Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Okay, I just tried it but I'm fairly positive that the Hearthsteed has the same running animation than Sparkle Horse of Heaven.

I'm half-sleep tho, don't take anything I write seriously.

More useless info \o/

Go to sleep mon. In seriousness same skeleton=/ Same model.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Maybe that should be fully asleep and you should retreat to bed. And after having a little look, I think the skeletons are the same.
    ... I'll just go to sleep, mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Actually, use of the mount itself is free. You pay the same subscription fee whether or not you have or use the mount.

More on topic: it's a FREE mount at the end of an expansion. If you don't like it, then don't collect it and don't use it. I'd prefer they spend their time on making new things for the expansion - new models, new environments, skills, etc - rather than waste their time making a new model on a new mount at the end of an expansion.

It's not only free, it's also fairly easy to obtain.

Apparently not wanting to whine about stuff like this makes me a fangirl/white knight. So whatever, if not being annoyed by insignificant things means I'm a white knight, show me to my horse and sword.
    Well, in their defense, this model has been done for quite some time, I believe it was found almost a year ago, if not more...but maybe less. I know its been known about for a loooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Dreadraven is heavily modified though, it's hardly recognizable. I'll give a pass on that.

The Dread Raven uses the Pterodactyl (Skyscreamer) skeleton, which is a pretty heavily modified Proto-drake skeleton. So people saying "ITS SIMPLY THE PROTO DRAKE SKELETON BEING REUSED" are simplifying things too much to form an argument. The Firehawks and Proto Drakes share a skeleton, the Dread Raven and the Skyscreamer share a skeleton. All four of them have unique models. The Skyscreamer skeleton is heavily enough modified to count as its own skeleton here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    "Someone criticized a single facet of WoW?? OMFG HATER TROLL GET OUT! GET OUT NOW U WONT BE MISSED FGT ARGGHH IM TELLING BLIZZURD ON U"
    Both sides are over-reacting twats.
    Glowhorse is no dread raven but its a solid looking thing all the same, and "all the best mounts on the blizz store" Is the ARMORED SKYSCREAMER the best? the original sparkle-pony? the glow-lion? (a good mount imo) or maybe the giant bat..thing? please don't tell me you think the fae dragon is the very best
    Wrath baby and proud of it

If it was a store mount people would complain.
    Because it was free they simply complain about something else.
    Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Both sides are over-reacting twats.
    Glowhorse is no dread raven but its a solid looking thing all the same, and "all the best mounts on the blizz store" Is the ARMORED SKYSCREAMER the best? the original sparkle-pony? the glow-lion? (a good mount imo) or maybe the giant bat..thing? please don't tell me you think the fae dragon is the very best
    As a mainly Night Elf player, I'd prefer the Emerald Hippogryph over the Faerie Dragon all day any day. Sadly, I have no friends (QQ) and no one to RaF partner with, without that person wanting me to pay for it all, so I can't get it yet, because I'm broke as shit. But some day, I'll have it. This I swear.

But yeah, both sides are obnoxious and over-reacting. Though, as someone who has been a victim of being targeted by both sides (when I disagreed with something Blizzard did and when I agreed with it) I think I have to dislike the side that defend Blizzard a bit too much most. Given that they are the same people that will gladly act friendly and reasonable when I am agreeing with them and Blizzard, but when I disagree on a subject, I've seen them go absolutely apeshit on me. Feels like a form of backstabbing, to be frank.

Anyway, back on topic. For a mount at the end of the expansion, for practically free, it's more than solid. I see no reason to be unhappy with it. I can only hope the Stormcrow will be rewarded by the Heroes of the Storm equivalent of the Hearthsteed's requirements. In fact, I dare bet that it will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Proto-drakes, Firehawks, Skyscreamer and Dread raven. All share the same skeleton.
    Actually, not quite. I used to think the same thing but I did some reading up a while ago.

