Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    I was very proud when I got my Sulfuras, Val'anyr, Fangs(especially these), and my cape. However, they are just gear to help me progress, and when they become usless, like the rest of the gear it gets DEd or vendored. As for Garrisons, unless they are mandatory, I will not take part in them. I have Achievements and FoS that tell my tales for me. I do not need to play house and disply them. I have never been one for housing, I understand many people love it, it is just not my cup of tea.
    Hate to say it, but blizzard pretty much confirmed that they are going to make it hard to skip out on garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Hate to say it, but blizzard pretty much confirmed that they are going to make it hard to skip out on garrisons.
    I was under the opinion is that not doing them would be like not going dungeons while leveling. Will make it harder to level, and you may miss out on some achievements or garrison only rewards. But, if there is something I need like a specific profession pattern then I will have no choice. I didn't do the farm because it is not my style of play. I would rather spend time in the world farming my mats instead of a farming/rts base-building mini game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got three toons over i575 (two almost i580 now) and probably won't swap any gear 'til 100. Set bonus, sockets, etc. will probably warrant keeping the gear the same throughout most of the leveling experience.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Pretty sure it'll all get replaced by 95, just like heroic Dragon Soul gear was replaced in Kun-lai. Legendary cloak will probably last until at least the last zone of the xpac, so I'm pretty much just focusing getting that done on my alts and whatever other gear that comes in the process is a bonus. This time around I'm not going into the next xpac as a heroic raider from the previous one for the first time, so I imagine my crappy flex epics will be done with by the end of the 2nd xpac zone. Hoping to get at least one heirloom out of Flex by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    BoA weapon that drops from Garrosh isn't any higher than other Heroic gear. So either they'll all be kept until level 100 (I doubt that's the case), or none of them are. Cloak however, is probably one that will be used in normal dungeons, probably not for long in heroic dungeons. That's just my guess anyway.
    they alreayd said that cloak proc will diminish very fast probably on cratures 94+ it wont proc at all so it will be crap then they said that garosh looms effect will diminish with lv also i dont have quote but it was somethign along hc garosh looms will be like normal dungeons weapon or something. only thing looms will give u is bit more dmg and the comfort of not runign around in very early green weapon -_- which wil lgive u maybe like 1 hour advantage over those without it .

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Edge on what? Leveling? Who cares. There are no realm firsts for leveling and raiding is being held back 2 weeks. Take your time. Get what gear you can now, but by the time you actually step in a raid, anything you have now will be gone.
    With the average mob hitting for more, and our average health being higher AND based entirely on stamina now, it's going to make a pretty large difference when leveling.

I, for one, don't want to have ANY difficulty killing a quest mob or a rare. I get my immersion from the quest content, not how long it takes me to kill a quest mob. The faster it dies, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Pretty sure it'll all get replaced by 95, just like heroic Dragon Soul gear was replaced in Kun-lai. Legendary cloak will probably last until at least the last zone of the xpac, so I'm pretty much just focusing getting that done on my alts and whatever other gear that comes in the process is a bonus. This time around I'm not going into the next xpac as a heroic raider from the previous one for the first time, so I imagine my crappy flex epics will be done with by the end of the 2nd xpac zone. Hoping to get at least one heirloom out of Flex by then.
    If you had full DS heroic gear, it didn't get replaced until well into Townlong Steppes.

You're forgetting none of those greens offered gems, socket bonus or tier bonuses.

My guess would be that we will get rid of all of our SoO gear, heroic warforged or not, by level 96 or 97.

Deleted
    Every expansion has replaced your hard earned epics with quest greens, yes good gear will give you a small advantage when leveling but the time spent farming epic gear will be a lot more than time saved questing in sub standard gear.

Those with Heroic Raiding Gear have always had the upper-hand when a new expansion lands, but that evens out roughly about ~40% of the way to the next level cap. In this case, I expect us to have replaced most of our gear by level 94, and the Legendary Cloak by 96.

10+ Year Old Account
    will there be a major difference between the heroic/normal & flexi boa's in terms of durability in the expansion?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    will there be a major difference between the heroic/normal & flexi boa's in terms of durability in the expansion?
    Blizzard commented that as you level to 100, the gap between the Flex, Normal and Heroic Heirlooms closes, being entirely non-existent at 100.

So in the end, it's not really gonna matter which version of the heirloom you have.

My guess is.....

Flex/Normal gear will last the first couple of levels. Warforged/Heroic gear to maybe 94 ish. By level 95 it should just about all be replaced. BOA weapon obviously will last to 100.