Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What addon do you use to heal as a disc priest?

Im currently a pally and druid healer. I feel im very skilled at healing. Ive always used addons like healbot and vuhdo to heal. Im planning on expanding to a disc priest (played one in cata and wrath). Want to get back to it. But since theres alot more attonement healing now, I just dont think these addons will work, and Ill have to go to straight keybind healing. Maybe im wrong. But look for input from other discs out there and what they use. Ie cliq/healbot/vuhdo/grid with mouseovers etc.

Any help
    Thanks!

Healbot + Ingela's Rapture + Weakauras2

Just VuhDo right now. Keep in mind Atonement's future doesn't look pretty, though.

Why couldn't you use VuhDo for Atonement, anyway?
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

grid2 and mouseover macros is all any healer needs, you don't really need to monitor atonement so just configure your grid to watch out for all your absorbs and heals you want to keep and eye on combined with ways to monitor debuffs.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-03-13 at 01:18 AM.

Im sure u can, i just never have, i just figured its alot more attacking then other classes and using ur atonement

I use grid and clique. Mouseover macros are the win.

To cast offensively with VuhDo, select the Spells tab from the bottom, then the Hostile button on the right. I'll either have a boss targeted or a tank, and a VuhDo panel that holds Main Tanks, my target, and my target's target separate from my raid group panel. My settings are such that clicking a VuhDo panel does not change my target.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Vuhdo is very good for disc.

You can place your target/focus frame (assuming you target/focus boss, add) next to the raid group frame (click to heal without changing your current target), so you don't have to move mouse much when you go between smite/holy fire and regular healing.

I remember having to write a macro to do smite when click on hostile and heals when click on friendly targets. Supposedly Vuhdo allows you to bind different spells for hostile or friendly targets but I couldn't get it to work well, hence the macro.

I imagine one difficulty would be how you can switch target quickly (to adds, for example) to fish for Twist of Fate proc... Would like to hear from others too.

OmniCC, just plain great timers

DCP, really nice for tracking abilities that come off cd + its lightweight and easy to configure

Grid, best raidframe addon there is, config is great, looks are simple. For plugins I have click-sets (only binding dispel and pw:s though), sidetexts (Timers for PW: S/WS, renew and PoM + absorb amount), raiddebuffs, sideicons (Aegis + Spirit Shell, defensive CD's)

Weakauras 2, amazing for raiding and supposedly everyone has it by now. Personally tracking rapture, spirit shell, inner focus, twist of fate and clearcasting with it. Raidwalls and some boss abilities like Thok's screech.
    Last edited by Vilbu; 2014-03-13 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Grid (with mouseovers), ClearCast, CoolLine and Ingela's Rapture. I've always meant to get into WeakAuras but I've not had the time yet to make the transition.

Deleted
    I use elvui raid frames and mouseover macros, and just use my keybind for damaging

I know someone who uses focustarget and targettarget macros for damaging spells (smite,hf etc)

Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    I know someone who uses focustarget and targettarget macros for damaging spells (smite,hf etc)
    I am using 2 penance macros, one for defensive and other one for offensive/on focus if I have one (mostly boss). For me its easier this way not to miss the target.

Deleted
    This is the only thing you need;

#showtooltip Smite
    /cast [target=target, harm] [target=targettarget] Smite

(but seriously, default UI works fine for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    Grid, best raidframe addon there is, config is great, looks are simple.
    That's pretty bold. I certainly wouldn't say that. I switched from Grid to VuhDu and personally found it much better. Doesn't mean it's the best there is.

Use whatever you're comfortable with OP; and you don't really need to track atonement as it's a smart heal anyway. The only buttons you would need to bind for that are Holy Fire/Solace, smite and penance.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just mouseover macros. Besides that I use ElvUI as my interface, but the macros are the real thing - I could keep healing with the same macros and Blizzard's default interface, if need arises.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Just mouseover macros. Besides that I use ElvUI as my interface, but the macros are the real thing - I could keep healing with the same macros and Blizzard's default interface, if need arises.
    Yea, or clique. I prefer it - less work But at least with mouseover macros you know that patches won't potentially break them. Here is a basic guide (if you need it!)

Vuhdo. It's not really that advanced. I target the boss, and never anything else, so I can keep smiting. Binds -
    When I click a player, depending on which button / modifier I'm holding, the spell is cast on that target. Thus:

Left click - PW:S
    Right click - Renew
    Middle mouse button (wheel pressed down) - Cascade (if spec'd).
    Button 4 (backwards button) - PoH.
    Button 5 (forwards button) - Heal.

With Shift in:
    Left - Penance.
    Right - Flash heal.
    Middle - Pain Supp.
    Button 4 - PoM.
    Button 5 - Greater heal.

Alt:
    Left - Dispell.
    Right - Lifegrip.
    Middle - Fear Ward.
    Button 4 - Lifeswap.
    Button 5 - Binding heal.

And use the number keys to DPS/CD like a normal DPS player would.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    This is the only thing you need;

#showtooltip Smite
    /cast [target=target, harm] [target=targettarget] Smite

(but seriously, default UI works fine for me)
    Some minor suggestions:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,exists,harm][@targettarget,exists,harm][] Smite

The exists and harm filter prevent any clunkiness from occurring if your target is friendly, for example. It checks to see if you have a target, then if that target is an enemy. Then it checks to see is you have a target of target, and if it is an enemy. The [] makes the ability simply perform the default action if all the filters go through. The changes are just to lower the situations where the macro will not work properly.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-03-13 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Some minor suggestions:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,exists,harm][@targettarget,exists,harm][] Smite

The exists and harm filter prevent any clunkiness from occurring if your target is friendly, for example. It checks to see if you have a target, then if that target is an enemy. Then it checks to see is you have a target of target, and if it is an enemy. The [] makes the ability simply perform the default action if all the filters go through. The changes are just to lower the situations where the macro will not work properly.
    I've never had it not work properly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    That's pretty bold. I certainly wouldn't say that. I switched from Grid to VuhDu and personally found it much better. Doesn't mean it's the best there is.
    You gotta be pretty bold on these forums. I tried Grid2 and Vuhdo but wasn't really happy. I don't really know what you can do in Vuhdo that you couldn't in Grid. Only reason I'd see myself going for Vuhdo is that it doesn't require any plugins and is updated faster. Then again if the plugins work I don't see a reason to change + I hate the vuhdo config window.