Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it's subjective.

I love the bat mount, but I think the Iron Skyreaver is ugly. The feydragon is amazing but I think the Winged Guardian and Heart of the Aspect are kinda meh. I actually kinda like the weirdo goofy goat mount that everyone else seems to hate along with the sparklepony, but not more than average. I like the CM Phoenixes quite a bit, and would probably choose them over every store mount except the bat and the feydragon.

It would be nice if they had in-game variations of the super unique ones like the bat and feydraon, but I don't feel like the store gets all the good mounts while the "free" ones suck. There are tons of mounts available to earn that I really really like, many of them moreso than the purchased ones.

But that's just me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I was waiting for this thread to pop up.
    Its just like Blizzard said. We could give everyone a magical unicorn for free, and people would still complain it isnt shiny enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    So until they're making flying ponies at the exclusion of other stuff, I don't particularly give a shit how many they add.
    But they DID make it at the exclusion of other stuff! We could have totally had a Hearthstone Proto-Drake, instead of an unoriginal Hearthsteed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm only annoyed by that because the rig still has the bones for the Draenei tail, which has the unfortunate side-effect of causing Lei Shen's casting animation to upskirt himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    But they DID make it at the exclusion of other stuff! We could have totally had a Hearthstone Proto-Drake, instead of an unoriginal Hearthsteed!
    OH MY GOD WHY ISN'T THERE A HEARTHSTONE PROTODRAKE

...world... askew...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, OP, you are misusing the word "Model". The Hearthsteed is a complete NEW model. It simple uses a similar SKELETON to a few other mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    nigga it's a free bonus for playing hearthstone not the reward for killing sargeras.
    Thanks for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for my Nyan Cat mount that shoots a rainbow out its ass.

Or Robot Unicorn Attack.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-03-12 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Re using skeletons, not models...Please learn the difference already people.

Need to quote this for more coverage. People do need to learn the difference.

However, I think re-skinning is fine (to a point), and it's the REMODEL that is incredibly lazy (in some cases). In this case it's a worthless mount you get for free for playing Hearthstone. That's hardly worth crying about re-skinning or re-modeling, or worth the time for Blizzard to build a unique mount from the ground up.

The lazy part (and possibly unethical) comes from pulling the simple Proto Drake out of the closet, remodeling it, then selling it on the store for real life money, or used as the most prestigious raid mount.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-03-12 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    I don't see anything wrong with reusing a skeleton, if it works why change it? They are all horses with wings, they don't need a unique skeleton for each one, basically don't fix what ain't broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like what I like and not what others like. This coming from someone with now 260 mounts. Add as many horse or proto drake mounts as they want.

I don't get how people also expect a flying mount to fly different or a horse to run different, so it's not the same on each mount. How many different ways do horses and birds fly in this world we know? Would be crazy to see a horse running on two legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that this thread is about reusing the same model over. but you also asked if we had any mount ideas. for 50 mounts we got an albino drake. its my least favorite drake but thats because the skin was on the wrong skeleton. for 150 mounts we should have gotten an albino cloud serpent. it would have looked something like this http://lexxy-kitty.deviantart.com/ar...ragon-50021708 the right skin on the right mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I like what I like and not what others like. This coming from someone with now 260 mounts. Add as many horse or proto drake mounts as they want.

I don't get how people also expect a flying mount to fly different or a horse to run different, so it's not the same on each mount. How many different ways do horses and birds fly in this world we know? Would be crazy to see a horse running on two legs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXeFmz9ujY lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Well, I disagree. Don't think they look even remotely as good as the phoenix mounts and/or Invincible.
    And apart from the fact that I think Mim's head is extremely ugly, it's also no store mount. So what you wrote in your first post isn't even true in regards to your opinion.
    Fair enough, but I think it's fine since Mim's Head was made at a time when there was no Sparkle Pony in existence. I do suppose they're subjective, but can we agree that the flying goat on the Blizzstore is an abomination and shouldn't exist in any space or time?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Proto-drakes, Firehawks, Skyscreamer and Dread raven. All share the same skeleton.
    Dreadraven is heavily modified though, it's hardly recognizable. I'll give a pass on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Dreadraven is heavily modified though, it's hardly recognizable. I'll give a pass on that.
    It's still a different model. Skeleton yes. Personally I haven't even used the Iron Horde mount yet. I just can't see my characters using it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    nigga it's a free bonus for playing hearthstone not the reward for killing sargeras.
    pretty much play a free game for free shit.....whats the problem?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    You don't like it.

Some people like it.

Live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nothing in this game is free or will ever belong to us

Monthly access fee required to connect to servers. And we own nothing we pay to access
    Actually, use of the mount itself is free. You pay the same subscription fee whether or not you have or use the mount.

More on topic: it's a FREE mount at the end of an expansion. If you don't like it, then don't collect it and don't use it. I'd prefer they spend their time on making new things for the expansion - new models, new environments, skills, etc - rather than waste their time making a new model on a new mount at the end of an expansion.

It's not only free, it's also fairly easy to obtain.

Apparently not wanting to whine about stuff like this makes me a fangirl/white knight. So whatever, if not being annoyed by insignificant things means I'm a white knight, show me to my horse and sword.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Same mountspecial and stand/walk, unique running. The running is closer to what the Deatcharger mounts used to have before Cataclysm. It actually galopps, like a horse, whereas other horses in this game run nothing like horses.

Worthless info? You bet. :P
    Okay, I just tried it but I'm fairly positive that the Hearthsteed has the same running animation than Sparkle Horse of Heaven.

I'm half-sleep tho, don't take anything I write seriously.

More useless info \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Okay, I just tried it but I'm fairly positive that the Hearthsteed has the same running animation than Sparkle Horse of Heaven.

I'm half-sleep tho, don't take anything I write seriously.

More useless info \o/
    Maybe that should be fully asleep and you should retreat to bed. And after having a little look, I think the skeletons are the same.