Thread: Stamped Tricks

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

Read my above statement. Taking advantage of an exploit rather than reporting it and moving on doesn't make you "more clever" - it makes you one of the scumbags that cheats elderly people out of their pension due to a loophole in a contract you made.
    How taking advantage of a game exploit equivalents to pension stealing i have no clue. if there is an exploit, some one will take advantage. Every thing is kept in check by rules. If u can find fault in those rules, u r smart. and if u can take advantage of that, u r even smarter. U may not like this and try to address them as "scumbags", but the fact that they r way smarter than other, u cant deny it.

As a guild-mate of Megabloks I can indeed confirm that he is up 2 no good. probably hacker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    How taking advantage of a game exploit equivalents to pension stealing i have no clue. if there is an exploit, some one will take advantage. Every thing is kept in check by rules. If u can find fault in those rules, u r smart. and if u can take advantage of that, u r even smarter. U may not like this and try to address them as "scumbags", but the fact that they r way smarter than other, u cant deny it.
    ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    As a guild-mate of Megabloks I can indeed confirm that he is up 2 no good. probably hacker
    Seems legit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Strongest DoT in the game, must be a 50k dps increase, eh? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Ruins the fun for the others? If you're aiming for high ranks, just don't count those. Nazgrim dps boost seems really fun and we're going to do it too in 10man with 3 tanks so everyone can get ranks. (by ranks I mean top 10. Top 150 is something we get every time anyways)

I think exploits on farm bosses do no harm to anyone. If you're that sad about getting rank 57 instead of 51 because 6 people had done AoE boosts to their dps, well... perhaps you're focusing on the wrong thing to have fun with. Focus on your own dps instead of comparing it to other people doing different tactics than you. Compare dps done to boss instead and check ranks of that. When I did my very high Dark Shamans rank in the beginning of SoO, I ranked #5, but my Combustions were way bigger than the 4 people above me, so I took pride in that instead of being 5th on damage. Fun stuff like that you know.

Dps exploits, legal or not, are really fun, I suggest you try them as long as you're not in a world ranking guild exploiting it for progress. The most fun is Sha of Pride zerg in 10man. 1 tank, 1 healer, everyone stacks and gets the 50% buff. Hard "enrage" is 238 or 188 seconds, can't remember which.
    It is the role of log sites to keep this within reason. If you provide a ranking system, you have a responsibility to monitor and maintain it. Not some rank of a fictional instance of an encounter, with a mysterious 500 million HP added to it. The actual encounter. There should be checks and rules in place. Hopefully Warcraftlogs can build to their growing reputation and incorporate some. Players can and will do whatever it takes to get a high rank, no matter how unrewarding or unrepresentative it may be.

Back on topic, I've no idea what Megablocks has been doing here. If he has been exploiting then GG reputation. Do I care much? No, not really, but I'm glad its not me. Thankfully I play SV and he is nowhere to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    If you can't comprehend how the two situations are alike, then I can't help you. Ill try to dumb it down as much as I can:
    Abusing loopholes are bad. Both IRL and in a game where you're supposed to adhere to the CoC.
    You are not smart to abuse exploits. You are not smart to get people to sign a contract that allows them to steal your money. You are a douchebag and should be punished. Finding a bug and not disclosing the information about it has nothing to do with being "smart". It's dumb luck and a sociopathic character flaw that makes someone abuse something and keep it hidden for personal gain/advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Can be done by rogue with vanish and preparation too. Reported also.

