Korven killing players not in front of him during Vicious Assault?

Any idea why this is happening or how to prevent it? I have a feeling it might have to do with me being 3rd on threat (which I usually am). I am also about ~220 degrees from any tank (well out of cone range).

Take a look at this replay: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=8&view=replay at ~3:30 in. I'm literally in the middle of all the other melee but I just die to Vicious Assault.

Very puzzled

Very strange, did he actually turn and face you?

Deleted
    This is probably just another one of the myriad of bugs that exists in this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    This is probably just another one of the myriad of bugs that exists in this encounter.

Tee-hee-hee.. horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    if someone doesn't put this in their sig, i will be horribly disappointed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

This happens to us all the time, but when we were progressing on it I was never able to find anyone with this problem. One thing we believe is that he turns around to cast amber on Hisek and might hit people if assault is going off when you push hisek to 50. That wouldn't explain all our deaths, though.

Pretty sure it happens when you are in his hit box, at least that's what we figured it was since it never happened any other way.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

If you stand too far into the middle of his hit box, the cleave hits you. You need to be on the outside half of his hitbox behind him. As a rogue, he will cleave you if you use KSp or ShS while he's doing it. Same goes for Kaz'tik.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    This happens to us all the time, but when we were progressing on it I was never able to find anyone with this problem. One thing we believe is that he turns around to cast amber on Hisek and might hit people if assault is going off when you push hisek to 50. That wouldn't explain all our deaths, though.
    This is what I've noticed as well. We'd have 1-2 melee just die because he turns around for a split second and gets the cleave off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    He doesn't cast it during assault. The only way to die from it is if you're standing in the cleave or if you're getting knocked in front of him by the aim. Both are avoidable and has nothing to do with glitches or rng. Unless it's a really new bug I've never seen anything like it in my many wipes on him.

I was never able to find anyone with this problem.
    Last edited by lyngyanshao; 2014-03-13 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted
    We were having this problem with one of our healers constantly getting gibbed by Korven right around when he was landing on Heroic. Found out he was standing slightly near Korven's path to the tanks and would get cleaved right as he ran by despite looking like he was out of melee range. We had him change his positioning and it stopped happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    He doesn't cast it during assault. The only way to die from it is if you're standing in the cleave or if you're getting knocked in front of him by the aim. Both are avoidable and has nothing to do with glitches or rng. Unless it's a really new bug I've never seen anything like it in my many wipes on him.
    Actually that's exactly what happened.

17:50:40.696 Korven the Prime begins casting Vicious Assault
    17:50:41.174 Korven the Prime gains Vicious Assault from Korven the Prime
    17:50:41.174 Korven the Prime casts Vicious Assault
    17:50:42.273 Baaloo is afflicted by Vicious Assault from Korven the Prime
    17:50:42.808 Korven the Prime casts Encase in Amber on Hisek the Swarmkeeper
    17:50:42.808 Korven the Prime creates Amber with Encase in Amber
    17:50:42.808 Korven the Prime summons Amber (Korven the Prime) with Encase in Amber
    17:50:43.100 Hisek the Swarmkeeper gains Encase in Amber from Korven the Prime
    17:50:43.181 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Zaturn Parry
    17:50:43.181 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Cric Dodge
    17:50:43.387 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Impëtus 129237 (A: 16828)
    17:50:43.477 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Hydrö 551171 (A: 161083)
    17:50:43.538 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Lolaan 766997 (O: 155526)
    17:50:43.538 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Timbersaw 486136 (A: 243597)
    17:50:43.538 Korven the Prime Vicious Assault Furyguy 499778 (A: 243597)

The reason only 1 melee died is everyone else either avoided it or can take that hit.

its because your in his hit box we had a bad feral who always got hit by it and either stood in front or to close the boss and would die stand back and you wont die

it's when he casts other spells. turns and kills someone, not related to his hitbox, he just actually turns. this week I got to experience something completely new:

Xaril the Poisoned Mind Tenderizing Strikes Keine 729489 (A: 30526) (O: 75371)

that's his melee atk that leaves the victim to take higher damage from other mobs. however, I am a holy paladin and was standing on the outer ring. the amber pool just spawned, ran out of it but ran sideways. xaril was tanked in the middle. didn't taunt (don't even have it keybound). plus, he also didn't move at all. he just used that ability on range on me and 1 shotted me.
    bug free encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    it's when he casts other spells. turns and kills someone, not related to his hitbox, he just actually turns. this week I got to experience something completely new:

that's his melee atk that leaves the victim to take higher damage from other mobs. however, I am a holy paladin and was standing on the outer ring. the amber pool just spawned, ran out of it but ran sideways. xaril was tanked in the middle. didn't taunt (don't even have it keybound). plus, he also didn't move at all. he just used that ability on range on me and 1 shotted me.
    bug free encounter.
    Looking at your logs, that's not so much a bug as... you died before anyone attacked him.
    Of course a healer is going to have initial threat, that's not very surprising. Welcome to the wonderful world of tanks not attacking them while they jump down .

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post

bug free encounter.
    Yeah, I've gotten killed more than once from Xaril spawning right on top of me for an instagib. Xaril generally jumps down somewhere among the ranged. If it happens to be on you and you're the highest threat-producing healer in your raid it's RIP for you.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-03-15 at 04:54 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Actually that's exactly what happened.
    Happened to us at least 4-5 times during prog, Melee who were max hit-box would just get one-shot. Very frustrating bug that still hasn't been fixed - and thanks for confirming it with logs :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone found a work around for this? Every single attempt our DK and MW monk get hit by it despite being in the same stack as everyone else. It is without question a bug with the encounter, just need it to stop happening.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Our best work around has been for melee to to be as far back as they possibly can.