Thread: Stamped Tricks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There was a bug it was fixed awhile go useless post is useless.

Megablok's pets get extra damage for being to good at this game.
    Last edited by Shoults; 2014-03-13 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Let's... keep the 10 and 25 man discussions out of this. Nothing good ever comes from those.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It is RNG but pets commonly have 70-80% crit rate, check your own.
    Just wondering how much RNG is involved with parsing as BM. Your Malk rank has 9 TED procs and Mega's rank has 3 TED procs, both being within a single lockout of eachother, and he's still able to do 30k more effective than you with approx equal fight lengths. What causes such a delta that clearly trumps 6 rppm procs? Also your comp had an extra warrior compared to his.
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-13 at 09:29 PM.

Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Just wondering how much RNG is involved with parsing as BM. Your Malk rank has 9 TED procs and Mega's rank has 3 TED procs, both being within a single lockout of eachother, and he's still able to do 30k more effective than you with approx equal fight lengths. What causes such a delta that clearly trumps 6 rppm procs? Also your comp had an extra warrior compared to his.
    It was 5 procs vs 9 procs, not 3 vs 9.
    There's a few odd things in the two logs when comparing -
    Megabloks had 20 flurry of xuen, Azor had 15.
    Megabloks had 15 scope-procs, azor had 23
    Megabloks had 28 frenzy procs, azor had 37
    This evens out pretty well, though (the cloak procs ARE pretty major, but so are extra FF/agility uptime).
    One difference, though - Megabloks got a third dextrous and a 3 second longer fight, while Azor didn't (almost taking full advantage of it). This could provide a significant difference if both of them were holding out on using Stampede till they got the trinket proc (which is the most common practice when you know it won't cause you to lose another stampede).

The giant difference between the two of them seems to be in the pet - Azor was using the glyph so I can't see individual pet damage, but Megabloks was not so he had 5 individual pets (and a beast) logged.
    His "Doge" pet did 48.3M dmg over 4 min 3 sec, while Azors AtkspeedROFL did 58.6M over 4 minutes - but that's including the stampedes. Adding the dmg to Megablok's main pet, his would have done well over 68M with the glyph.
    They did the exact same amount of KC's, and they even had the exact same hit/crit ratio. Sadly, due to azor being such a noob, it's nigh impossible to dig any further into what the exact difference is. There is 2M dmg extra from beast cleave on Mega's pet, so that's part of it, but it still doesn't explain the remaining 8M extra damage that's comming from somewhere.

Won't know untill Megabloks sheds light on if he's doing something, but the damage my pets did compared to his (using the same log Azor got his rank from) are pretty patethic - Granted, I got absolutely no procs, but still. What I'm most interested in is why he seems to be getting 2-3 attacks more per pet per stampede. It might be entirely plausible that it's the bug Zipdisk is referring to that he's been abusing - if you go to http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kil'jaeden/megabloks the only bosses he's killed since the hotfix 3 weeks ago seems to be:
    Siegecrafter (which, as he wasn't on belt duty, is essentially a 100% "singletarget nuke" fight if you don't focus the bombs apart from light AOE when it's going to up DPS to spend a global on a MS over an AS - entirely plausible to do 450K without any bugs at all there).

Paragons which he AOE'd to death (beast cleave almost beating melee dmg).
    and... That's it.

Does actually seem quite suspicious now with the info available. Hopefully he'll actually attend a raid soon and do similiar numbers compared to pre-hotfix, else I know I'll be severely dissappointed in him :<. Trying to compete with guilds that does shitty AOE-tactics (letting 1 person murder adds on a boss instead of entire raid) is annoying enough, but people abusing bugs to get top ranks just pisses me off. He's fully capable of getting up there without, as evidenced by last tier, so I sincerely hope he wasn't =P.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-03-13 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Oops sorry you are right, I can't count. Would the third dextrous actually skew the dps(e) up 30k even during his end stamepede?
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-13 at 11:07 PM.

There's a few odd things in the two logs when comparing -
    Megabloks had 20 flurry of xuen, Azor had 15.
    Megabloks had 15 scope-procs, azor had 23
    Megabloks had 28 frenzy procs, azor had 37
    This evens out pretty well, though (the cloak procs ARE pretty major, but so are extra FF/agility uptime).
    One difference, though - Megabloks got a third dextrous and a 3 second longer fight, while Azor didn't (almost taking full advantage of it). This could provide a significant difference if both of them were holding out on using Stampede till they got the trinket proc (which is the most common practice when you know it won't cause you to lose another stampede).

The giant difference between the two of them seems to be in the pet - Azor was using the glyph so I can't see individual pet damage, but Megabloks was not so he had 5 individual pets (and a beast) logged.
    His "Doge" pet did 48.3M dmg over 4 min 3 sec, while Azors AtkspeedROFL did 58.6M over 4 minutes - but that's including the stampedes. Adding the dmg to Megablok's main pet, his would have done well over 68M with the glyph.
    They did the exact same amount of KC's, and they even had the exact same hit/crit ratio. Sadly, due to azor being such a noob, it's nigh impossible to dig any further into what the exact difference is. There is 2M dmg extra from beast cleave on Mega's pet, so that's part of it, but it still doesn't explain the remaining 8M extra damage that's comming from somewhere.

