Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So we are getting pvp related healing nerfs/changes, are more casual approach to gearing (no more reforging), and now pvp related flying mount removal? Its hard to see now whats to interesting about this expansion, are they trying to get people to swap to wildstar or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I'm somewhat excited to see how no flying pans out. At some point in the future I'm sure they will add it back, but for now no flying seems like an excellent way to change things up!
    How does no flying "change things up"? They do that at the beginning of most of the expacs since flying was introduced. The only difference here is they haven't exactly decided on how long it will last. I think it'd be a terrible idea to have no flying at all in Draenor, especially if they leave it in for the other places of the game.

To anyone who thinks that will make players appreciate the content more...you're delusional. Nothing like forcing people to play against how they'd like to play to make them appreciate the game more, am i right?

To those of you saying "It's Blizzards game, let them make it how they like it!" - Well, they aren't paying to play it now, are they? You don't develop a product based on what the dev's like, you base it off what the customers are going to like. This goes for those that say "IF you don't like it, you don't have to play" - well that's true as well, but seems like a fucking terrible business model - "Let's change things that we know a good portion of the player base really enjoys and hint that if they don't like it, they can cancel their subscriptions! We don't want their money anyway, right?"

To those of you saying "all the Blizzard store mounts double as ground mounts anyway, so it's no big deal" - While true, you are cutting half of the use of the purchased mount out, should half of the cost of the mount be refunded then because they'd only be using half of the mount? What about all the other in-game obtained mounts that aren't flying/ground mounts? We're supposed to just forget they exist or just go hang out in the old Azeroth areas just so we can fly? So much for promoting that brand new content past 100 then, huh?

Yes, we all need to wait till more info is available, but the information we have is shining a terrible light on a possible direction that Blizzard is considering for the game that we pay for. Not to mention just how stupid it is to make the CE/Digital Deluxe mount a FLYING and ground mount if they are considering/intent on possibly removing flying in the newest area of the game.

Proud of Blizz for removing flying- Vanilla inspiration is what this game needs right now. Hopefully the kids that play this game can learn to appreciate how it was originally built and how much it has strayed from its winning formula. For many reasons I hope lots of juvenile players unsubscribe with this change- then we can possibly re-enter the glory days of WoW being a challenging, thoughtful game devoid of the gimmicks and instant gratification that pander to the younger (age 16-21) player-base.

I hope they stay firm in the no flying thing. People are gonna whine like crazy but it will be a million times better for world pvp and i bet nobody even remembers pvping over random world chests in vanilla. Now with the amount of rare spawns and enough servers in a group to have a bunch of people to pvp with and flying would just take away all of the awesomeness waiting to happen.

I just hope Blizzard is prepared to not give in to the whiners

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by +Katjá+ View Post
    This, in ******* spades.

Give us choices by all means, but do not try to foist something on the community and tell us we're going to enjoy it.

I'm fine with no flying at the start, but for the entire expansion?

Meh.
    Yeah, I'm with you on blizz not thinking for us. We shouldn't be given flight at all, as there is effectively no choice, nor thinking involved. Flying beats all other options by far. We should not be forced into such a situation if we want to enjoy the game the way it is designed to be played. People ALWAYS go for the fastest option, and there is quite a societal pressure to do the same (guilds and such wanting people to rush through content to begin raiding as an example). Some people are just so utterly spoiled by the convenience of flight that they will have it no other way, and that is kind of sad. They won't even give it a chance, just dig their heels in and start slamming things with their fists (text on forums).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    I think blizz overestimates how much time a gamer can spare these days for an mmo...

10+ Year Old Account
    If flying is the only thing keeping you from unsubscribing, I don't know why you play this game at all. Seriously, get over it. If it's the worst thing in the world, you know they're going to give flying back. Just take it easy and give it a chance. You might actually like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So when you want to go to your farm when you're in shrine do you hop on your ground mount and head over to the gate towards krasarang? Then go through the cave over to the veiled stair and then down the mountain and through all the critters in the valley? That's what you do right? Cause you guys hate flying. You hate it so much that you're not content with just you doing that long trek, you want EVERYONE to be FORCED to do it with you.
    You do realize you will still be able to fly in Pandaria right...just not in Draenor...it's sounding like you don't know what your talking about.
    They are not removing flying altogether Just the new xpac. I for one do not hate not flying, i don't want to skip the beauty of draenor by flying around it!

