should have been limited to 1 per account, with a fee to transfer it to another character (gold sink, so like 10k each time).

This solves the problem of making sure only mains will use it, and re-rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Personally, the cloak should have been limited to 1 per account, with a fee to transfer it to another character (gold sink, so like 10k each time).

This solves the problem of making sure only mains will use it, and re-rolls.
    I absolutely agree with this. Either this, or stop balancing classes (especially healers) around legendary content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    Sigh... yes, let's make them MORE prevalent. Everyone and their alts will have one. Might as well make Legendaries common place and have a new item quality (Mythic anyone?)
    I seem to recall seeing a Mythic item in the database long, long ago. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mythic weapons start popping up in the future while we're all grinding away at our new (LFR obtainable) 'legendary' rings, or trinkets, or necks, or what-have-you.

Deleted
    I think Runes and Sigils drops are fine, but Runestones man. Those are awful.

Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    it is. but at the same time this game IS gear dependent, and they made SoO with legendary cape in mind. they balanced classes with legendary in mind.... I have a priest disc, and i have to overgem spirit simple because i don't have the legendary gem... the legendary cape/gem is obligatory to everyone who wants to clear soo heroic before 6.0
    You're doing something wrong if you are going oom as disc, even without meta. You should be gemming crit not spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    it is. but at the same time this game IS gear dependent, and they made SoO with legendary cape in mind. they balanced classes with legendary in mind.... I have a priest disc, and i have to overgem spirit simple because i don't have the legendary gem... the legendary cape/gem is obligatory to everyone who wants to clear soo heroic before 6.0
    This is only a ~half~ truth. SoO was designed with legendary cloaks in mind for WORLD FIRST kills, in primary ToT H gear with a ~few~ upgrades from heroic SoO, nowhere close to BiS.

SoO released mid September, and the eu first kill was on Oct 1st. They had 2-3 weeks of getting upgrades from SoO bosses, that's it.

The fact is, unless you are looking at downing SoO in world first conditions, the legendary quest items are FAR from required. THis can easily be compensated with just clearing the first 9-10 SoO H bosses without them, and at this point you could definetly clear SoO H 25 without any raid members with the legendary cloak.

Im not belittling any achievement by current progression guilds, but the real problem is that players just want the legendary before 6.0 without any care of what their guild is currently doing. By the looks of it your guild JUST started doing heroic SoO, hasn't full cleared it, so you are still in progression mode. That is nowhere close to being at a point where you can complain about alts having or not having legendary cloak. Guilds that started downing SoO H when it was released are sitting on 15+ heroic kills per boss in SoO.

Your complaint has nothing to do with it being difficult or too time consuming to get the legendary cloak. Its just that you are just now trying to catch up to people that had all 9 of their alts finished with the legendary cloak ~6 months ago.

When your guild has SoO H on farm, your guild will pump out more alt cloaks then you can imagine. You just have to get to the farm stage before you can complain about how well your alts are geared :P

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    this right here is the problem with a raid tier designed around people having one AT THE START.

The first people with cloaks got them the day SoO came out.
    HC is balanced around it, Normal is not.

Quote Originally Posted by yarmock View Post
    By making it so easily available (read: to anyone who can log into the game and queue LFR for 2 months) they have ruined at least this legendary and given people a sense that every single one of their toons should have it. Its bad enough that ANYONE can get this with little to no effort, now you want it just given to you for gold?
    The issue is when something has high accessibility, it starts to become pretty mandatory. Some classes and specs are balanced around the legendary items in mind as well. Blizzard made the Hunter only proc more powerful than other DPS cloak procs as a way to boost their underperforming damage without impacting PvP. A Hunter without the cloak proc is significantly weaker than one without. Or a Disc Priest or Mistweaver with the legendary meta.

It really hurts in alt play as there's so much power gated behind a grind that everyone is expected to do.

I don't think they should be BoA or bought, but I do think there should be a shortened questline for doing it on alts. That way you still have to queue and see the content and quest line but it's not "wait out 2 hour long queues for sigils, 3 weeks for valor, 2 to 3 for secrets, then a possible month of runestones" before your toon is remotely decent.

