Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    I am Murloc! Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    5,155

    Lightbulb A Good Reason to NOT Ask for a Rushed Release

    Quality > Quantity. You are better off waiting another three months for WoD to be perfected before release rather than having it come out three months early and people complain about it not being perfect.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,489
    when has blizzard ever rushed the release of something?

    Don't they always release it when its done, not when the community wants it.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

  3. #3
    Banned Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    8,776
    The problem of wanting them to "rush" an expansion only occurs when they state that they want to get expansions out faster and that the current one is farther along than the last one

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    when has blizzard ever rushed the release of something?

    Don't they always release it when its done, not when the community wants it.
    Cataclysm. Various zones like Silithus were supposed to get updates but were cut due to time restraints.

  5. #5
    I don't think anybody wants them to rush things...but generally it isn't a good idea to give your players 12 months with no new content. And it's generally not a good idea to announce a feature (character models) years before you even start working on it and then hyping it as a "new" feature for a new expansion >.>

  6. #6
    "want" being the key word there, it doesn't always work that way. Also as for it taking longer I believe there's been about a year between every x-pac lately.

  7. #7
    Lets go over this.

    25% increase in team size, the fact that they said they were further along than mop at the time, and they hinted at around summer for release (everyone knew that wasn't happening).

    But there's no reason, unless something major happened in the alpha that would require recoding of areas/raids, that it should take longer than mop to release.

  8. #8
    This argument is original and exciting....

  9. #9
    You know what I love? The crew that was insisting WoD would be out in spring or at the latest summer hasn't changed. But now their song has changed from "It will be out soon" to "Blizzard should take their time, why the rush?"

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    3,356
    I don't want them to rush it at all. They're putting in a lot of changes and they need to get these things right before the release.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    when has blizzard ever rushed the release of something?

    Don't they always release it when its done, not when the community wants it.
    Diablo 3 lol.

  12. #12
    You'd think they have had adequate time, given how far they supposedly were in development. And how they said 12 months with no content like Wrath was unacceptable. And yet here we are. I'd be more ok with it if they gave an adequate explanation, but so far they haven't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Diablo 3 lol.
    They didn't rush D3, in fact they even delayed the game. Their design/intent was just way different from what the players wanted, hence people hating the game so much.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Quality > Quantity. You are better off waiting another three months for WoD to be perfected before release rather than having it come out three months early and people complain about it not being perfect.
    It took them 10 years to release D3 and look at that release......

    Releasing quality content quickly is more important now than ever as there are a ton of new companies out there to competing for former WoW players.

  14. #14
    Aaaand logical fallacy go. You're implying an expansion they started working on a year and a half ago absolutely needs to be worked on for another six months to avoid being "rushed." That's fairly depressing. God I hope you ask for a sandwich one day and have to wait three hours for it.
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    They didn't rush D3, in fact they even delayed the game. Their design/intent was just way different from what the players wanted, hence people hating the game so much.
    No matter what you say the reality is that they rushed the game. For weeks the game had random DC issues, log in problems and every kind of lag problem you can imagine. Inferno wasn't balanced at all because none of their testers had even managed to clear it, so how could it be when they had no real data? They first promised to have a PvP system in the game where you could queue up like in WoW in arena teams. This was later delayed to a "future patch" and then a year after release scrapped all together.

    But sure, lets blame the players for expecting a working game with its promised features implemented. Clearly Blizzard took their time and released a high quality game.

  16. #16
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,738
    That's a fair point, but I think people are fine with waiting. What people have a problem with I guess is paying a sub fee and having to wait for new content. Sure they can unsub, but what if everybody now goes "I'm just gonna unsub until the new expansion hits". Obviously not everybody will unsub, so they'll still have a fair amount of income, but you can't expect people to stay subbed when there's nothing new for them to do. Blizzard can't treat expansions like normal games, and I think they know that. They can postpone games, just as long as it'll be a great game when they finally release it. But with an expansion of their MMO, they have to make sure they don't let people wait too long.

  17. #17
    If expacs take this much time no matter how tiny their scope, why pretend otherwise? Why not have delayed ToT six weeks, and delayed SoO six weeks, and then you almost have done stuff right. Or just plan for a fourth tier.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Les Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Aaaand logical fallacy go. You're implying an expansion they started working on a year and a half ago absolutely needs to be worked on for another six months to avoid being "rushed." That's fairly depressing. God I hope you ask for a sandwich one day and have to wait three hours for it.
    ^^^^^
    There are plenty of things they have taken their sweet time on that turned out bugged or sub-par (Dragon Soul comes to mind).

    As for other non-Blizzard examples in the real world, look how long people waited for Duke Nukem Forever. Turned out great, right? Because hey; quality over quantity.

    They will take forever to release WoD, and it will be just as buggy at launch as if it hadn't even gone through beta, just like every other expansion.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,749
    Honestly, this may be just me, but the Beta frenzy usually holds me over nicely, even though I don't play it, knowing about stuff like media/videos/pictures etc, holds me over quite well. Along with other games ofcourse, (Playing Dark Souls 2 and only Raiding now for example). So I really don't care if they take til fall at this point, though its indeed dissapointing nonetheless.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    They didn't rush D3, in fact they even delayed the game. Their design/intent was just way different from what the players wanted, hence people hating the game so much.
    Are you freaking kidding me!? What you wrote is only the new players - Do you know how many rebalancing patches they put into effect WEEKS out after the game launched? All the old players/ect all were just getting pissed at how much kept changing/balancing and how unbalanced things were.

    That game literally wasn't completed until about 6+ months AFTER the release.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •