Thread: honor farm

honor farm

what is best / fastest way ? which bg?

Fastest is usually justice point farming and then converstion depending on if you are in a pre-made group. Doing randoms you can get some bad luck and lose a bunch of games for minimal honor gain.

definitly justice farm and then trade is fastest way + when you low geared and join bg you are just pushing down ur own team so prolly you will loose anyway. Newdays lots of good geared ppl farms justice so its ez to find pro group and just spam 5hc per hour

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't pve gear better than honour gear in pvp?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    in instanced pvp(bgs) no. open world/timeless isle, yes.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justice Points farming and conversion is definitely the fastest indeed if you have fast queues, and as a Horde player, losing on an Alterac Valley CTA weekend is about the same amount of honor per hour.

Fastest way is prob Justice, but if you are new to the class do bgs, it will teach you the fundamentals of your class by doing this.

Deleted
    Depending on your Faction / Server balance. Do Tol Barad ~480 HP + 300 HP once a week. Do Wintergrasp about the same HP. If you win WG do the instance located there for additional 100HP. ( Can't remember the name but 10 man is a walk in the park on a 90 ). While waiting for TB + WG spam HC Dungeons for JP to trade. The only ( minor ) advantage of doing BG's is the minimal amount of Conquest for a win. It does add up though, I usually end up with 1 piece of Prideful from Conquest gaining while gearing in BG's

Honor in BGs just got buffed and JP conversion was nerfed ages ago.

I think people farm JP more because they'd rather faceroll PVE than do PVP. Which kind of makes you wonder why they're bothering to get PVP gear at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Honor Farm

"All honor is equal, but some is more equal than others."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No. Right now, PvE gear is scaling down to... 524? ... in instanced PvP. Honor gear is 522 + lots of PvP power, and will be far superior
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

But don't forget that for the weapons you have to earn the honor points, converting justice doesn't count for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    But don't forget that for the weapons you have to earn the honor points, converting justice doesn't count for that.
    Wrong. JP conversion honor does indeed count toward the 7250 needed to unlock the weapons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    How much JP do you get from heroics? Given the 50% loss from converting to honor, I think they might be hard pushed to beat the following:

Isle of Thunder PvP dailies give 525 honor for about 8 minutes work on my main.

A Tol Barad victory gives about 500 honor for 15 minutes or less of doing nothing (if your faction dominates) plus 300 for the weekly quest.

A Wintergrasp victory gives about 400 honor for about 15 minutes work (if your faction dominates) plus about 225 for the weekly quests.

You can use the guild banner for an extra 15% on all of the above - it's may be harder to use so effectively with 5 mans and BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    How much JP do you get from heroics? Given the 50% loss from converting to honor, I think they might be hard pushed to beat the following:

Isle of Thunder PvP dailies give 525 honor for about 8 minutes work on my main.

A Tol Barad victory gives about 500 honor for 15 minutes or less of doing nothing (if your faction dominates) plus 300 for the weekly quest.

A Wintergrasp victory gives about 400 honor for about 15 minutes work (if your faction dominates) plus about 225 for the weekly quests.

You can use the guild banner for an extra 15% on all of the above - it's may be harder to use so effectively with 5 mans and BGs.
    100 JP per boss (not including guild perks and whatnot), so a 5 boss dungeon is one conversion to 250 honor. Each dungeon takes approx 5-10 mins. You also get more instead of Valor if you are Valor capped.

You can do all the dailies/rares/TB etc, and spam dungeons between for maximum honor.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-14 at 02:40 PM.

Depending on if you are doing an actual random or run with a friend or two, I can get almost 4k JP an hour (2k honor) which in most cases out classes any actually BG farming outside of a weekend.

Dailes you can only do once per, and with the rares you can get approx 2k or so in total, which isn't anything to sneeze at, just not the most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Dailes you can only do once per, and with the rares you can get approx 2k or so in total, which isn't anything to sneeze at, just not the most effective.
    But you can do it while queued for the other stuff - and if you catch all the rares up, it's veeery nice. I agree that the PvP dailies are not the most efficient, unless you happen to need Black Prince faction as well. Then it's a pretty ok deal

Also, this:
    JP conversion honor does indeed count toward the 7250 needed to unlock the weapons.
    Got my 522 weapons without setting foot in a single BG.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2014-03-18 at 11:53 AM.