Poll: Legendary for alts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you answered your question... it is not required for every alt. You gotta farm it if you want to do heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I think you answered your question... it is not required for every alt. You gotta farm it if you want to do heroic raiding.
    Whats the point if it isn't heroic? normal modes isn't really worth my time, I prefer to go watch football over "raiding" normal modes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    Legendaries should never, ever be purchasable. Let's leave at least one part of the game that requires time and effort.
    You can get a Legendary for AFKing your way through LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The fuck no it shouldn't be free.

It's a legendary item,

LEGENDARY.

Sure, it it was epic then I wouldn't mind.

But that's like saying back in Wotlk if you got shadowmourne, all your toons should have shadowmourne.
    except progression raiding ICC wasn't designed around the three classes that could get a shadowmourne.

ALL classes weren't balanced around the meta gems and cloak procs in ICC progression raiding.

No other legendary was ever available for EVERY class at once

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    But that's like saying back in Wotlk if you got shadowmourne, all your toons should have shadowmourne.
    Except Shadowmourne wasn't given to everyone who took part and didn't have different versions of itself for different classes. If you've been raiding at all on a character during this expansion, it's going to have the Legendary cloak, even if you haven't stepped foot in normal modes.

The cloak doesn't require you to do any hard content at all, it just requires you to do a lot of content.

That's a really terrible comparison to make.

Anyone who says the cloak isn't required for heroic raiding is either not raiding heroics or in 25m where you could certainly have *a few* without the cloak and be fine. Or you have an entire raid that is 570+ and have that one or two people without the cloak and yeah you can probably be fine.

That aside the meta + cloak is at the very least 30-40k single target dps. The cloak proc alone on my warrior is often 10k dps, just the freaking proc. Not to mention all the stats, and warrior get I'm pretty sure the least amount of damage from the cloak compared to any other class. And that's 10k pure single target, don't even get started with multiple targets.

That's A LOT of damage to be made up, and the heroics are 100% balanced around your raid having cloaks. So yes unless you're being carried, you pretty much have to have the cloak on your raiders if you want to make it past the first 2-3 heroic bosses.

That being said, I don't think a purchasable option is the way to go. But what I do think for this legendary specifically is you should get a buff that gives you 100% drop rate on quest items, and the valor portion should be account wide once you earn it on one character. I've been trying to get secrets for 4 weeks on my alt, I've killed all 20 bosses every week. I've killed 6 of them this week and still have to get 2 more. That's RIDICULOUS, and takes so much time I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Anyone who says the cloak isn't required for heroic raiding is either not raiding heroics or in 25m where you could certainly have *a few* without the cloak and be fine. Or you have an entire raid that is 570+ and have that one or two people without the cloak and yeah you can probably be fine.
    And let's be honest here, the few people they're taking without cloaks are people they know very well and trust to be good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You know theres a reason why we call them alts and mains. Your alts dont need to be a clone of your main, all this obsession over alts is just taking the game in such a weird direction. Take the legendary on one character and be happy you even have it.
    That's ridiculous, tons of people can play their alts 99% as well as their mains and want to explore heroic content and gear on a different character occasionally. Or even just guild run alt raids, but you can't do a whole lot when no alt has the cloak. Sure you can clear out normal, but part of the fun for a lot of us is actually having somewhat challenging content and the rewards that come with it of course. As opposed to just facerolling the normal bosses.

I hope they never make a legendary like this again, because it is as close to being mandatory as you can get for any kind of heroic progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    You can get a Legendary for AFKing your way through LFR.
    Remember this guy next time someone complains about "but noobs will buy a 90 and screw up my LFR!"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Whats the point if it isn't heroic? normal modes isn't really worth my time, I prefer to go watch football over "raiding" normal modes
    Tough luck then.

No it shouldn't. Rerolling already is way too easy.
    If you want to play a char on a serious level, invest the necessary time to get it on that level.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-12 at 10:13 PM.

Just for the sake of argument. Look at this latest parse from Blood Legion on Iron Juggernaut which is a pure single target fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2519&e=2773

The cloak proc, JUST THE PROC, was 15-30k dps for all of their raiders. Or about 5-6% of their dps. JUST THE PROC.

Now when you factor meta and stats into that, I think it's safe to say you're missing 10% of your dps at the very least. And for raiders at that level with perfect rotations...the cloak would be a larger percent of probably 80% of most wow players as compared to what it is for them.

There's no way you can say that's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2014-03-12 at 10:20 PM.

