10+ Year Old Account

Tips on locating datacrons

I just found a couple of datacrons by exploring. I was wondering if there is a "pattern" to looking for datacrons (places a datacron is more likely to appear, or will not appear - for instance "don't look in heroic areas")... as much as I'd like to look in every pixel in the gameworld, I'd like to level up too.

"Just look up a guide to locations."
    I might, but I think I'll do that only if I cannot seem to find that last elusive one. The only thing I'd look up is how many datacrons are in each planet (feel free to post that info too hehe).

"Come back at level 55."
    No fun! Of course, I might give up and do exactly that.

Thanks for any tips!

I'm not so much a datacron hunter, but a lot of them are plain visible (e.g. from flight routes). The challenge is, how to get there or how to unlock them.

I recently got an achievement for finding all datacrons on Korriban. You might simply look into the achievement tab to get a list of all datacrons on a specific planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Planet entry in your Codex (or w/e we call it in SWTOR) will have a bunch of bars showing how much you've discovered, including how many Datacrons you've discovered on the planet.

That doesn't really help your direct question, but it does tell you if you're done hunting or not.

Damn it, now I feel like logging in to SWTOR and hunting for Datacrons on my alts...