Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Getting tired of this. This is the third or fourth horse mount with wings and they look almost the same all the time. I know most of the designers are working on WoD stuff but that really is no excuse for reusing that same model all the time. How about something different maybe? Give me a sprinting skill for 100% and let me drink some Red Bull to give ME wings but stop using horses and the like.

Do you guys have any mount ideas that you would like to see ingame?
    I feel sorry for people who are ignorant about modelling and animation, you complain and put your lack of knowledge on display.

The model you are whining about is 100% new, mesh and textures built from scratch.

It shares an animation rig with several other winged mounts, but why on earth wouldn't they reuse a perfectly good rig and animation set? To satisfy whiny nitpickers?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I actually like the mount but yeah, has the same animations that Invincible has and stuff :/
    Same mountspecial and stand/walk, unique running. The running is closer to what the Deatcharger mounts used to have before Cataclysm. It actually galopps, like a horse, whereas other horses in this game run nothing like horses.

Worthless info? You bet. :P

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    nigga it's a free bonus for playing hearthstone not the reward for killing sargeras.
    I might have put it a little more gently ... nah actually this is about right for the amount of stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I was waiting for this thread to pop up.
    It was inevitable. Some people can't live with themselves if they aren't bitching about something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    It's not free. Your 15 bucks a month is paying for it.
    Demand quality for your purchase.
    What 15 bucks? The WoW sub fee? You do realise you get the mount from winning 3 games in Hearthstone, which is free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not semantics. New model is new. The skeleton will always be the same because creating new skeletons isn't something you can just do quickly. Really the complaint is dumb. You don't have to like the mount but at least know your stuff first and you godwinned the thread(Thanks) to.
    still not getting my point by a mile. That's okay though you're just not on my level.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Aren't there only like..4 flying horses? Is this really something people are complaining about? Really?

And they look the same? *gasp* Of course they're -similar-, they are all horses. Just as drakes look similar. And protodrakes, and gryphons, and wyverns, and all of those other things. And I'm pretty sure they are all about as different as you can get while keeping them flying horses. Different models, skins, wings, colors, armors, theme, etc. Maybe you just don't remember what they look like?

As many have said, same skeleton, NOT model. The models aren't even similar(minus them being horses). Also, I'd like to see how you'd make a flying horse move different from other flying horses.
    Last edited by Renley; 2014-03-12 at 10:36 PM.

Ich...whenever I see Invincible, my heart hurts...y u no come to me T.T.

Also, I love the neck on the Hearthsteed, how it flows down in those lines where the others have armor on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    reading the ToS again is fun sometimes. That's the best part about the micro transactions in this sub game. Pay extra for virtual goods you don't own that you are already paying monthly to access.
    Ehm yes. And how exactly is that surprising by any means?

Also, that wasn't even my point. I replied to someone who said that the best looking mounts can be purchased on the store.
    I strongly disagree. No at single store mount comes close to how good the phoenix mounts look.

Also answering the question OP brought up, I'd love to see mounts of the more strange creatures. I've been wanting a crocolisk mount since...well since I first saw one back in BC. More birds. Come on, I'm sure we can get a kaliri SOMEWHERE....

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please stop with the tangential semantics debates and bickering?

Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait someone actually made this thread? Are you serious?

It's a brand new model.
    The skeleton is reused. This isn't a 'reskin' of any other pre-existing mount in the game.
    Holy shit you people need to get an education before you bitch about mount models.

Why would they spend time making a new skeleton for every single new mount that enters the game? Talk about an even bigger waste of development time. I mean people complain things don't get done fast enough and then complain about mounts all looking the same. Open your eyes before you complain next time.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

It's a free mount that takes all of ten minutes to get. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Mogu use a Draenei skeleton. Are you mad with that, too?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    still not getting my point by a mile. That's okay though you're just not on my level.
    Maybe you should say what you mean instead? Your original post could have been "asdflkj lkjrg aldskjelr; ij;ri teopjhaskl;dh ;dkljh;" if we were supposed to read your mind. All we have is communication. If you make up your own meanings for words, then we're clearly not on your level. This is not a bad thing.

OT: there is still plenty of variety. You don't like this "reused" model, that's fine. There are still many people that do. Until blizz forces us to use specific mounts, this isn't really a valid complaint...whatever your complaint actually is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every horse needs a new and unique skeleton.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see that many with wings and the models look different to me... I suppose if you don't have any eye for detail they're going to "look the same" because how else are winged horses going to look.

While I could agree that Hearthsteed and Celestial Steed share a very similar form and maybe the Hearthsteed is a reworked model of Celestial (or not), they're still different and to be honest if you have a basic horse model to make another horse off of with some changes it's a rather stupid waste of time to create a horse all over again from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Every horse needs a new and unique skeleton.

And it has to have rainbows on them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Wait, we can buy the Pandaren Phoenixes on the Blizzard store? Or Invincible? Thanks for the info!
    Armored Bloodwing, that Golden Dragon and even the Iron Skyreaver all look better than those. I wouldn't find such a bit issue if you could get a variation in game, such as a Bat, but they're nowhere to be seen.
    The best ingame mount is Mimiron's Head. /fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    Armored Bloodwing, that Golden Dragon and even the Iron Skyreaver all look better than those.
    Well, I disagree. Don't think they look even remotely as good as the phoenix mounts and/or Invincible.
    And apart from the fact that I think Mim's head is extremely ugly, it's also no store mount. So what you wrote in your first post isn't even true in regards to your opinion.