Deleted
    They won't even give it a chance, just dig their heels in and start slamming things with their fists (text on forums).
    Actually the sound you and Blizzzard hear is the sound of our wallets' zippers closing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im down with no flying in draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FellishBeast View Post
    If flying is the only thing keeping you from unsubscribing, I don't know why you play this game at all. Seriously, get over it. If it's the worst thing in the world, you know they're going to give flying back. Just take it easy and give it a chance. You might actually like it.
    Look at this chucklefuck. He thinks he knows me, or anyone else on this forum.

No, no i wont like not being able to fly. A feature i have earned several times now, and spent gold AND real money on.
    You gonna refund all that gold and those shekels, blizzard? Are you?

And holy fuck, there are actually delusional people in this thread that believe no flying will have ANY consequence on world pvp.
    Sorry skidmark, but it wont. WPVP is dead, perhaps its time you stopped skullfucking its dessicated corpse. it died with the arrival of instanced pvp.
    Get over it. i know it sucks that you cant beat anyone anymore because you had an unfair advantage.

maybe you should git gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Actually the sound you and Blizzzard hear is the sound of our wallets' zippers closing.
    And the sigh's of relief coming out of the people mature enough to deal with such a minor restriction. Could do with less spoiled brats, that's for sure. The community is already filled with those.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I can't wait for all these spoiled brats threatening to quite actually quit.
    Please do it.

Blizzard appears to be going back to it's quality over quantity ideals with WoD.

To those of you screaming your little heads off about how "muhhh flying mounts I worked for" - Guess what; We get to use our ground mounts again outside of BG's and Timeless Isle.
    Your refuted attempts of an argument towards "you can sue them anyways" is beyond retarded and proof that flying has indeed spoiled the playerbase into making things too easy.

Hopefully I can get my logs for a guild on a balanced PvP server.
    WoD is looking better and better with each announcement.
    You miss the irony in your post about Quality and Blizzard as of the last two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    rose tinted glass nerd : Flying sucks, BC was awesome.
    brained player : but... BC introduced flying ???
    rose tinted glass nerd : WTF ????? STOP CAZUALIZING MA G4ME !!!!! RAAAAGE !!!!!!
    Wow, your nonsensical argument makes me think you belong to the "rose tinted glass nerd" group.
    Why can't BC be awesome and flying suck at the same time? You make it sound like flying was the only reason that for many people BC was the best expansion. (Although I don't share that opinion.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    And the sigh's of relief coming out of the people mature enough to deal with such a minor restriction. Could do with less spoiled brats, that's for sure. The community is already filled with those.
    amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sareena View Post
    I wouldn't mind "no flying" if the designers wouldn't have such stupid flight paths. I don't like flying past where I am supposed to land just to end up making a big circle that wastes another 15 seconds. Direct and faster flight paths would at least make me not care as much.
    And what makes you think that WoD flight paths will suck? Are you in the Alpha?

Deleted
    The consequence will be thet Blizz will milk you harder to compensate for our missing money.

Say hello to your 50 euro expansion instead of 39 euro , how used to be untill now. Time for you to put more money in the game.

I am really surprised that so many people didn't know about the no-flying thing until this post as it has been official since Blizzcon. :O
    And I am amazed that so many people think that flying will be completely removed for the whole expansion. Nice

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Yup, that's definitely the avenue Blizzard is hoping for. People that are immature to just plain quite playing and loose a bunch of subs. Yup, that's GREAT business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    The consequence will be thet Blizz will milk you harder to compensate for our missing money.

Say hello to your 50 euro expansion instead of 39 euro , how used to be untill now. Time for you to put more money in the game.
    If I have to pay a little more to have a friendlier community, I would do so gladly.