Proto-drakes and Firehawks share a skeleton, Skyscreamer and Dread Raven share a different one.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Hearthstone. Hearthsteed.

steed
    stēd/
    noun
    archaicliterary
    noun: steed; plural noun: steeds

a horse being ridden or available for riding.
    It would be a horse of some kind no matter what, by that name. What other Hearthstone play on words can you come up with that indicates a type of mount? (that's not an aggressive challenge, I'm curious, because I'd like to imagine what other forms a Hearthstone mount, with a name that brings the game's name to mind, might look like)

Horses are pretty darn tame. Pegasus (Pegasi?) are nifty. Unicorns are also nifty, and I'm sad we haven't got a classic form of Unicorn in game yet.

What brand new skeleton mount would you like to see available in game?

I want a Gron. Hearthgron just doesn't sound right, for this promotion, though.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    At least its free.
    This blew my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Unicorns are also nifty, and I'm sad we haven't got a classic form of Unicorn in game yet.
    Quel'dorei steed is pretty damn close.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Getting tired of this. This is the third or fourth horse mount with wings and they look almost the same all the time. I know most of the designers are working on WoD stuff but that really is no excuse for reusing that same model all the time. How about something different maybe? Give me a sprinting skill for 100% and let me drink some Red Bull to give ME wings but stop using horses and the like.

Do you guys have any mount ideas that you would like to see ingame?
    So i went on good old Google search and looked up horse... aside from them being different colors most if not ALL the horses look the same.

Want a unique mount? Make your own animal to ride that hasn't been used.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Horses are horses. Most real life horses are built on the same 'model' as it were: bigger, smaller, different colors but outside of variations which are genetically pretty small they're all recognizable as horses. I'm guessing that if they did redesign the horse model a lot of people would have a difficult time seeing it. I don't think stuff like this worth complaining about. There are lots of other things to complain about that have an effect on gameplay.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Getting tired of this. This is the third or fourth horse mount with wings and they look almost the same all the time. I know most of the designers are working on WoD stuff but that really is no excuse for reusing that same model all the time. How about something different maybe? Give me a sprinting skill for 100% and let me drink some Red Bull to give ME wings but stop using horses and the like.

Do you guys have any mount ideas that you would like to see ingame?
    Why do you care when you don't have the mount, and also having no other horse's that can fly? Or any horse that has anywhere near a similar model? Or when you apparently aren't even playing?

It's a Horse, Horses look like...Horses...

Looks fine to me, and doesn't look similar to any others, only thing I noticed was the wings are from the MoP DD mount, but meh, it's a free mount, who cares?

How many variations of horses with wings can be made? Seriously, none issue bait.

If it was some mythical made up creature, go nuts sure, but you can only be so creative with a Horse, giving a Horse wings in the first place is a pretty big step, nevermind it being glowing blue, like...no other Horse mount in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, people that think that mounts like these share the same model or that this is some "new laziness precedent" are the kind of people that post once in a thread to bitch and then never look at that thread again because they feel they've "made their point," as incorrect as it may be.

One of the most saddening things about the internet is that some people never get to know how wrong they are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It gets annoying watching the same armor skins reused to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same model would mean it looks the same. I think you mean same skeleton.
    Aye mate

There was no point in the mount in the first place, it just looks terrible and it's basically free of effort to get.

Let's face it, this was not a way to reward WoW players, it was a way to get WoW players into Hearthstone for potential profit, simple as that, a cheap trick.

Just don't talk as if you "deserve" a better looking mount for the 3 wins you did, what, would you think you deserve to get a mount to complete 3 LFRs as well? 3 LFRs would even be more effort. If you do I think you should get your priorities straightened out.

Problem with a lot of people is that they are handed something for free and they actually bother with arguing that they should've gotten more.

If Blizzard made a unique model and animation for every mount, the game would take up more space than most would be happy about. The minimum system requirements would be higher as a consequence of adding all of those unique assets. I'd rather have my system load unique assets for gear and creatures in the world. Mounts are not that important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    it was a way to get WoW players into Hearthstone for potential profit, simple as that, a cheap trick.
    it also inflates the opening week numbers for hearthstone; making hearthstones first week look a lot bigger in terms of games played than it would without the mount offer.
    Hi