Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flying doesn't take away ANYTHING from the gameplay. Seriously, why are people spouting nonsense like that?

I was around when Azeroth was a no-flying zone, and guess what...PEOPLE DID THE SAME F-ING THING THEY ARE DOING NOW ON FLYERS!!! We see each other pass by, we go on our way to where we want to be. People didn't just stop and become bestest buddies because we were travelling slower and on the ground...

When some poor bastard came and was pvp flagged, he'd get ganked unless he remained mounted and tried running for it. The ganker would follow and keep trying since gankers are like that. If someone lands today and is pvp flagged, the ganker simply waits for the player to dismount, and then goes about doing what he does.

Them removing flying won't cure your nostalgia. The gaming community has changed, DEAL with it.

I would not mind not being able to fly. I think you get to learn and enjoy the world more if you travel it slowly.
    As long as herbs/ores are sufficiently available that's absolutely fine by me.

I enjoyed the old continents more without flying to be honest. It also takes away the fun of open pvp completely.
    And for those people who complain: You'll still be able to fly where you can fly now. The bit of gold you paid is pretty much nothing.
    And I know what I am talking about, I have the fast flying with about 17 characters. I don't mind, gold comes so easily nowadays.

Guess ill dust off my trusty chopper and go cruising around with the wife in the sidecar. Nothing to get worked up over. Ground mount, fly who really cares. It's a game, if you like it play it, if you don't then quit. Things will be what they will be.

I feel awful I dont know how much gold I spend on all the flight training for my alts so I can bitch like alot of others.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxianLP View Post
    I would not mind not being able to fly. I think you get to learn and enjoy the world more if you travel it slowly.
    As long as herbs/ores are sufficiently available that's absolutely fine by me.

I enjoyed the old continents more without flying to be honest. It also takes away the fun of open pvp completely.
    And for those people who complain: You'll still be able to fly where you can fly now. The bit of gold you paid is pretty much nothing.
    And I know what I am talking about, I have the fast flying with about 17 characters. I don't mind, gold comes so easily nowadays.
    Most people with average intellect will map and learn a zone after going through it the first time. Open world PVP was dead before TBC released. You and others are still free to use ground mounts, those of us who get immense joy out of having them shouldn't be forced down to your way of playing.

Simple as that. And if the gold argument doesn't work, how about the REAL money people have spent on flyers? Or, the real TIME spent on flyers?

That isn't the main argument though. You might be fine with only seeing the zone from the ground, others are not. I have done more exploration using flyers than most people ever do when grounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evansp View Post
    Guess ill dust off my trusty chopper and go cruising around with the wife in the sidecar. Nothing to get worked up over. Ground mount, fly who really cares. It's a game, if you like it play it, if you don't then quit. Things will be what they will be.
    Luckily we have a means to enact change against decisions that a lot of people dislike.

The notion of such is what got them to remove flying mounts in the first place
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Their reasoning behind this is completely justified. I see no problems in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Luckily we have a means to enact change against decisions that a lot of people dislike.

The notion of such is what got them to remove flying mounts in the first place
    Wrong. They are doing no flying for a multitude of reasons, "forum outcries" are a very small percentage of that.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't fly "just to fly" very often, I fly to get where I want to go. So it's pretty empty to say "well you can still use them somewhere where you don't need them!" And I didn't collect all of my mounts, flying or otherwise, just to watch them sit in my mount list. I collected them to USE them as well.

You might as well have Blizzard unilaterally make a bunch of mounts only useable in Vashj'ir or something and then say "Nothing changed; you can still use them!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post

Wrong. They are doing no flying for a multitude of reasons, "forum outcries" are a very small percentage of that.
    Seeing as their only potential reasons for doing it are pegged on the common mantra of people that bitch about flying mounts, I really don't see the disconnect here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Most people with average intellect will map and learn a zone after going through it the first time. Open world PVP was dead before TBC released. You and others are still free to use ground mounts, those of us who get immense joy out of having them shouldn't be forced down to your way of playing.

Simple as that. And if the gold argument doesn't work, how about the REAL money people have spent on flyers? Or, the real TIME spent on flyers?

That isn't the main argument though. You might be fine with only seeing the zone from the ground, others are not. I have done more exploration using flyers than most people ever do when grounded.
    No one will be "forced" into any kind of playstyle by someone who has my opinion.
    Blizzard will do however they like, and just if they decide to get rid of flying in Draenor completely, I would be ok with it.
    (which by the way is very unlikely since there is such a vocal mass of players raging)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't fly "just to fly" very often, I fly to get where I want to go. So it's pretty empty to say "well you can still use them somewhere where you don't need them!" And I didn't collect all of my mounts, flying or otherwise, just to watch them sit in my mount list. I collected them to USE them as well.

You might as well have Blizzard unilaterally make a bunch of mounts only useable in Vashj'ir or something and then say "Nothing changed; you can still use them!"

