Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    What I like: the wings dissapear when you run on land. It is quite unique in look and feel.

Certainly one of the better models.
    IT'S NOT UNIQUE, THE QUILLEN MOUNT FROM COLLECTOR'S EDITION ALREADY HAS THIS, IT'S A DOUBLE RESKIN!

No, honestly, people here were calling pandaren female a dwarf female reskin. Literally what the fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    IT'S NOT UNIQUE, THE QUILLEN MOUNT FROM COLLECTOR'S EDITION ALREADY HAS THIS, IT'S A DOUBLE RESKIN!
    And it's blue and it glows, like the nether drakes!

TRIPLE RESKIN!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    This,

there isn't much point in re doing the Skeletons as they would look barely different maybe different animations or something, as long as they don't do re colors and consider a "new mount" I'm fine with re using Skeletons.

I'm sure we'll see a few new ones come WoD anyway

Making five different skeletons for five different horse mounts just because the forums don't know how much work just a remodel is, is quite literally a huge waste. All five are horses; all five of them are expected to move like horses. No need to have more than 1 horse skeleton. What could be nice, though, is additional animations now and then. Like if they were to make the spider mount that so many people want. The old spider skeleton works, but it has no really outstanding animations. Like with other mounts, they can add extra idle animations, extra walk cycles and a /mountspecial. But making shiny new skeletons for every mount of the same animal? That's just silly.

And secondly, I'll repeat myself: The Skyscreamer (Pterodactyl) skeleton is modified enough from the Proto-drake skeleton in animations and posture that it can be counted as its own skeleton. For that reason, we don't have four mounts sharing the same skeleton. But we have four mounts sharing two skeletons. The Dread Raven using the Pterodactyl one, and the Firehawk using the Proto-drake one.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-03-13 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    So many people not realizing the difference between models and skeletons. Mind-blowing.
    Lecture me on your vast knowledge of skeletal meshes. I'm very curious of what you know. As I picture it, skeletal meshes are like the cake and models are like the icing. What's so different about them to be upset about? They both take up space and are assets used in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    This will only end in the whiteknights ripping you to pieces on how this new mount is better than sliced bread. But i agree 100% with you

Oh and i would like to see a mount like those mopeds they use in Europe
    You are so wrong with this comment.

The whiteknights are all over you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    The original post was talking about how the model is reused and that he would like to see some sort of new models, while asking for other for their ideas on possible mounts. He is not qqing all out how the mount sucks and that he should be entitled to get pewpew mount of awesome, only saying the reused model of horse with wings is getting a bit old.

You and me must not read the same posts or something. How did you get from "In this thread: self-entitled kid complaining about a free bonus mount that devs didn't even have to create to begin with." to "It's not a big deal, don't use it or get it if you don't want it, it's not worth complaining over" beats me.

Also if he can assume the original poster is a kid, why cant i assume he is a fanboy?
    Just because something is free, people can not have negative opinion on it?
    I'm done replying to you about this, I just can't explain the same thing over and over again anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post

No, honestly, people here were calling pandaren female a dwarf female reskin. Literally what the fuck.
    Hahaha. I missed that, sounds hilarious. Sadly doesn't really surprise me, though.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    Pandaren Balloons

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    What 15 bucks? The WoW sub fee? You do realise you get the mount from winning 3 games in Hearthstone, which is free.
    Yea, the sub fee. Good luck using the mount if you're not subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe this is buying you exactly the quality that 15 dollars a month are worth? I mean..it is 2 Big mac meals. The admission to 1.5 films that might be shitty and hell if a cinema ever gave a refund. It is a crate of beer..or 5 beers at a pub.

I honestly think you ladies blow the amount of thingies you think you are entitled to for 15 dollars a month out of proportion, but I guess that is your right as a customer and I am a sheep and fanboi that will blindly eat up any shit that Blizzard throws at me. Asking for seconds

Yummy.
    Asymmetric comparison. Try comparing it to other video games.
    15bucks for a month's worth of entertainment: great deal. I can see the value in paying and playing.
    15bucks a month just to log in(plus other required fees) for the amount/quality of content WoW put out, VS the price of other video games? that's far less of a good deal to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Need to quote this for more coverage. People do need to learn the difference.

However, I think re-skinning is fine (to a point), and it's the REMODEL that is incredibly lazy (in some cases). In this case it's a worthless mount you get for free for playing Hearthstone. That's hardly worth crying about re-skinning or re-modeling, or worth the time for Blizzard to build a unique mount from the ground up.

