Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    White people can be victims of prejudice and discrimination as well as hate crimes and the like, but [In my Honest Opinion] they can not be victims of the term racism. Racism involves power and white people are very much in power, case in point Florida where a white man can get away with killing a black teenage over loud music and a black woman can go to jail for firing warning shots into the air to warn off her abusive husband.
    That's flat out false. Racism is the belief that a race/nationality is superior or inferior in one quality or another to a different race/nationality. This is a case of (once again correcting myself) discrimination and perhaps prejudice. And if you don't believe that's the definition here is a link.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

Edit: Durantye beat me to it QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe the lady is white herself. I guess this is the truly accurate version of reverse racism where you're racist against your own skin type.

Deleted
    White people can be victims of prejudice and discrimination as well as hate crimes and the like, but [In my Honest Opinion] they can not be victims of the term racism. Racism involves power and white people are very much in power, case in point Florida where a white man can get away with killing a black teenage over loud music and a black woman can go to jail for firing warning shots into the air to warn off her abusive husband.
    That's stupid beyond words. Go to a different town/state/country and the roles would be in reverse where the white person would be convicted while the black person would get away with it due reverse discrimination combined with racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    hehe the lady is white herself. I guess this is the truly accurate version of reverse racism where you're racist against your own skin type.
    I know a lot of dark skinned people who are racist against other dark skinned people. From my understanding they do it to look better towards other people, some sort of bullying I guess.

B/c obviously discriminating against whit people is necessary to combat discrimination against minorities and won't elicit and unintended consequences whatsoever. Right?

Are you guys really going to use a dictionary.com definition to define a word as complicated as racism?

Also, the Americas were originally full of native people who were killed and then forced to sell their land so that white people could claim it all. I'm also sure that the representation of whites to POC and their respective populations in the Sentate/House and other positions in the government are no where near equal. Don't act like just because there are a lot of white people that they deserve to have almost all the positions in government. After all, there are more women than men on this planet and yet more men in positions of power.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

10+ Year Old Account
    There is some places where white people are oppressed, it's not like America is a whole world. Look at Zimbabwe for example

Are you guys really going to use a dictionary.com definition to define a word as complicated as racism?

Also, the Americas were originally full of native people who were killed and then forced to sell their land so that white people could claim it all. I'm also sure that the representation of whites to POC and their respective populations in the Sentate/House and other positions in the government are no where near equal. Don't act like just because there are a lot of white people that they deserve to have almost all the positions in government. After all, there are more women than men on this planet and yet more men in positions of power.
    I'm sorry I was unaware that a random person on the internet is a better reference for definition than a website dedicated to writing all the different definitions of words.

The Americas were full of native americans who yes lost their land in war, Africans did the same thing, Asians did the same thing, there is almost no country that didn't take some of it's land from someone at some point.

Imagine that a country with 2/3rds white people has more white people in power than other colors, guarantee you go to China, Russia, Japan, Korea, Italy any other country in the world their dominate race has more positions in the government. The woman and man argument is a touchy argument that won't end well for either side I recommend not attempting to start it as this is not about man and woman.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...english/racism
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

I'm trying to find your definition believe me I am.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, because the Europeans wouldn't have taken the land if it hadn't been a bunch of primitive whites in the Americas. Total false dichotomy: race had nothing to do with Europeans taking land from Native Americans. European settlers wanted land and they had guns, and the Native Americans had land but no guns.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd show up in blackface paint.

Lets get dis party started yo.
    That's not really blackface at all. Blackface looks ridiculous and overemphasizes stereotypical features.

Horribly racist. Not sure how anyone thought that was a good idea.

What is complicated about the word racism? It has nothing to do with power. Racism is discrimination based on race, sexism is discrimination based on sex, ageism is discrimination based on age. In MOST cases, whichever faction has the power tends to be the one that discriminates, but this has nothing to do with the words themselves; it just means that it applies in that manner most often.

Inb4 Theimus and Booshman turn this into how whitey is racist thread.

Infracted - do not belittle other posters
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-03-13 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Inb4 Theimus and Booshman turn this into how whitey is racist thread.
    Heh, a little too late for that, we already have one person trying to claim that white people cannot suffer from racism. How can anyone claim something so ridiculous is another thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Heh, a little too late for that, we already have one person trying to claim that white people cannot suffer from racism. How can anyone claim something so ridiculous is another thing...
    They've finally reproduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    They've finally reproduced.
    Wonder if that attitude would help them not get their ass beat in Downtown Baltimore for being white......doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymichael View Post
    Very rarely do I see a legitimate case of reverse racism. This is one of those times. What exactly do you want us to discuss, OP?

Edit: Reverse racism is a bad term, but it's the generally accepted term for racism against white folk. I see a lot of this sort of crap on other forums that isn't the slightest bit racist. Hell, some of that happens around here. Just wanted to clarify .
    You don't get out much if you "Very rarely do I see a legitimate case of reverse racism". It is more rampant than ever before.

Deleted
    Gotta question the way the world is when it was deemed horrible to exclude someone for being Black or Asian, but this is apparently completely okay because White is the majority, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Wonder if that attitude would help them not get their ass beat in Downtown Baltimore for being white......doubt it.
    Frankly, if someone says you cannot be racist against whites, I cant help but question the sanity of the person saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's your cited definition?
    Funny thing: I've seen your definition of racism (power+prejudice) also used to define rape just so that men are excluded from being raped. It's like people don't want to admit that the horrible things they do are actually bad. Even though they know that they are. In fact, I've also seen people trying to deflect the term "racist" from being used against them by saying "actually the word you should be looking at is oppression." um no bitch if i were looking at the word oppression i'd use the word oppression you're a racist.

What the person described in the OP did is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Gotta question the way the world is when it was deemed horrible to exclude someone for being Black or Asian, but this is apparently completely okay because White is the majority, lol.
    How is this completely ok? It's being universally condemned..

It's seems counter-productive if it's segregation what they want to solve, but okay.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance