Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Are you currently shitting me with this... it flaps its wings...
    As it runs in midair.

You know that the entirety of the sunwell tier shared armor and weapon models with that season's PvP gear, right?
    Yeah, this isn't a new problem.

You're becoming a parody of yourself.
    argumentum ad hominem

That's true of every mount, from the Talbuk that was a remodeled ram to the hawkstrider that was a remodeled plainstrider to Ashes of Al'ar that was a remodeled gryphon.
    Yup, it is.

They have an entire expansion they're working on, if you missed that memo. And the mount isn't a reskin.
    An entire expansion that they're working on and will be charging us $50 dollars for and the price of a subscription to play. What are we receiving in the meantime that justifies our paying the sub? A pony with wings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Getting tired of this. This is the third or fourth horse mount with wings and they look almost the same all the time. I know most of the designers are working on WoD stuff but that really is no excuse for reusing that same model all the time. How about something different maybe? Give me a sprinting skill for 100% and let me drink some Red Bull to give ME wings but stop using horses and the like.

Do you guys have any mount ideas that you would like to see ingame?
    Yeah, why has it taken them this long and still no wings?? Why don't they make wings mounts in games? It would be the coolest thing. Stupid april fools jokes always make the best ideas.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    I kinda agree with the people saying it's not a big deal. As someone else said, it's not exactly the mount you get for killing Sargeras, so chill a bit. :P

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind a flying mount on which pandaren, tauren and worgen wouldn't look oversized or ridiculous.
    Completely agree, they should give us faction specific air ships that allow us to take the helm and drive around! (i.e. Zepplins, full size)

There have not been a Alicorn horse yet to unite all the horses against the evil humanoid bipedals. Raid: "Rise of the horse power"
    Therefor it has not yet been enough horse mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    As it runs in midair.
    So? Are you the authority on what a flying horse would definitively look like?

Yeah, this isn't a new problem.
    Seems like it's a pretty old problem, meaning that complaining about it now (especially when it's intermittently "true" to begin with) is kind of pointless. And especially especially considering that that's only true in this case for something as trivial as PvP armor color schemes that, for all intents in purposes, are "new" to each faction.

argumentum ad hominem
    No, I was just pointing out you're coming off as sounding ridiculous. Breaking down your argument was an addition to that; not predicated on it.

Yup, it is.
    And again, this is the norm, not an exception.

An entire expansion that they're working on and will be charging us $50 dollars for and the price of a subscription to play. What are we receiving in the meantime that justifies our paying the sub? A pony with wings?
    The same thing that's justified you playing at any other time. Besides; a single mount (which doesn't even involve any in-WoW effort) could hardly be described as what you're claiming it's supposed to be. You're claiming it's poor placation when there's no reason to believe it's even intended to be any form of placation at all.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-16 at 11:13 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

Seems like this issue is entirely self-made. Who says it's made to keep people playing? How would a mount keep people playing anyway? This was a mount created in 5.2 or 5.3 which they struggled with finding ways to implement. Now they finally do, and now it's a reward for WoW players who tried out Hearthstone. Not something to 'justify paying the subs'. Nothing needs to. It sucks that there is no new content, but you could just unsubscribe, like I am.

They aren't going to put effort into a mount that's both free and just a promotion. Blizzard was just taking advantage of people that are obsessed with mount collecting by bribing them to play their new money cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nothing in this game is free or will ever belong to us

Monthly access fee required to connect to servers. And we own nothing we pay to access
    But you don't pay to extra to get that mount. And tbh you can basicly get the new mount without wow-sub since you get it by playing Heartstone.

Deleted
    Would you rather have a different looking horse or a raid tier?

I would rather have 10 protadrakes than 2 china drakes

Still arguing that devs should have spend more time designing a mount that you pay nothing to get? You don't even need to spend money on HS to win 3 matches! Apparently saying this makes me "self-entitled", go figure.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    They aren't going to put effort into a mount that's both free and just a promotion. Blizzard was just taking advantage of people that are obsessed with mount collecting by bribing them to play their new money cow.
    How is there no effort put into that mount?
    It was a completely new, retextured model. There is nothing besides the wings (reused/colored from the Quilen) and skeleton that is old.
    Yeah, totally a bribe for Blizzard (a company) to make more money. I don't know if you realize what the goal of a company is right? To make profits.
    An artist spent a great deal of work and effort on that new mount.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

I'd rather 20 new mounts with the same Skeleton than just 1 or 2 mounts with different skeletons since they would cite time-constraints as a reason to not bring more.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!