Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I often impress women with my internet famousness.

I'm impressed that cerulean Belgian pastry is actually quite a clean result!

I wouldn't think I would be the first to disguise the name for that other terrible thing in such a manner.
    If you search for that other terrible thing it mostly shows literal interpretations or meme-images about peoples reactions.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when we were kids and my friend told me to go to this site by saying I'd find some secret maps to some MMO we were playing at the time.
    And this was during class when we were allowed to use the computer to find some info on something...

Speaker volume was up and suddenly I hear a loud "I'M LOOKING FOR GAYYYY POOOORNNNN!" while the site starts opening multiple goatse windows.

I was rather shocked but you should have seen the face of our middle-aged teacher, haha. I managed to convince the teacher it was my friends prank and he got some detention instead of me :P

But in all seriousness after lurking on the internet for so long most Google-searches wont really surprise me anymore... Though I did find that 1 man 1 jar thing kinda gruesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you search for that other terrible thing it mostly shows literal interpretations or meme-images about peoples reactions.
    that seems to be the case with all disgusting internet things. i remember when 2 girls got big. I looked for ages and all I could find was videos of grandma's reaction to it.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Well.

This thread is going places.

I must have a problem, because it takes A LOT to shock me, and nothing posted so far has made me uneasy. Maybe I am too old, or there is some other problem, but animal torture, and knee and eye surgeries are the only things that bother me.
    Soggy Muffin?

I seriously had to prevent the urge from barfing for a good half our when I found out what that 'game' was.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-03-12 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Google was good, now it's plain shit.
    Yes, I still want to use "-" sign to remove irrelevant words and "+" to force Google search for that word.
    No, I know how to spell that fucking word, I don't want to see pages with similar words. Do they really think we're all retards?

Deleted
    this is me. xD Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No. It's not. It actually severely hinders the ability for a person to engage in critical thinking and deduction. In essence, the ability to "google" or "wiki" anything in a moment's notice via mobile is one of the biggest educational hindrances in our society.
    Agree, when i was lecturing electrical engineering, one student couldn't formulate Ohm's and Kirchhoff's laws and expected me to admit to an examination because "i can google it when i need it", it's fucking disgrace. Every time on a meeting we ask young engineers to solve something, they can't do it without smartphone and/or google/wiki, basic shit like "what the fuck is wrong with your draft?" when there is not a single grower drawn, "do you expect this to not collapse when we apply vibration?".

I understand "smart" use of google, when doing paper, or research, but simply googling something, copy-pasting it, and forgetting ruins whole learning process

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I understand "smart" use of google, when doing paper, or research, but simply googling something, copy-pasting it, and forgetting ruins whole learning process
    I agree mostly. For small things, google is great. Shit, what's the formula for Fahrenheit to Celsius again? (Silly example because I use it all the time, but that use of "remembering" things via google is fine). The key, to me at least, is that I know the difference. I know what I have to look up to remind myself. I know why I have to convert the units. And that I'm using that reminder for some further purpose.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.