Instead, keep the rep requirement (so people still have to grind the rep out while waiting in queue) but make it 5 sigils of each, 1 week of valor, 10 secrets, and 6 runestones. Cuts the grind part in half without removing it. Instead of spending 2 to 3 on secrets, it will take you 1 to 2. Instead of a possible month on runestones, could be done in 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I've already grinded three legendary cloaks and do NOT want to grind a fourth... If this boosted toon wants to see the light of day in my character playing rotation then something like a boost through the legendaries needs to happen.

I know people say you don't need it on your alt but who wants to have shitty DPS/heals in comparison to others? I wouldn't.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    Legendary items has become a problem because of the fact that they are not optional, they are mandatory. So someone like me with 9 alts need to get a cloak on every one of them for them to be viable, which is not gonna happen. They are mandatory to the point where they outplay skill, a decent player with the same gear as a good player but with the legendary cloak and gem is gonna outdps the good player.

It is a step back in the ability to play your alts. I'd rather have a longer quest that was account wide, or the items beccoming account wide if you completed the quests twice.

Deleted
    Legendaries are engineered as a time sink for players, a glorified time sink with an exceptional reward at the end of it, be it through killing Illidan each week hoping for the drops or the months long cape grind, they're just designed to provide a distraction/ goal. Giving it out because you've "done it once" sort of kills the whole point of legendaries.

I agree, the cape matters too much really. If you have same gear as someone else, except you have a normal cape and he has legendary, he has a big advantage over you. Like I couldn't solo yogg+0 nor lk25hc on my monk until I got cape. My best was 17%(7%) on lk25hc, then after I got the cape I downed him easily. And that's the difference as a tank, it's probably a lot more for a DPS. If legendary items weren't so good, and more special, it would be a different story, like pre-MoP. Maybe not have it BoA, but make the quest way easier for alts, like now 20% drop chance for items, if you got 1 cloak, it should be boosted to 100%. Or kill bosses over and over again and chance to get loot.

I'd just be happy with the meta gem on all my casters. I've become too spoiled with the 10 second bloodlust on the casters that have it -.- (5 toons with cloaks now, wheeeee)

This is only a ~half~ truth. SoO was designed with legendary cloaks in mind for WORLD FIRST kills, in primary ToT H gear with a ~few~ upgrades from heroic SoO, nowhere close to BiS.

SoO released mid September, and the eu first kill was on Oct 1st. They had 2-3 weeks of getting upgrades from SoO bosses, that's it.

The fact is, unless you are looking at downing SoO in world first conditions, the legendary quest items are FAR from required. THis can easily be compensated with just clearing the first 9-10 SoO H bosses without them, and at this point you could definetly clear SoO H 25 without any raid members with the legendary cloak.

Im not belittling any achievement by current progression guilds, but the real problem is that players just want the legendary before 6.0 without any care of what their guild is currently doing. By the looks of it your guild JUST started doing heroic SoO, hasn't full cleared it, so you are still in progression mode. That is nowhere close to being at a point where you can complain about alts having or not having legendary cloak. Guilds that started downing SoO H when it was released are sitting on 15+ heroic kills per boss in SoO.

Your complaint has nothing to do with it being difficult or too time consuming to get the legendary cloak. Its just that you are just now trying to catch up to people that had all 9 of their alts finished with the legendary cloak ~6 months ago.

When your guild has SoO H on farm, your guild will pump out more alt cloaks then you can imagine. You just have to get to the farm stage before you can complain about how well your alts are geared :P
    you talk like everyone is playing for world first here, I raid 2 days a week. the game IS NOT balanced around world first. soo is designed with legendary cloak in mind, and you don't have proof of what you're saying.

please, show me people (and I say people, not 12hours/day raiding players) clearing soo without heroic gear/legendary cape
    protip: you can't.

now you come here and say legendary isn't required, of course it isn't, like garrosh doesn't require 570+ ilvl, but guess what? in normal conditions, and with normal raiding time you ain't downing him without it. This isn't even a problem since I have it on my main, but the discussion here is about grinding the same fucking bosses 5 times in a row just to have a decent alt, thing you didn't need back in the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    You're doing something wrong if you are going oom as disc, even without meta. You should be gemming crit not spirit.
    sorry i'm missing something? I simple don't have enough mana without the gem, I have to gem spirit instead of crit because disc is balanced with the meta gem in mind.. get that now? I would have 8-9k spirit with it, but since I don't, I need 11 to 12k spirit.
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2014-03-12 at 09:32 PM. Reason: missquoted