Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Reusing Skeletons=/ REusing models.
    This,

there isn't much point in re doing the Skeletons as they would look barely different maybe different animations or something, as long as they don't do re colors and consider a "new mount" I'm fine with re using Skeletons.

I'm sure we'll see a few new ones come WoD anyway

So many people not realizing the difference between models and skeletons. Mind-blowing.

What I like: the wings dissapear when you run on land. It is quite unique in look and feel.

Certainly one of the better models.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    So many people not realizing the difference between models and skeletons. Mind-blowing.
    As I said earlier...

One of the most saddening things about the internet is that some people never get to know how wrong they are.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    What I like: the wings dissapear when you run on land. It is quite unique in look and feel.

Certainly one of the better models.
    IT'S NOT UNIQUE, THE QUILLEN MOUNT FROM COLLECTOR'S EDITION ALREADY HAS THIS, IT'S A DOUBLE RESKIN!

No, honestly, people here were calling pandaren female a dwarf female reskin. Literally what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    IT'S NOT UNIQUE, THE QUILLEN MOUNT FROM COLLECTOR'S EDITION ALREADY HAS THIS, IT'S A DOUBLE RESKIN!
    And it's blue and it glows, like the nether drakes!

TRIPLE RESKIN!
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    This,

there isn't much point in re doing the Skeletons as they would look barely different maybe different animations or something, as long as they don't do re colors and consider a "new mount" I'm fine with re using Skeletons.

I'm sure we'll see a few new ones come WoD anyway

Making five different skeletons for five different horse mounts just because the forums don't know how much work just a remodel is, is quite literally a huge waste. All five are horses; all five of them are expected to move like horses. No need to have more than 1 horse skeleton. What could be nice, though, is additional animations now and then. Like if they were to make the spider mount that so many people want. The old spider skeleton works, but it has no really outstanding animations. Like with other mounts, they can add extra idle animations, extra walk cycles and a /mountspecial. But making shiny new skeletons for every mount of the same animal? That's just silly.

And secondly, I'll repeat myself: The Skyscreamer (Pterodactyl) skeleton is modified enough from the Proto-drake skeleton in animations and posture that it can be counted as its own skeleton. For that reason, we don't have four mounts sharing the same skeleton. But we have four mounts sharing two skeletons. The Dread Raven using the Pterodactyl one, and the Firehawk using the Proto-drake one.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-03-13 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Horses are actually a slightly different Model a lot of times and completely different Skins. There are Hunderds of Mounts with unique Models in WoW so I believe reused Mounts is not a good complaint point in the context of WoW having the most varied Mounts in the Game Cosmos (If someone knows a MMO with more varied Mounts than WoW, please do correct me)

What II overused, however, are Oozes. They are everywhere, I started with Cataclysm and there were several Dungeons and Raid Bosses with Oozes (Dragon Soul alone had 3 out of 8 Boss Fights with Oozes), and Mists of Pandaria also has had Oozes in a Dungeon, as well as in every Raid Tier. The Oozes do have a new Textures each time so the developers are investing some work into it at least, but enough is enough.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Lecture me on your vast knowledge of skeletal meshes. I'm very curious of what you know. As I picture it, skeletal meshes are like the cake and models are like the icing. What's so different about them to be upset about? They both take up space and are assets used in animation.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    This will only end in the whiteknights ripping you to pieces on how this new mount is better than sliced bread. But i agree 100% with you

Oh and i would like to see a mount like those mopeds they use in Europe
    You are so wrong with this comment.

The whiteknights are all over you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    The original post was talking about how the model is reused and that he would like to see some sort of new models, while asking for other for their ideas on possible mounts. He is not qqing all out how the mount sucks and that he should be entitled to get pewpew mount of awesome, only saying the reused model of horse with wings is getting a bit old.

You and me must not read the same posts or something. How did you get from "In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with." to "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" beats me.

Also if he can assume the original poster is a kid, why cant i assume he is a fanboy?
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?
    I'm done replying to you about this, I just can't explain the same thing over and over again anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post

No, honestly, people here were calling pandaren female a dwarf female reskin. Literally what the fuck.
    Hahaha. I missed that, sounds hilarious. Sadly doesn't really surprise me, though.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Pandaren Balloons

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    What 15 bucks? The WoW sub fee? You do realise you get the mount from winning 3 games in Hearthstone, which is free.
    Yea, the sub fee. Good luck using the mount if you're not subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe this is buying you exactly the quality that 15 dollars a month are worth? I mean..it is 2 Big mac meals. The admission to 1.5 films that might be shitty and hell if a cinema ever gave a refund. It is a crate of beer..or 5 beers at a pub.

