Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it also inflates the opening week numbers for hearthstone; making hearthstones first week look a lot bigger in terms of games played than it would without the mount offer.
    OR it could get a few people who didn't plan to try Hearthstone to play it, and some of them might like it. That sounds suspiciously like ... good marketing!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

OR it could get a few people who didn't plan to try Hearthstone to play it, and some of them might like it. That sounds suspiciously like ... good marketing!

In this post: self-entitled fanboy judges others and blindly defends blizzard, without adding anything usefull to the thread, which he didnt even have to do, to begin with.

See, how that works?

Now on topic, yes the reused mounts are kinda boring, sure they make things flashy, but lets be honest adding a fire effect and a new skin doent make a mount interesting, to me at least. Imo they should implement worm mounts or ooz/blob mounts. Now those would be pure win.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    In this post: self-entitled fanboy judges others and blindly defends blizzard, without adding anything usefull to the thread, which he didnt even have to do, to begin with.

See, how that works?
    Yeah, I see how it works - you don't know what "self-entitled" means. Go look it up, come back and we'll talk like big boys.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

See, how that works?

Now on topic, yes the reused mounts are kinda boring, sure they make things flashy, but lets be honest adding a fire effect and a new skin doent make a mount interesting, to me at least. Imo they should implement worm mounts or ooz/blob mounts. Now those would be pure win.
    They're self-entitled because they think they should receive whatever they want, whenever and however they want it. All for free. All "just because" they want it.

"Something I'm getting for free that is totally optional should be exactly the way I want it and it's not so that sucks!" Is the very definition of being self-entitled.

"It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" is not exactly a definition of being self-entitled or, really, a fanboy.

Now, if people were to say, "It's AMAZING it's the BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE everything they do is PERFECT". Then, yes, fanboy.

Just because someone isn't agreeing with someone's complaints doesn't make them a fanboy. Much like someone who complains about something isn't automatically a whiner.

However, whining about something optional and free... That's pretty whiny.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    You dont have a problem with the 20 flying snakes in MoP that are 99% alike, but u have a problem with a free mount that blizz give u for nothing? Rly?

Is this guy talking about the Hearthsteed? This is literally looking a gift horse in the mouth. How pathetic. It's a a giveaway, for god's sake.

A Wolf with wings would be more interesting? lol it's a free mount just to celebrate the Heartstone, so I won't blame them this time but, I agreed that we need new mounts with new skeletons, it's sad to see original stuff only in the Game Store..

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yeah, I see how it works - you don't know what "self-entitled" means. Go look it up, come back and we'll talk like big boys.
    And he does it again, two for two. Must be a proud moment for you, probably never scored so high, not even when you were in the special needs class. Even tho i never understood simple minds, but i guess if you are having fun, who am i to stand in your way, best play along or you could mood swing and bite.

So "High five big boy!!"

And he does it again, two for two. Must be a proud moment for you, probably never scored so high, not even when you were in the special needs class. Even tho i never understood simple minds, but i guess if you are having fun, who am i to stand in your way, best play along or you could mood swing and bite.

So "High five big boy!!"
    He's right, though - you don't seem to fully grasp what "self-entitled" means.

I'd probably be more proud of calling someone out for not knowing what "self-entitled" means than I would be for complaining over something that's free.
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a Segway mount, imagine, a cow or a Gnome on a Segway.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful there OP.

It'll cost a whole raid tier for new skeletons/models.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    I want a Segway mount, imagine, a cow or a Gnome on a Segway.
    I really want Mechanostriders as Horde. Just one rare one from weeks of dailies, or something. That would be really awesome - a Goblin cruising around on a Mechanostrider.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    They're self-entitled because they think they should receive whatever they want, whenever and however they want it. All for free. All "just because" they want it.

"Something I'm getting for free that is totally optional should be exactly the way I want it and it's not so that sucks!" Is the very definition of being self-entitled.
    The original post was talking about how the model is reused and that he would like to see some sort of new models, while asking for other for their ideas on possible mounts. He is not qqing all out how the mount sucks and that he should be entitled to get pewpew mount of awesome, only saying the reused model of horse with wings is getting a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" is not exactly a definition of being self-entitled or, really, a fanboy.

Now, if people were to say, "It's AMAZING it's the BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE everything they do is PERFECT". Then, yes, fanboy.

Just because someone isn't agreeing with someone's complaints doesn't make them a fanboy. Much like someone who complains about something isn't automatically a whiner.

However, whining about something optional and free... That's pretty whiny.
    You and me must not read the same posts or something. How did you get from "In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with." to "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" beats me.

Also if he can assume the original poster is a kid, why cant i assume he is a fanboy?
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?

You expected effort from Blizzard? I'm confused.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Deleted
    It's what they skin the model with that counts, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    T
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?
    Not if you say "THE FREE THING YOU GAVE ME SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!"

It's free. Take it or bloody leave it.

We've been over how this horse doesn't reuse an old model. We've been over how many of people's favorite mounts from the BC days probably share wireframes, which is the word most people are thinking of when they say "reskin" or "same model" with OTHER generic mounts.

I really don't see where this topic is headed. It's either treading in circles or people posting once in this thread to bitch and then never posting again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Reusing Skeletons=/ REusing models.
    This,

there isn't much point in re doing the Skeletons as they would look barely different maybe different animations or something, as long as they don't do re colors and consider a "new mount" I'm fine with re using Skeletons.

I'm sure we'll see a few new ones come WoD anyway

Deleted
    So many people not realizing the difference between models and skeletons. Mind-blowing.

What I like: the wings dissapear when you run on land. It is quite unique in look and feel.

Certainly one of the better models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    So many people not realizing the difference between models and skeletons. Mind-blowing.
    As I said earlier...

One of the most saddening things about the internet is that some people never get to know how wrong they are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.