The lazy part (and possibly unethical) comes from pulling the simple Proto Drake out of the closet, remodeling it, then selling it on the store for real life money, or used as the most prestigious raid mount.
    Indeed, Blizzard should of course reuse assets where ever possible for efficiency's sake, but not too much else it's just lazy.
    Get your terminology right people, complain about re-used skeletons/animations instead of models.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Lecture me on your vast knowledge of skeletal meshes. I'm very curious of what you know. As I picture it, skeletal meshes are like the cake and models are like the icing. What's so different about them to be upset about? They both take up space and are assets used in animation.
    It'd be more like Skeletons are the ingredients to the cake. You could use the same ingredients to make 5 cakes, but each one can be baked in a different shape or size of pan and then coated with a different frosting. Same skeletons (ingredients), different models (shapes and sizes), different skins (colors and toppings)
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

10+ Year Old Account
    They could of done no mount at all. They could of just said fuck it. The Skeleton is reused the most.

Take Algalon from Ulduar? His model is completely new. His skeleton? It's the Dagger animations of a Vrkyul. Vrykul skeleton and this was Wrath. You wanna bitch about rehashing? Learn what it actually is and not what you confuse people with it. It really vexes me that people call it lazyness.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-03-16 at 12:19 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ha ha actually just posted this in the other mount topic...didn't see this one...

Yeah I want a Rickshaw

While I am not really that bothered with the topic, even though I tend to be quite pissy about achievement rewards\etc that are lazy'ish works, this one is indeed an easy one to get - however I'll admit that as soon as I tried it out, the second I logged in after receiving it and noticed it shared the animations of the Celestial Steed, I automatically went "Oh, nice.." and naturally went back to my old mount.

In short, disappointing, but that's getting a regular state whenever WoW is involved (); But it is a mount given to us on a plate, so oh well. It'll do.

They should go less mounts, but more unique

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nothing in this game is free or will ever belong to us

Monthly access fee required to connect to servers. And we own nothing we pay to access
    no its not.
    this mount is 100% free:you get the mount in HS wich is F2P and you need lvl 20 to use the mount,thus if you use the wow trial account you dont have to pay a dime for both.
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2014-03-16 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot (read, all but a small handful) of BC's models were reused skeletons from Vanilla.

Did I just blow y'all hater's minds?

The only new skeletons for models were the elekks, engineering copters, and nether rays. All the others came from Vanilla. That's THREE new skeletons.

Let's compare that to other expansions:

WotLK:
    Mammoths
    Proto-drakes
    Motorcycles
    Flying Carpet
    = Four Skeletons

Cataclysm:
    Goblin go-kart
    Camel
    Sea Horse
    = 3 skeletons

MoP:
    Water Strider
    Cloud Serpent
    Yak
    Quilen
    Kite
    Flying Cloud
    =six skeletons

Mists of Pandaria has had the most unique skeletons for mounts by far.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-16 at 01:25 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    It's just a God damn mount.

Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    It's just a God damn mount.

Chill out.
    A goddamn free mount...
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    A goddamn free mount...

Indeed. They could of given us a old note in the mail(In Cataclysm remember!).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Getting tired of this. This is the third or fourth horse mount with wings and they look almost the same all the time. I know most of the designers are working on WoD stuff but that really is no excuse for reusing that same model all the time. How about something different maybe? Give me a sprinting skill for 100% and let me drink some Red Bull to give ME wings but stop using horses and the like.

Do you guys have any mount ideas that you would like to see ingame?
    Also, it runs through the air. It does not fly. It runs.

Pretty much a reflection of the amount of effort blizzard puts into the game these days. The same old gear sets just get recolored and re-released as well.

I think they fired a lot of game designers and hired a bunch of dudes to scheme about how to extract every last cent out of us.

A goddamn free mount...
    The mount is far from free. First, you don't own it. You pay to access it every month.

Also, we should be getting new content on a fairly regular basis. One ugly reskin every 6-8 months doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Also, it runs through the air. It does not fly. It runs.
    Are you currently shitting me with this... it flaps its wings...

Pretty much a reflection of the amount of effort blizzard puts into the game these days. The same old gear sets just get recolored and re-released as well.
    You know that the entirety of the sunwell tier shared armor and weapon models with that season's PvP gear, right?

I think they fired a lot of game designers and hired a bunch of dudes to scheme about how to extract every last cent out of us.
    You're becoming a parody of yourself.

The mount is far from free. First, you don't own it. You pay to access it every month.
    That's true of every mount, from the Talbuk that was a remodeled ram to the hawkstrider that was a remodeled plainstrider to Ashes of Al'ar that was a remodeled gryphon.

Also, we should be getting new content on a fairly regular basis. One ugly reskin every 6-8 months doesn't cut it.
    They have an entire expansion they're working on, if you missed that memo. And the mount isn't a reskin.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.