I honestly think you ladies blow the amount of thingies you think you are entitled to for 15 dollars a month out of proportion, but I guess that is your right as a customer and I am a sheep and fanboi that will blindly eat up any shit that Blizzard throws at me. Asking for seconds

Yummy.
    Asymmetric comparison. Try comparing it to other video games.
    15bucks for a month's worth of entertainment: great deal. I can see the value in paying and playing.
    15bucks a month just to log in(plus other required fees) for the amount/quality of content WoW put out, VS the price of other video games? that's far less of a good deal to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Need to quote this for more coverage. People do need to learn the difference.

However, I think re-skinning is fine (to a point), and it's the REMODEL that is incredibly lazy (in some cases). In this case it's a worthless mount you get for free for playing Hearthstone. That's hardly worth crying about re-skinning or re-modeling, or worth the time for Blizzard to build a unique mount from the ground up.

The lazy part (and possibly unethical) comes from pulling the simple Proto Drake out of the closet, remodeling it, then selling it on the store for real life money, or used as the most prestigious raid mount.
    Indeed, Blizzard should of course reuse assets where ever possible for efficiency's sake, but not too much else it's just lazy.
    Get your terminology right people, complain about re-used skeletons/animations instead of models.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Lecture me on your vast knowledge of skeletal meshes. I'm very curious of what you know. As I picture it, skeletal meshes are like the cake and models are like the icing. What's so different about them to be upset about? They both take up space and are assets used in animation.
    It'd be more like Skeletons are the ingredients to the cake. You could use the same ingredients to make 5 cakes, but each one can be baked in a different shape or size of pan and then coated with a different frosting. Same skeletons (ingredients), different models (shapes and sizes), different skins (colors and toppings)

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    They could of done no mount at all. They could of just said fuck it. The Skeleton is reused the most.

Take Algalon from Ulduar? His model is completely new. His skeleton? It's the Dagger animations of a Vrkyul. Vrykul skeleton and this was Wrath. You wanna bitch about rehashing? Learn what it actually is and not what you confuse people with it. It really vexes me that people call it lazyness.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-03-16 at 12:19 AM.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Ha ha actually just posted this in the other mount topic...didn't see this one...

Yeah I want a Rickshaw

While I am not really that bothered with the topic, even though I tend to be quite pissy about achievement rewards\etc that are lazy'ish works, this one is indeed an easy one to get - however I'll admit that as soon as I tried it out, the second I logged in after receiving it and noticed it shared the animations of the Celestial Steed, I automatically went "Oh, nice.." and naturally went back to my old mount.

In short, disappointing, but that's getting a regular state whenever WoW is involved (); But it is a mount given to us on a plate, so oh well. It'll do.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 2165-6782-6559; IGN: Darkeon
    Friend Safari: Poison; Seviper, Garbodor, toxicroak.
    Feel free to add me - Do send me a PM if so.

They should go less mounts, but more unique

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nothing in this game is free or will ever belong to us

Monthly access fee required to connect to servers. And we own nothing we pay to access
    no its not.
    this mount is 100% free:you get the mount in HS wich is F2P and you need lvl 20 to use the mount,thus if you use the wow trial account you dont have to pay a dime for both.
    Last edited by lisavan; 2014-03-16 at 01:18 AM.
    You know me... but I do not know you. You would speak against me... make the others see me as you do... you would have them distrust their comrade of old... their brother... You will not be allowed to spread any of your malicious falsehoods...

A lot (read, all but a small handful) of BC's models were reused skeletons from Vanilla.

Did I just blow y'all hater's minds?

The only new skeletons for models were the elekks, engineering copters, and nether rays. All the others came from Vanilla. That's THREE new skeletons.

Let's compare that to other expansions:

WotLK:
    Mammoths
    Proto-drakes
    Motorcycles
    Flying Carpet
    = Four Skeletons

Cataclysm:
    Goblin go-kart
    Camel
    Sea Horse
    = 3 skeletons

MoP:
    Water Strider
    Cloud Serpent
    Yak
    Quilen
    Kite
    Flying Cloud
    =six skeletons

Mists of Pandaria has had the most unique skeletons for mounts by far.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-16 at 01:25 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.