Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

WoD Dev Interviews, Flying in Draenor, Hearthsteed Colors, Mar 11 Hotfixes, Garrison

Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes

Hearthstone Live Dev Q&A This Friday, Deck Spotlight: Salvation Warrior

Unlocking the Hero Within: Systems Preview

Warlords of Draenor Developer Interviews
    There were a few developer interviews at the recent press events, so today we are taking a look at interviews with Alex Afrasiabi from Gameplanet.

Misc
    • You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.
    • Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying.
    • Garrisons will change the way the game plays, making it feel new.

Draenor
    • Iron Horde will be coming through the Dark Portal in the weeks coming up to the expansion release.
    • Upon arrival to Draenor, players will go through a 45 minute experience to try and turn off the Dark Portal to save Azeroth.
    • You will see why the enemy is so bad right right away, as well as why you must stop them.
    • When Garrosh goes back to Draenor, he still thinks he is a great savior. He wants to show the world the might of a united Orc front.

Flying in Warlords of Draenor
    One of the statements from the interview above prompted some discussion on the forums about the possibility of no flying at all in Warlords of Draenor.

Hearthsteed Colors
    You may remember that the Hearthsteed mount was added to the game with both red and blue variations. So far, everyone has received the blue version for trying out Hearthstone. It appears the red version still may show up in the future though!

Patch 5.4.7 Hotfixes - March 11
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Racial Abilities
    • Worgen
      • Darkflight's movement speed increase no longer stacks with Burning Rush or Burst of Speed.

Classes
    • Monk
      • General
        • Successfully parrying an attack with Swift Reflexes should no longer incorrectly cause NPC guards to attack the Monk for reflexively striking back at an attacker.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Dungeons
      • Mogu'shan Palace: Resolved an issue where Trial of the King may not reset correctly if the party dies during the encounter.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Twin Peaks and Warsong Gulch
      • The winning team now receives an 18 Honor Point bonus for each capture the opposing team is prevented from completing. This means every capture below 3, up to a maximum of 54 bonus Honor if the losing team had 0 captures.
    • Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and The Battle for Gilneas
      • Bonus Honor is now awarded to the team for every 130 resources gained (down from 260) or every 100 resources gained when it’s featured on Call to Arms (down from 200).
    • Silvershard Mines
      • Bonus Honor is now awarded to the team for every 200 resources gained (down from 265) or every 130 resources gained when it’s featured on Call to Arms (down from 160).
    • Strand of the Ancients
      • The amount of Honor awarded for successfully destroying or defending a gate has been doubled.

Timeless Isle
    • Guards at Huojin Landing and Tushui Landing on Timeless Isle are now significantly deadlier.

Brawler's Guild
    • Hexos: Players should no longer be killed by the maze after successfully defeating Hexos.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hotfix Bug
    You nerfed Flying Serpent Kick for FC'ing but you didn't nerf Burst of Speed?
    This was unintentional (an unexpected side effect of a different hotfix). We're working on correcting the issue now. Once that's done, Monks should once again be able to use Roll, Chi Torpedo, and Flying Serpent Kick while carrying the flag. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hearthsteed Issues
    If you have having troubles with procuring this mount, try this!

1) Be sure to win 3 games of Hearthstone in PLAY or ARENA mode first! Your 3 wins can be from Casual or Ranked play. The introductory missions do not count. You'll know it's your third win because you'll get the "Mount Up!" quest reward notification in Hearthstone!

2) Log into World of Warcraft and check your mail. No Hearthsteed to be seen? Go to the next step!

3) Log out of World of Warcraft and log in to Hearthstone one more time.

4) Log out of Hearthstone and log back in to World of Warcraft. Check your mail - your Hearthsteed should await!

Free Character Migrations Available (EU)
    If you're on one of the source realms listed below, you can move your characters to one of the designated destination realms and avoid the queues—for free!

By initiating one of these transfers, you will be moving your character to a new realm and home. This is a one-time, one-way move. If you wish to move your character elsewhere, you will need to use the paid transfer service.

• Silvermoon => Magtheridon / Azuremyst
    • Kazzak / Outland / Stormscale => Auchindoun

Please be aware that, due to the unpredictable nature of free transfers, we may close down any Free Character Migrations at any time and without warning if the target realm becomes full. If you plan to move with friends or your guild, we suggest that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of any stragglers being left behind.

Early closures aside, this set of Free Character Migrations will end on Tuesday, March 18

Begin a Free Character Migration now! We recommend reviewing the FAQ, as it details what is or isn't allowed for transferred characters.