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as their only potential reasons for doing it are pegged on the common mantra of people that bitch about flying mounts, I really don't see the disconnect here.
    Once again wrong. They have mentioned multiple times they are trying to transition into a more dynamic world in WoD from the static one we have now. Do you know what DIRECTLY combats this direction? Flying mounts. Are they being heavy handed? Yes. Is it justified? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

No flying will be fine, as long as they are creative about it... Using different kind of vehicles can help a lot... Like Zeppelins, or some kind o land vehicle akin to the one that the Ettin from silverpine move around... A fast way to travel between important locations without the need to use boring windriders... IMHO, it will make the game feel more alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one will be "forced" into any kind of playstyle by someone who has my opinion.
    Blizzard will do however they like, and just if they decide to get rid of flying in Draenor completely, I would be ok with it.
    (which by the way is very unlikely since there is such a vocal mass of players raging)
    I've never been much for the "life's unfair... but it's alright when it's unfair in my favor" strain of thinking.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by phelioz View Post
    No flying will be fine, as long as they are creative about it... Using different kind of vehicles can help a lot... Like Zeppelins, or some kind o land vehicle akin to the one that the Ettin from undercity move around... A fast way to travel between important locations without the need to use boring windriders... IMHO, it will make the game feel more alive.
    They mentioned that they are working to improve the Flight Path system as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again wrong. They have mentioned multiple times they are trying to transition into a more dynamic world in WoD from the static one we have now. Do you know what DIRECTLY combats this direction? Flying mounts. Are they being heavy handed? Yes. Is it justified? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.
    That doesn't do that in any way, shape or form, considering that people will either 1) choose to participate in dynamic events, in which case flying mounts wouldn't impede this in any way or 2) be randomly flung into dynamic events, which just gets helluva annoying. "Charging bridge Yaungol" is applicable here.

So now we get to the "it's bad to see the ground from the air, but it's good to see the ground from the air AND encourage people to AFK while traveling AND not just be able to avoid, but actually be completely unable to participate in dynamic events/world pvp/etc?"

The most flagrant and exasperating argument of the "flying mounts ruin everything" crowd.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yeah, but still... You have flying mounts and for some reason you are using a windrider... it feels... 'Strange' to say at least. :P
    IMO, it would be better if they put other kind of vehicles in draenor, using land, water and air... Zeps, ships, trains (the iron horde theme even fits it XD)... I bet they already put something like this in game... (edit: I mean in Draenor! :P )

I think windriders are boring, specially since we can do what the windriders can, better and faster than them (yeah, they are faster but our routes can be better, and we can stop at any point XD)... So, just hoping they did with draenor what they did with Azeroth: variety.

Deleted
    No flying is awesome, I really hope they will do something with connecting the playerbase, instead of relying on LF tools.

Oh, and I hope the ores/herbes/x will be so diminished we will have to fight around it, aww yeeeeah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    see we earned flying by reaching a certain level, then paid for it too, then its taken away....doesnt seem right. i see no reason for it what-so-ever
    doesnt bother me but still doesnt seem right
    You had to quit playing at Wrath if you're that decided about it, remember cold weather flying? Was a pretty big thing back in the day. If we look back flying only worked out as a selling point for TBC. You were years in this world walking the ground, but now you could fly! Awesome! But now people like you are crying that flying (probably temporarily because of all the cry) disappears from the game, they only think about ''IWANT TOFLYBUT NOWFLYINGISGONEEEEE GIMME MY FLYING BACK I DON'T LIKE CHANGEEEEE''. And you aren't considering the positives like you feel like you're actually on an adventure, something where the game is all about remember?

Instead of min-maxing everything and fly the shortest route to your herbs which you can spot with your addons and then log back out in 20 minutes before someone had even the chance to bump onto you ingame and you actually had some interaction with. Remember, where the game is all about? Interaction with other players, and that's what's going to happen with WoD. Everyone back on land again, huge amounts of players on the ground spread across the continent where everywhere is something to do. Instead of having an empty ground and look at the sky and see 10 people AFK on their flying mount.

The more I talk about this the more I respect Blizzard for making this decision. And the more I think how stupid it is this large amount still don't get it, or don't want to get it. Or just don't like interacting with other players like it once was. Or just don't like change. Probably the last now I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phelioz View Post
    I think windriders are boring, specially since we can do what the windriders can, better and faster than them (yeah, they are faster but our routes can be better, and we can stop at any point XD)... So, just hoping they did with draenor what they did with Azeroth: variety.
    Very little variety in Azeroth that isn't used to fair lowby horde across swaths of ground that are largely inconsequential.

I don't regard the turtle boats in WotLK with much affection beyond the cool transport music, seeing as the only real need for their existence was because of the awkward croissant-conforming fatigue water that stretched the southern coast of Northrend.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    "Alex Afrasiabi ‏@Abrosiabi

@mmofpsrpg plan is no flying at ship and see how it plays out."

The problem is that some players like me won't apear in your statistics "how it play out".

My acount is already frozen (after I saw the lazy and lackluster WoD "un-expansion" presentation at Blizzcon ) and I just won't buy your expansion (or future expansions) until you get back to full flying and eventualy fire Afrasiabi or the others stupids game designers who thought that was a good ideea.

For you that mean some couple hundred lost dollars that will not apear on the statistic "did they love the no flying ideea or not".

And actually you lost those money with your "brilliant ideea". I know, you want to put those stupid "jump and run "/"platformer" mechanics in the game .
    Well, if I would have wanted to play Mario-Brothers I would have played them , not a MMO.

On an off-topic, anyone else completely unenthusiastic about garrisons? Just seems like another farm with a built-in goldsink.

I unsubbed in Pandaria and will not resub in WoD simply because of issues with flying. Sure first character first time through no flying? Im a ok with that. However making decisions for me and telling me I have to not like flying, I can't have it when I max out, and I cant have it till I max out my alts either after going through the content on foot first? Count me out. Blizz takes 1 step forward and two steps back every expansion since wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.