Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I love how the 'new' Warlords of Draenor frostwolves that you see being used so much are just the exact same RBG achievement war wolf from Cataclysm, but without armor. Same with the SoO achievement mount. Reusing a skeleton for animations is one thing, but they straight up just put different armor on the same wolf.

  2. #122
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    the hooves look hideous

  3. #123
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I love how the 'new' Warlords of Draenor frostwolves that you see being used so much are just the exact same RBG achievement war wolf from Cataclysm, but without armor. Same with the SoO achievement mount. Reusing a skeleton for animations is one thing, but they straight up just put different armor on the same wolf.
    Am I the only one that doesn't really have a problem with this?

    I mean, Wolves are a pretty iconic part of Orcs, right? We've always seen them with Orc mounts and stuff. How exactly do you make a Wolf completely different to an old model? You change the colours, the armor?

    What else is there to do?

    I guarantee if they changed the Wolves to something else, there would be an equal amount of unhappiness about it.

    Unless it's a totally NEW animal, there is nothing wrong with them using a skeleton/animation/model/whatever.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  4. #124
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,400
    do you even use the horse mounts OP?

  5. #125
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,330
    In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it also inflates the opening week numbers for hearthstone; making hearthstones first week look a lot bigger in terms of games played than it would without the mount offer.
    OR it could get a few people who didn't plan to try Hearthstone to play it, and some of them might like it. That sounds suspiciously like ... good marketing!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with.

    - - - Updated - - -



    OR it could get a few people who didn't plan to try Hearthstone to play it, and some of them might like it. That sounds suspiciously like ... good marketing!

    In this post: self-entitled fanboy judges others and blindly defends blizzard, without adding anything usefull to the thread, which he didnt even have to do, to begin with.

    See, how that works?

    Now on topic, yes the reused mounts are kinda boring, sure they make things flashy, but lets be honest adding a fire effect and a new skin doent make a mount interesting, to me at least. Imo they should implement worm mounts or ooz/blob mounts. Now those would be pure win.

  7. #127
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    In this post: self-entitled fanboy judges others and blindly defends blizzard, without adding anything usefull to the thread, which he didnt even have to do, to begin with.

    See, how that works?
    Yeah, I see how it works - you don't know what "self-entitled" means. Go look it up, come back and we'll talk like big boys.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  8. #128
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    In this post: self-entitled fanboy judges others and blindly defends blizzard, without adding anything usefull to the thread, which he didnt even have to do, to begin with.

    See, how that works?

    Now on topic, yes the reused mounts are kinda boring, sure they make things flashy, but lets be honest adding a fire effect and a new skin doent make a mount interesting, to me at least. Imo they should implement worm mounts or ooz/blob mounts. Now those would be pure win.
    They're self-entitled because they think they should receive whatever they want, whenever and however they want it. All for free. All "just because" they want it.

    "Something I'm getting for free that is totally optional should be exactly the way I want it and it's not so that sucks!" Is the very definition of being self-entitled.

    "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" is not exactly a definition of being self-entitled or, really, a fanboy.

    Now, if people were to say, "It's AMAZING it's the BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE everything they do is PERFECT". Then, yes, fanboy.

    Just because someone isn't agreeing with someone's complaints doesn't make them a fanboy. Much like someone who complains about something isn't automatically a whiner.

    However, whining about something optional and free... That's pretty whiny.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  9. #129
    You dont have a problem with the 20 flying snakes in MoP that are 99% alike, but u have a problem with a free mount that blizz give u for nothing? Rly?

  10. #130
    Is this guy talking about the Hearthsteed? This is literally looking a gift horse in the mouth. How pathetic. It's a a giveaway, for god's sake.

  11. #131
    A Wolf with wings would be more interesting? lol it's a free mount just to celebrate the Heartstone, so I won't blame them this time but, I agreed that we need new mounts with new skeletons, it's sad to see original stuff only in the Game Store..

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yeah, I see how it works - you don't know what "self-entitled" means. Go look it up, come back and we'll talk like big boys.
    And he does it again, two for two. Must be a proud moment for you, probably never scored so high, not even when you were in the special needs class. Even tho i never understood simple minds, but i guess if you are having fun, who am i to stand in your way, best play along or you could mood swing and bite.

    So "High five big boy!!"

  13. #133
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    And he does it again, two for two. Must be a proud moment for you, probably never scored so high, not even when you were in the special needs class. Even tho i never understood simple minds, but i guess if you are having fun, who am i to stand in your way, best play along or you could mood swing and bite.

    So "High five big boy!!"
    He's right, though - you don't seem to fully grasp what "self-entitled" means.

    I'd probably be more proud of calling someone out for not knowing what "self-entitled" means than I would be for complaining over something that's free.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  14. #134
    Epic! Blockygame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shrike Abyssal
    Posts
    1,570
    I want a Segway mount, imagine, a cow or a Gnome on a Segway.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

  15. #135
    Epic! Sainur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Khazad-dûm
    Posts
    1,679
    Careful there OP.

    It'll cost a whole raid tier for new skeletons/models.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ainur/advanced

  16. #136
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    I want a Segway mount, imagine, a cow or a Gnome on a Segway.
    I really want Mechanostriders as Horde. Just one rare one from weeks of dailies, or something. That would be really awesome - a Goblin cruising around on a Mechanostrider.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    They're self-entitled because they think they should receive whatever they want, whenever and however they want it. All for free. All "just because" they want it.

    "Something I'm getting for free that is totally optional should be exactly the way I want it and it's not so that sucks!" Is the very definition of being self-entitled.
    The original post was talking about how the model is reused and that he would like to see some sort of new models, while asking for other for their ideas on possible mounts. He is not qqing all out how the mount sucks and that he should be entitled to get pewpew mount of awesome, only saying the reused model of horse with wings is getting a bit old.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" is not exactly a definition of being self-entitled or, really, a fanboy.

    Now, if people were to say, "It's AMAZING it's the BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE everything they do is PERFECT". Then, yes, fanboy.

    Just because someone isn't agreeing with someone's complaints doesn't make them a fanboy. Much like someone who complains about something isn't automatically a whiner.

    However, whining about something optional and free... That's pretty whiny.
    You and me must not read the same posts or something. How did you get from "In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with." to "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" beats me.

    Also if he can assume the original poster is a kid, why cant i assume he is a fanboy?
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?

  18. #138
    You expected effort from Blizzard? I'm confused.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

  19. #139
    It's what they skin the model with that counts, no?

  20. #140
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    T
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?
    Not if you say "THE FREE THING YOU GAVE ME SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!"

    It's free. Take it or bloody leave it.

    We've been over how this horse doesn't reuse an old model. We've been over how many of people's favorite mounts from the BC days probably share wireframes, which is the word most people are thinking of when they say "reskin" or "same model" with OTHER generic mounts.

    I really don't see where this topic is headed. It's either treading in circles or people posting once in this thread to bitch and then never posting again.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •