10+ Year Old Account

New Rogue Healing soul -The Physician

Similar to the reveal about the new Warrior and Cleric souls coming in Rift 3.0 Expansion, MMORPG.com got the lowdown on the new Rogue ranged healing soul, the Physician

Like the last two reveals, all we get is a long, Lore based story with not a lot discussed on abilities and skills, still, it's a start

Physicians hail from an era beyond the gods where Clerics’ prayers lay fallow and Rogues heal armies of Ascended across the planes. Trained as alchemical archers, they use ranged abilities to heal and shield friends in need
    Full story at Source:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Physician.html

hmmmz still not rolling a Rogue. Does not have that appeal that Chloro had when I first saw it to make me want to roll to max level. It does give Rogues a whole new level of flexibility in raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    it sounds kind of interesting that you basically shoot arrows at friendlies to heal them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    it sounds kind of interesting that you basically shoot arrows at friendlies to heal them lol.
    That's what Bounty Hunter in SWtOR does. Well, shoots bullets, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Are we really going to go there? We really going to go "X did it first copylololool"?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Are we really going to go there? We really going to go "X did it first copylololool"?
    Did I say anything was copying anything? No. Just pointing out it's similar because I played a healing Bounty Hunter in SWtOR. It was successful there. It was pretty fun and interesting too, so hopefully this will be to. That was really my only point. Obviously though, I play Rift, not SWtOR, so I think Rift is a better game. Also, I do believe other games have copied a lot from Rift. Anyway, I have always felt that games either use ideas from other games or come up with similar ideas independently. I do not think this is a bad thing either. It makes transitioning from one game to another easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Actually the bounty hunter doesn't shoot healing bullets at all. But the game does feature non-force users healing folks with ranged abilities, some of which originate from multipurpose weapons, others of which originate from some tricorder thing that isn't documented or discussed.

Anyway, I clicked on this thread because it sounded great. I don't play Rift, but I have been looking into it, and this sounds pretty cool. All I can offer besides SWTOR pedantics.

I recall the Commandos using little medical droids to heal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Similar to the reveal about the new Warrior and Cleric souls coming in Rift 3.0 Expansion, MMORPG.com got the lowdown on the new Rogue ranged healing soul, the Physician
    Uh, the souls are coming in 2.7, not 3.0 >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I may have to dust off my rogue. Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Actually the bounty hunter doesn't shoot healing bullets at all. But the game does feature non-force users healing folks with ranged abilities, some of which originate from multipurpose weapons, others of which originate from some tricorder thing that isn't documented or discussed.

Anyway, I clicked on this thread because it sounded great. I don't play Rift, but I have been looking into it, and this sounds pretty cool. All I can offer besides SWTOR pedantics.
    Forgive me for not remember the name of the stances for bounty hunter, but I'm pretty sure when the healing one is activated you can auto attack a friendly with your weapon to heal them. Granted its not bullets rather lasers. Pretty darn close though.

I've seen one video of physician spec. It looks like a messy Marksmen rotation. The warrior healing build looks a lot smoother, but might be too simple, think paladin. I hope they add more visuals to look more medically, I guess? Besides the spell names, it doesn't look any different from MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I've seen one video of physician spec. It looks like a messy Marksmen rotation. The warrior healing build looks a lot smoother, but might be too simple, think paladin. I hope they add more visuals to look more medically, I guess? Besides the spell names, it doesn't look any different from MM.
    I agree, better visuals please.

Deleted
    Btw, anyone know how long left until new souls hit live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Btw, anyone know how long left until new souls hit live?
    May 7th, or atleast early May is when people seem to be expecting it

Here is a video that shows a preview of Rogue healing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9TIQo2MxMY

Of course the new healing soul for rogues isn't finalized so there could be some changes.

Warrior healing is better than Rogue healing in the way it plays at the time of the videos.

He also has made videos for the other 3 souls being released in 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    hmmmz still not rolling a Rogue. Does not have that appeal that Chloro had when I first saw it to make me want to roll to max level. It does give Rogues a whole new level of flexibility in raids.
    anddd scratch that. While waiting for 2.7 I am rolling an alt slowly

I loved tanking as rogue in Rift. To this day I believe it's the most fun way of tanking in any of the MMOs I've played. Now rogues also get to heal? That's just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Poganin View Post
    I loved tanking as rogue in Rift. To this day I believe it's the most fun way of tanking in any of the MMOs I've played. Now rogues also get to heal? That's just awesome
    Yes, rogues get to heal, so do warriors. Mages can tank too. All Callings can perform any role.

I don't see what the deal-killer is about the big STDH being a short cast time. Like sure, energy maintenance being an issue I can see (minus the "don't keep everything on all at once and all forever"), but… the cast time? Really? >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~