Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Need healing help and mastery v.s. crit

Ok so I've been doing what the forums at icy veins and few other places say im building my crit up but I look in wol and a few crit builds are doing high numbers but also seeing the mastery builds have high numbers so which is it ? im a 562 resto shaman im 14/14n. but my heals seem to be low I will link my armory thanks for any help.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...jy4/dashboard/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...p%C3%A1/simple

completely depends on your healing comp. if you're healing with a good disc priest and/or holy pally then your numbers won't be impressive. that being said, crit usually beats mastery because of the amount of mechanics that can 1 shot you, so you end up with more throughput from crit, and no one is ever really low enough for any significant amount of time for mastery to take over.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I heal with a 567 holy pally so from what you said should be gemming out of mastery as much I can down to 50% mark

There is no 50% breakpoint, Mastery is either good or it isn't as its effectiveness increases linearly with how much of it you have. I just stack crit all the way after picking up the HST breakpoint at ~9000 and it works just fine for me.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    well someone was telling to go for the 10636 haste cap or is that overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelei View Post
    it is not an overkill haste/crit combo is good and you should always shoot for the totem/healing rain breakpoint that is comfortably reachable with your gear.

I am currently running 15316 (50% with buff) to gain extra ticks on healing rain and its really powerful esp on fights where you stay close or stack

Quote Originally Posted by delk View Post
    There is no 50% breakpoint, Mastery is either good or it isn't as its effectiveness increases linearly with how much of it you have. I just stack crit all the way after picking up the HST breakpoint at ~9000 and it works just fine for me.
    Realistically there're no HST breakpoints due to latency.
    At 9000 you just have higher chance of getting the the 11'th tick, that is all. If you stay at 7613 you also have a chance of getting that tick, it's just lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelei View Post
    If you can manage your mana then it's great. Just don't sacrifice crit to get there. In other words, if the extra haste comes from less spirit/mastery then IMO the answer is absolutely yes.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    well after some reforging im sitting at

Intellect 25744

Spirit 14070

Mastery 61.21%

Spell Power 42432

Mana Regen 21881

Haste 28.22%

Crit 27.64%

14k spirit is a lot. If you aren't having any mana issues, dump some into crit or haste (if you haven't reached the breakpoint yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Quote Originally Posted by Woltereck View Post
    14k spirit is a lot. If you aren't having any mana issues, dump some into crit or haste (if you haven't reached the breakpoint yet).
    Indeed. Don't forget that Crit procs Resurgence, so it contributes to mana regen. 12k Spirit should be a comfortable spot...