There is one legit way you can actually boost your stampedes damage maybe even more than these exploits and im not speaking about tricks. So far none has used it thought, maybe ppl are too busy finding these exploits. Pay your unholy DK to give you hes unholy frenzy. Im surprized that megabloks haven't done this yet. tested this quickly at dummys and seemed to work for stampede pets, sad thing I don't have UH DK in my raidgroup.
    Usually for something like this to work the DK you're asking has to be willing to do it (I'm not)

If you can't comprehend how the two situations are alike, then I can't help you. Ill try to dumb it down as much as I can:
    Abusing loopholes are bad. Both IRL and in a game where you're supposed to adhere to the CoC.
    You are not smart to abuse exploits. You are not smart to get people to sign a contract that allows them to steal your money. You are a douchebag and should be punished. Finding a bug and not disclosing the information about it has nothing to do with being "smart". It's dumb luck and a sociopathic character flaw that makes someone abuse something and keep it hidden for personal gain/advantage.
    Ah, just different point of view. but since it's getting off topic, i will leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account

Megagodbloks needs no tricks

get rekt

#bloksforthewin

Okay back to the topic.
    1. This thread is useless as the buff has been fixed.
    2. I dont like that megabloks is getting a bad rep for playing normally. Im fairly certain he didnt even know about this until recently.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-03-16 at 08:21 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Deleted
    not everyone of us wanted this to be like a pitchfork hunt,

but I still genuinely want to know, why his stampede does 10kk damage more (~40k eDPS) than the stampede of crooklyns/pocketshots,
    that was basically the whole point of the thread until shit hit the fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    snip
    So how do you explain the fact that his stampede is doing much more damage than everybody elses, and managing to accumulate more attacks per duration than everybody elses, even with less trinket procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    So how do you explain the fact that his stampede is doing much more damage than everybody elses, and managing to accumulate more attacks per duration than everybody elses, even with less trinket procs.
    He is cheating With his friend shoults. End of the discussion?

Deleted
    there's a mob in shadowmoon valley that put a debuff on pets increasing dmg by 100% or similar to that, so im told anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post

Okay back to the topic.
    1. This thread is useless as the buff has been fixed.
    2. I dont like that megabloks is getting a bad rep for playing normally. Im fairly certain he didnt even know about this until recently.
    To be fair, all he has to do is explain why his stampede is doing twice the damage of anyone else's (except for shoults, and he's admitted to using the bug) and there's no harm done :P. He frequents the forums, I'm sure he's seen the topic.

I don't hold Megabloks in disrespect, everyone has had the urge to try and rank at any cost at some point. I just want to know if I should be discounting his parses as something to aim for. :P

Deleted
    To be fair, all he has to do is explain why his stampede is doing twice the damage of anyone else's (except for shoults, and he's admitted to using the bug) and there's no harm done :P. He frequents the forums, I'm sure he's seen the topic.
    Kind of getting the feeling there is a reason he is avoiding it now.

Deleted
    Well, to his defence, if I did exploits and people were upset over a rank on a bad site (Warcraft logs is where it's at, yo), then sure. Go ahead and complain. If my exploits are obvious, I'd just tell people not to count it as rank 1 if it really mattered that much. I'm sure he thinks it's fun to rank, but I'm also pretty sure that the whole point of it is having fun with high dps in the raid. It is after all his guild's logs, should they disable the avaibality to the public because they cheesed dps?

Blame WoL for shitty moderators and incredibly lazy site admins, don't blame the guy trying to have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame the guy. If I was in a guild like his where the dps is so terrible I would try to cheat to. I mean look at some of the logs. Their warlocks are middle of the pack almost every fight. At the end of the day it's just farm content, not like it's going to help his average guild when it really matters. Do I condone cheating? No. But the man is probably bored out of his mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Blame WoL for shitty moderators and incredibly lazy site admins, don't blame the guy trying to have fun.
    They aren't blaming him for having fun, but blaming him for possibly using unintended ways that breaks the rules to do high dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    I don't blame the guy. If I was in a guild like his where the dps is so terrible I would try to cheat to. I mean look at some of the logs. Their warlocks are middle of the pack almost every fight. At the end of the day it's just farm content, not like it's going to help his average guild when it really matters. Do I condone cheating? No. But the man is probably bored out of his mind.

reporting this post for FLAMING

see you in INFRACTION HELL