Garrison Screenshot
    Jeremy Feasel recently joined Twitter and shared a garrison screenshot. He works on Garrisons, Pet Battles, Timeless Isle and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    • You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.
    So I'll have to cross my fingers that enough will bother to care about flying? Joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    see we earned flying by reaching a certain level, then paid for it too, then its taken away....doesnt seem right. i see no reason for it what-so-ever
    doesnt bother me but still doesnt seem right

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying.
    ... Well, silver-lining is that my screenshots folder will stop growing at an inhuman rate.
    ಠ_ಠ

we'll see in beta how the game performs with no flying mounts. Hopefully Blizzard changes it's mind before its too late, because there will be as much people quitting because they won't be able to use their flyers, as people leaving because the game turned way too easy/hard, or even worse, boring.

no flying. OMG you suck blizzard... LOL
    That is what people will say. I will be very happy that no flying is being done. bring back the vanilla days.
    Maybe you can increase mount speed just for Draenor only. Maybe 10-20%

Every day I come on here, I hope they announce free recustomization for characters. :/

I'm honestly not resubbing until they allow us to choose a new face for free after the conversion. Giving us the option to disable all new models is not an acceptable compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll show em just how I think about removing flying mounts...

It's bad enough they're practically saying "we can't design content around flying that's immersive" as that's completely untrue. Even moreso that people think "flying mounts ruined the game."

Flying mounts have been in the game for SEVEN YEARS. That's a pretty damn long time to have been playing a "ruined game," if it were indeed so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'll show em just how I think about removing flying mounts...

It's bad enough they're practically saying "we can't design content around flying that's immersive" as that's completely untrue. Even moreso that people think "flying mounts ruined the game."

Flying mounts have been in the game for SEVEN YEARS. That's a pretty damn long time to have been playing a "ruined game," if it were indeed so.
    Wasn't there 5 years before BC(Which is when Flying Mounts came?)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

hate flying mounts, world will definitely be more dynamic/engaging by getting rid of them. example: everyone rushes to rare spawn, rapes it, everyone mounts up and flies away immediately ,leaving the ground empty and deserted

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    see we earned flying by reaching a certain level, then paid for it too, then its taken away....doesnt seem right. i see no reason for it what-so-ever
    doesnt bother me but still doesnt seem right
    You aren't having it taken away. You can still fly in every other area you currently are able to. You just aren't getting the additional, that's all. You paid to fly in Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria. You have yet to have it taken away on Draenor because you never got it on Draenor. ;P

Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell I could love a world w/o flying. I was really excited back years and years ago when I got my first flight form...And someone else said it right - we levelled up to get it, we PAID for it, and now you want to tell us that we "might like" not being able to use the ability I've dropped over 10k on? No. No thanks. You can fuck right off.

I want. Mah batform.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Draenor will be all flat land? Blizz only throws big structures that you cant get to by walking so you have to fly to it. If they put something in Draenor where the only way to get there is by flying but not allow flying ever in Draenor then they will cause people to break cheat again to get to it (remember how people got to hyjal before Cata).

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    You aren't having it taken away. You can still fly in every other area you currently are able to. You just aren't getting the additional, that's all. You paid to fly in Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria. You have yet to have it taken away on Draenor because you never got it on Draenor. ;P
    Blizz was talking about the idea of not having flying in Draenor and if its success full in WOD they will probably remove it from the rest of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell I could love a world w/o flying. I was really excited back years and years ago when I got my first flight form...And someone else said it right - we levelled up to get it, we PAID for it, and now you want to tell us that we "might like" not being able to use the ability I've dropped over 10k on? No. No thanks. You can fuck right off.

I want. Mah batform.
    We'll have to see how we all feel about it in Warlords. I'm not saying Unsub(Cause that's a bit harsh to do). Giving constructive feedback will. Usually I would say getting rid of flying is silly but I don't know how Warlords of Draenor will be in terms of gameplay so it might be different. This is my personal feelings on this. Once I do, part of me hopes I change my mind, the other is concerned.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Let´s sell one more flying mount on the store before no one can use it in Draenor ...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    People will complain about almost anything. Let Blizzard make the game they want.. if they want no flying mounts.. let them... at the end of the day it is their decision. It will ultimately be their fault if they kill World of Warcraft... but complaining is not helping the situation either.

I can see blizzard implementing no flying mounts but than the general population will complain/threaten to quit.. and they will bring them back.. sadly. Let them do what they think is best for the game people! As World of Warcraft was created by people passionate about gaming.. for people who love gaming...

As usual those who can shout the loudest may be getting their own way
    They failed to make the experience of ground travel interesting and fun at any point previously, and they aren't going to change that now.
    Stop giving us lies blizzard, and admit the real reason for that change is to try and fabricate an experience that players destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Let´s sell one more flying mount on the store before no one can use it in Draenor ...
    All the flying mounts on the store can be used as ground mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wasn't there 5 years before BC(Which is when Flying Mounts came?)
    3 years. An then 6 with flying.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Giving us the option to disable all new models is not an acceptable compromise.
    Very much agree. I still can't believe that Metzen (or was it Street) at Blizzcon wasn't expecting that question about recustomization.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia