First time Builder

Hello Everyone,

I want to build a custom gaming pc but with so many options for different parts, I would rather ask the experts here on mmo for their input on best options currently available and if it stays within the budget I have. Thanks in advance for any replies. I would like to get the best performance for lowest price if possible for like close to 60 fps 25 mans in WoW on high/ultra settings. The only thing I have is Razer gaming mouse since I played on laptop and its done for.

Budget: 600-800

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume it's dollars and you live in US. So if you only have a mouse, you will a need monitor, an OS and a keyboard:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($134.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $747.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 02:30 EDT-0400)

And some money left to buy you a keyboard.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Thank you for the reply and yes you were correct on everything about needing an OS keyboard and monitor lol. So I looked up the parts you posted and was wondering without the monitor included in price the price would be $637.9 and I know the question was for wow 25 man raids 60 fps, but if later on I want to play a different game that is a bit more intense on graphics can I swap out the i3 for i5? or would I have to change other parts if 1 or more parts get changed? like if I get an i5 I have to get more ram or motherboard? an example game I guess could be BF4 on medium settings running smoothly.

thanks again in advance and appreciate the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by locklessdoor View Post
    Thank you for the reply and yes you were correct on everything about needing an OS keyboard and monitor lol. So I looked up the parts you posted and was wondering without the monitor included in price the price would be $637.9 and I know the question was for wow 25 man raids 60 fps, but if later on I want to play a different game that is a bit more intense on graphics can I swap out the i3 for i5? or would I have to change other parts if 1 or more parts get changed? like if I get an i5 I have to get more ram or motherboard? an example game I guess could be BF4 on medium settings running smoothly.

thanks again in advance and appreciate the help.
    You don't need to do anything to play BF4 with that PC
    The only i5 you want to get over i3 is 4670k, but then you need more expensive mobo with z87 chip in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    You don't need to do anything to play BF4 with that PC
    The only i5 you want to get over i3 is 4670k, but then you need more expensive mobo with z87 chip in it.
    thanks again for the reply. So if I get the i5 it will improve performance for gaming overall? and just making sure Mobo=motherboard right? if yes what is the z87 chip? rid me of the noobyness D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Cyrops is elite, I agree on everything. Personally, I buy everything from the same company if I can to cut on shipping, or, go in store (frys), or buy a laptop haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by locklessdoor View Post
    thanks again for the reply. So if I get the i5 it will improve performance for gaming overall? and just making sure Mobo=motherboard right? if yes what is the z87 chip? rid me of the noobyness D:
    Yea i5 increases performance, due to the fact you can overclock it, here's a OC build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($164.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $927.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-15 10:19 EDT-0400)

sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to say thank you for the help and I have ordered the parts and waiting for them to come to start the building. just one more question what is the best monitor I can get besides the one you link under 200? been looking at some to decide but not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably this one:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/benq-monitor-rl2455hm
    If the "1 ms response time" is not a lie

sorry for late reply once again but just wanted to say thank you all for the input and help and thank you Cyrops for choosing a build for me im just waiting for last 3 parts before I build my new pc and for the first time not play on lowest settings 2-10 fps 10/25 man raids lol so Thanks again!