Won't know untill Megabloks sheds light on if he's doing something, but the damage my pets did compared to his (using the same log Azor got his rank from) are pretty patethic - Granted, I got absolutely no procs, but still. What I'm most interested in is why he seems to be getting 2-3 attacks more per pet per stampede.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=91871/lightning-charge

This was fixed a few weeks ago, but it's been in the blue posts people.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post

Unless the debuff lasts > 4 minutes, would assume it would show up in the log browser.

Oops sorry you are right, I can't count. Would the third dextrous actually skew the dps(e) up 30k even during his end stamepede?
    If you read the entire "analysis", you'll see that the main difference between the two comes from 8M stampede damage that I can't discern :P. The procs etc would probably skew in favor of Megabloks in the end, but not by a huge amount (~3-5k).

Yep, I added a few paragraphs based on that afterwards.

huge ass picture that I removed
    If they do not gain or lose the buff, you won't be able to see it in the combat log. There's no event, it's simply there. See if you can find Aspect of the hawk/iron hawk.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-03-13 at 11:16 PM.

Does actually seem quite suspicious now with the info available. Hopefully he'll actually attend a raid soon and do similiar numbers compared to pre-hotfix, else I know I'll be severely dissappointed in him :<. Trying to compete with guilds that does shitty AOE-tactics (letting 1 person murder adds on a boss instead of entire raid) is annoying enough, but people abusing bugs to get top ranks just pisses me off. He's fully capable of getting up there without, as evidenced by last tier, so I sincerely hope he wasn't =P.
    It's pretty shitty because even if stuff like this gets fixed, logs are still completely client side. With a few minutes and some careful editing, you can boost your DPS pretty easily (while making it nearly undetectable). Obviously the majority of raiders don't do this, but it's definitely possible.

Unless the debuff lasts > 4 minutes, would assume it would show up in the log browser.
    The debuff never actually shows up in logs, but it is still on the pets. I don't actually know why it doesn't appear in logs but it was the same for the last exploit in Shadowmoon Valley and the Sunken Temple exploit.

EDIT*
    If they do not gain or lose the buff, you won't be able to see it in the combat log. There's no event, it's simply there. See if you can find Aspect of the hawk/iron hawk.
    Well, there you go. Don't know why I didn't realize this, pretty derp of me but yeah.
    Last edited by Atroxe; 2014-03-13 at 11:22 PM.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

What I'm most interested in is why he seems to be getting 2-3 attacks more per pet per stampede.
    I'm really interested in this as well, comparing his log to my latest malk log his stampede pets go about 13 more melee hits then mine did, and even comparing it to the hunter in his guild he got 11 less then megabloks pets.
    Last edited by Frozenhawk; 2014-03-13 at 11:19 PM.

The debuff never actually shows up in logs, but it is still on the pets. I don't actually know why it doesn't appear in logs but it was the same for the last exploit in Shadowmoon Valley and the Sunken Temple exploit.
    As mentioned a second ago (but thread is moving fast, so just repeating) -
    If the buff isn't gained or lost, then it won't show up in the log. There's no gained/lost event, there's no upkeep (refreshing etc) - nothing that could possibly show it there. Try and search for aspect of the hawk/iron hawk, righteous fury, berserker stance etc (something you'd enter the fight with, and not change before the boss is dead basicly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoults View Post
    There was a bug it was fixed awhile go useless post is useless.

Megablok's pets get extra damage for being to good at this game.
    My post is as useless as you seem to be. Try harder to manage perfectly your hunter.

Love all the work you are doing draco ! you are giving so much of your time. I appreciate.

I thought i was Fu...cking crazy !

We can't fight on an equal footing against this disease, the disease you have created....

Now, good luck for woling !!! LOVE PRO RAIDER RANKING ( HIGH SKILL LEVEL)

Padders

will

Pad.

Can I please solo-AoE on Immerseus now Draco? I'll beat Megabloks on PR with no Stamp bs, pls.

EDIT: I'm not a noob. :C The Stampede glyph is balls.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-03-14 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    It almost sounds like this is some sort of new development that has never happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterlove View Post
    My post is as useless as you seem to be. Try harder to manage perfectly your hunter.

Love all the work you are doing draco ! you are giving so much of your time. I appreciate.

I thought i was Fu...cking crazy !

We can't fight on an equal footing against this disease, the disease you have created....

Now, good luck for woling !!! LOVE PRO RAIDER RANKING ( HIGH SKILL LEVEL)
    You seem mad about something. The reason its useless to keep posting WoLs or trying to figure it out was because it was a bug from Tol'vir as someone already posted, and this bug was already fixed so you are trying to figure something out that isn't there anymore.

You seem mad about something. The reason its useless to keep posting WoLs or trying to figure it out was because it was a bug from Tol'vir as someone already posted, and this bug was already fixed so you are trying to figure something out that isn't there anymore.
    Could still get it confirmed from the "source" as megabloks frequents the forums. Also, it'd invalidate a lot of the top-parses that we see and compare to, which is nice to know.

Deleted

Can i make fun of you? You dare cheating, having a top 2 ranking on juggernaut (dunno what other ranking you get with this trick or an other) and still saying dont worry guys this post is useless i did nothing wrong....

Are you ok with yourself? are you proud of your fake ranking? are you aware that there are other hunters all over the world trying to play this game fairly?

i am not really mad just disappointed (but still smiling!!)

you should just apologize and try to shut up.

Rank 1's are overrated, almost all of them are cheesed in some way and they are not needed for good PR ranks.