This Legendary cannot be done like this again. It's mandatory, and a Legendary CANNOT be mandatory or it stops being rare and it stops being Legendary.

It's ridiculous. If they want it like this then they need something else which is NOT mandatory. But how can you do that if you have it so that it's easy enough to attain via LFR and for your alts to get it. You can't. This is why their design decision here makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the sake of argument. Look at this latest parse from Blood Legion on Iron Juggernaut which is a pure single target fight.

The cloak proc, JUST THE PROC, was 15-30k dps for all of their raiders. Or about 5-6% of their dps. JUST THE PROC.

Now when you factor meta and stats into that, I think it's safe to say you're missing 10% of your dps at the very least. And for raiders at that level with perfect rotations...the cloak would be a larger percent of probably 80% of most wow players as compared to what it is for them.

How did treason only do 130k and was active 95% of the time? How is he/she even in blood legion. That would be barely acceptable in normal if that. Maybe its a carry/ severely under geared alt. Not sure but odd.

As someone who exclusively enjoys PvE, I have stopped leveling Alts because they won't be heroic viable for 3 months at best because they can't get the cloak. Even if my guild spams all the gear in the world on me, I still need 1 week per 2 pieces of gear (=8 weeks) to upgrade it and the legendary cloak (=3 months). Sure, it's not required that every raid member has a legendary and upgraded gear, but it's sure helpful if most people do.

I liked the legendary quest line on my main. It was cool progressing on it over the expansion. Even on my first alt it was okay. Alts 3-4 I hated every minute of it. And Alts 5+ will probably reach 90 and never be played.

So, it needs to be complete able in ~6 weeks for Alts imo.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How did treason only do 130k and was active 95% of the time? How is he/she even in blood legion. That would be barely acceptable in normal if that. Maybe its a carry/ severely under geared alt. Not sure but odd.
    Guilds at that level sell loot/kills all the time. I'm sure it was a buyer, or a shitty alt. Who knows. Why does it matter? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds at that level sell loot/kills all the time. I'm sure it was a buyer, or a shitty alt. Who knows. Why does it matter? lol
    It doesn't , I was just confused at the time. Im looking at their ret, and seeing him at 580 ilev and me at 540, I feel pretty good about my 190-230k dps. Not heroic level i know, but it gets the job done for flex. Im debating whether i should try out some normals now that we know WoD is 6+ months away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Aye, but you gotta consider that the cloak is a huge boost for everyone, 20 item levels above heroic warforged SoO gear. I don't think Blizzard would ever let anyone get one through gold if they already earned that on their main; maybe after MoP is over, just because.

No. Because altoholic mentalities like this have sparked development decisions that have been running the game into the ground for the past 3 expansions.

Enjoy the fact that you can even acquire a legendary on your main, let alone your alt! That was completely unheard of in the past. You even get to play another class at max level and see raid content with it.

Your alt doesn't need to have access to every item that your main has just because you've obtained it once already.

And unless you're in a heroic raiding guild, the legendary cloaks are not "required". If you are in a heroic raiding guild, then you should have zero problems getting the cloak on your alt. For fuck's sake, they've already nerfed the chain more than once. How can you honestly say it's not enough?

They give everyone a fair chance at obtaining a legendary, and people bitch because it takes "too long" to get it on their alt. Never satisfied.

Thats completely irelivent though. You are talking about a guild that is literally rolling their face at this point to clear this content.

Iron Juggernaut only requires 200k dps per person to down assuming only 15 people are doing DPS, much more managable if you are running 17+ dps obviously.

People that believe that legendary cloak is required is just telling them-self a massive lie. Is your raiding group avging 560ish ilvl? Yes, legendary cloak is going to be close to, if not a requirement. But as soon as you start pushing 570+ as a guild, its just icing on the cake (this can easily be reached by killing the first 5-10 bosses in SoO-H for a few weeks without the need of legendary cloaks).

The legendary cloak at this point is just a scapegoat for guilds to not face the facts and get rid of bad raiders that are holding the progression back. If you can't clear SoO at this point after all the nurf's and ilvls pushing 575+.... it has nothing to do with the cloak. Find the players holding you back and replace them. Peroid.

Allot of you are making it out like the cloak gives you +200k dps. It doesn't. You are literally talking 5-10% (~maybe~ a tiny bit more if rng is in your favor).This small margin could just as easily be made up by getting another upgrade or 2 from SoO-H.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole quest line is too much of a grind. Now i have it on my main i just cant be bothered with it on alts.

If they implemented a cash sink to buy it on alts, i would.
    Hi