Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Dealbreakers: How far is too far?

    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,755
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.

  3. #3
    Removal of Arena, (unless Trial of the Gladiator replaces it) luckily it'll never happen.

  4. #4
    Buyable raid gear. Thats really it for me, I suppose. Theres already LFR, theres no reason to make getting gear any easier.
    If you're reading this signature, I hope you're having a nice day.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Panzerchrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The land of ice and snow.
    Posts
    993
    Being able to use money get past others.

    Bad things:
    - Buying gold or other currency.
    - Buying non-vanity items.
    - Buying anything that boosts stats.

    Good things:
    - Vanity armor
    - Small vanity buff items.
    - mounts

  6. #6
    WoW going Free to Play
    Immersion - Hate the word but love the show!

  7. #7
    there isn't 1 specific thing they could do to wow that would make me quit, so there's no definitive deal breaker, apart from paid gear purchases. P2W = bad

    but i think WoW is more likely to die from death of a thousand cuts - lots of small seemingly insignificant changes that on their own dont make a major impact, but all together affect the game as a whole and slowly change it's core direction and gameplay.

    plus, i always hate the "revamp" of classes every damned expansion. why they can't plan ahead i'll never know.

    also, if they're so focused on the endgame - why bother adding new quest/levelling content? surely just add additional raid tiers and throw more gear at people to skip previous tiers.

    i actually kinda hate the way the game has become all about the latest raid tier, maybe thats my dealbreaker - i enjoyed the sense of progression through tiers as the expansion continued - but nowadays, it's "oh, you didn't finish t11, well, here's some gear, go do t12 instead"

    for me WoW was all about the journey from beginning to end, but once they added buses to the route, the smog gradually built up
    <insert witty signature here>

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.
    black market AH

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Buyable raid gear. Thats really it for me, I suppose. Theres already LFR, theres no reason to make getting gear any easier.
    Every top guild on any server already controls this market, Blizzard know to stay away.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    black market AH
    Oh, you mean the Black Market which uses in game gold often gathered through in game means and efforts in game? Pay to win means to use Real-World currencies, I think you may be a smidgen confused.
    If you're reading this signature, I hope you're having a nice day.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.
    This for me too. Though I think pvp will hold my attention for a long time.

  11. #11
    Epic! fengosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    1,522
    No, not really. All paid features in game are reasonable and optional so there's little reason to think that won't continue in the future.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Whidbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA USA
    Posts
    721
    When it bores me so much I dread logging in.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Oh, you mean the Black Market which uses in game gold often gathered through in game means and efforts in game? Pay to win means to use Real-World currencies, I think you may be a smidgen confused.
    I get your point and I understand your point but looking at the top level of raiding, this still stands as you can spend real $$ for in game gold (not by blizzard ofc) and use it to buy heroic ilvl gear.

    Not confused but thanks for your concern.

  14. #14
    Going completely f2p.
    f2p players are a plague.

    I get your point and I understand your point but looking at the top level of raiding, this still stands as you can spend real $$ for in game gold (not by blizzard ofc) and use it to buy heroic ilvl gear.
    Now that is an extremely weak argument.
    By that logic, BoEs are p2w
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-03-13 at 04:38 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  15. #15
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,473
    i already thought about it... my deal breakers were, the no flying BS and the $10 principle price hike. while thousands were racing to pre~order, i hit the unsub button for the first time in over 6 yrs. /cry
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  16. #16
    Already happened: lack of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    531
    Pay to win, acquisition of gear through real money and no in game effort.

  18. #18
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Oh, you mean the Black Market which uses in game gold often gathered through in game means and efforts in game? Pay to win means to use Real-World currencies, I think you may be a smidgen confused.
    People buy gold for the purpose of using it on the BMAH for gear or mounts.

    On topic, my dealbreaker is WoW going Free to Play.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,859
    If I wouldn't enjoy the gameplay. Which is why I quit, don't think that paying a sub for this game was worth it.
    Heyoo!

  20. #20
    If they changed sub price to above $15. It's already on the high end of what I'd like. There's a lot I can do elsewhere for less (even free.) And before you tell me to "go play those then", I do. Tera, Rift, WoT, Aion, GW2 and TSW, I dabble(ed) in all of them some, and some I still do. WoW does have it's "refinement" factor, and you aren't gated unlike some (rift is really good in letting you do all content possible in the game for no cost!). I just think if WoW went $20, I couldn't find a reason to keep a sub for month after I've leveled a character. Maybe even not that.

    Sorry to go on a tangent. TL;DR: Increased sub cost.


    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •