Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I can't wait for all these spoiled brats threatening to quite actually quit.
    Please do it.

Blizzard appears to be going back to it's quality over quantity ideals with WoD.

To those of you screaming your little heads off about how "muhhh flying mounts I worked for" - Guess what; We get to use our ground mounts again outside of BG's and Timeless Isle.
    Your refuted attempts of an argument towards "you can sue them anyways" is beyond retarded and proof that flying has indeed spoiled the playerbase into making things too easy.

Hopefully I can get my logs for a guild on a balanced PvP server.
    WoD is looking better and better with each announcement.
    So, you own a car. Your city puts out a law that you may only use a bicycle as your means of transport... You are ok with this.... To refute or argue this statement makes you a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Blizzard appears to be going back to it's quality over quantity ideals with WoD.
    ....proof that flying has indeed spoiled the playerbase into making things too easy.
    You talk about quality and making things too easy, yet they're removing many buttons and combining talents to dumb it down..

I love the concept of no flying. Flying, in its current state, is certainly convenient but all too often it's just a means to an end of achieving boredom... faster, lol. I do feel for the miners/gatherers, though. BUT, it will all equal out in the end. If no one is allowed to fly, then the amount of herbs, ratio wise, will be the same on the AH as it is today; You'll still make the same amount of money, it will just require a little more conscious thought (due to mobs possibly being around and whatnot) instead of just mindless flying from one node to the next.

Perhaps, they will provide some sort of ground speed boost on Draenor ? Be pretty interesting to cruise around at 150 % speed or so but it may look a little awkward with everyone's mounts looking like they are on a significant dosage of stimulants.

Deleted
    You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.
    Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying
    I thoroughly agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by korvalos View Post
    Be pretty interesting to cruise around at 150 % speed or so but it may look a little awkward with everyone's mounts looking like they are on a significant dosage of stimulants.
    Can't lie, had a visual image of this and a really good laugh. Thanks :-)

Wow. They have really poor developers at Blizzard now. They seem to have lost a lot of their creative talent since Wrath of Lich King. Those developers had no problem telling stories with flying. Just look at Storm Peaks. Saying flying limits your ability to tell a story or design a zone shows a lack of creative talent on your part as a developer. This game is stagnating without fresh talent and new innovative ideas. No wonder most of my friends have quit playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So, you own a car. Your city puts out a law that you may only use a bicycle as your means of transport... You are ok with this.... To refute or argue this statement makes you a hypocrite.
    Totally comparable, WoW is real life.

In the end this discussion is pointless. Flying is gone for one major patch in order to make people experience Draenor as intended, not skipping every obstacle and potential danger and then complaining about boredom and lack of excitement. Kinda reminds me of CRZ, oh how horrible it is in every way imaginable! By the way it's dull that all zones are empty.
    Oh wait...

Those developers had no problem telling stories with flying. Just look at Storm Peaks.
    Making zones completely untraversable on foot is hardly "story telling with flight"

Saying flying limits your ability to tell a story or design a zone shows a lack of creative talent on your part as a developer.
    What part of being creative stops players, with flying, to skip B, C and D to get to point E? Everything that happens on the route there, ignored.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If they didn't intend for there to be flying in Warlords then why did they give away a flying mount in the Digital Deluxe Edition? Makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

You can tell stories with flying. They're just not willing to innovate. Pandaria has you taking taxis from NPCs in order to speed along the traveling process, so the idea of of mounts not being needed to keep up with the pacing of the story is silly. They give them to you during the quests!

People don't seem to realize the world design and lvl100 world content will be designed with no flying in mind. So comparing non-flying in WoD with theoretical non-flying in MoP, Cata, WotLK, BC makes no sense.

Most people seemed to be fine with non-flying in Timeless Isle or that Troll Island (yeah, forgot the name :P).

You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.

Easy, players will hit lev cap and then the world will be dead. At this point in WoW most people would rather buy any matts they need off the AH then go out on a ground mount to fight over nodes. Besides, nothing that comes from professions has managed to shine threw as worth the bother and if you do get a item it often goes to a alt because you just can't really make anything on it in the AH.

Right now I log in to raid. That's it! I don't see WoD if I even buy it making me want to do more. Blizzard needs to stop using us in experiments with a decade old game. I really think it is going to come back to bite them. Even now I think the sales on WoD will be at a record low on release. Right now I still have no plan to buy it. MoP might be the end of the road for me. See what happens.

The people complaining about being bored are not the casual player who does quests. It's the hardcore raider who does the same raid ad nauseum until the next one is released. They're limiting themselves within the game. It's not a design flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    rose tinted glass nerd : Flying sucks, BC was awesome.
    brained player : but... BC introduced flying ???
    rose tinted glass nerd : WTF ????? STOP CAZUALIZING MA G4ME !!!!! RAAAAGE !!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should totally remove most portals, teleports, flight paths and warlock summoning as well in a world without flying.
    THEN we would see how many actually wanted to spend a whole lot of their time traveling again.

I am willing to try it out for a shorter while in warlords. But for me, flying has been one of the best additions to the game, and i'd hate it if it was removed.
    Having the choice to either fly or travel on the ground should remain.

I am torn here. For one, at max-level no-flying would would suck. Farming herbs or mineral would take years and the prices for raw materials would skyrocket. Also, going back to older quest zones to pick up something you missed would be more of a chore than I think it would be worth. However, having a more dangerous world, world pvp, and immersion sounds intriguing.

My solution:

1. Enable flying mounts that 1. run slower than ground mounts but can double-triple jump, or have some 10 sec of fly capacity with a 10 sec CD. Implement this in all leveling zones.
    2. Disable flying mounts in zones dedicated to lvl 100 content. Ground mounts only.
    3. After max level, enable flying in the leveling zones.

This way I can ride my Corrupted dragonhawk which I earned yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Did you just compare a car and a bike in real life with travel in a video game? I read it a few times and it sure seems that way, I'm just hoping there's an internet meme out there I don't understand that you are referencing.

Players don't own their flying mounts. Blizzard does. Blizzard owns everything in the game including your character. Read the TOS.

Can't wait to see how fast player's excitement dies when they figure out no-flying isn't that attractive. What makes bliz think non flying will push ppl toward open world? even with flying ppl tend to be stacked in cities. no flying will only add another cause to it, making the world more empty. Simple thing is simple, after having so many years of flying, whats the point removing it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.
    This, in ******* spades.

Give us choices by all means, but do not try to foist something on the community and tell us we're going to enjoy it.

I'm fine with no flying at the start, but for the entire expansion?

Meh.

I'm somewhat excited to see how no flying pans out. At some point in the future I'm sure they will add it back, but for now no flying seems like an excellent way to change things up!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind "no flying" if the designers wouldn't have such stupid flight paths. I don't like flying past where I am supposed to land just to end up making a big circle that wastes another 15 seconds. Direct and faster flight paths would at least make me not care as much.

I could love a world without flying, as in the entire game, if this world came with flight points that are unilaterally faster than the time it currently takes on my flying mount.