Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    As long as i have fun i will play, that said:

Paying to unlock additional content (other than aesthetic ) would make me unsub
    That was a drawback to SWTOR with me. I went F2P for a bit and hated having to pay to unlock Flashpoints.

to me, it will be too far when i actually feel like i have to buy something outside the game to compete within the game. thats my line.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    So, I don't get this.
    If you didn't have to get gear each season/tier, what exactly do you do in-game in terms of progression? Just curious what idea(s) you have that would replace the current progress cycle, which is obviously a core part of MMO/RPG play.

Making all extra paid services and expansions free is frankly a terrible idea, business-wise.
    To throw my two cents in, I couldn't care less about "progression" beyond reaching max level to be able to do bgs. Random bgs and scenarios are pretty much all I cared to do when I played. I played the game with my two brothers, and due to my extremely inflexible schedule, there was no opportunity for me to be in a guild or on a rated bg team that I had to coordinate my time with, even if I were so inclined.

I have serious trouble focusing on one or two characters. There are 34 specs in the game, eleven of which I would like to be able to play, spread across eight classes. There is absolutely no way I could completely gear out eight classes, let alone get enough gold to gem and enchant them every single season (professions are work, not play). The fact I have to constantly grind (or more to the point, treat the game as a second job) out gear just to be able to compete in random bgs so I can have fun is the complete antithesis of what a game should be. I don't want to be crammed into two classes when I want to play eight. Hence why Blizzard would be virtually guaranteed my subscription until they shut the servers down if they would implement a gearless bg system, where I can log in and have fun pvp'ing with whichever class I feel like playing, without having to devote hours and hours of not having fun just to be able to do that effectively.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    my deal breakers were, the no flying BS
    You mean the 'no flying BS', before even the Beta comes out? Think you might have overreacted just a tad?

10+ Year Old Account
    -further homogenization of classes. Thankfully Blizzard is stopping this by not adding any new abilities in WoD
    -blizzard selling gold, gear, power boosts at max level, bonus roll coins, reputation
    -subscription price no longer reflecting quality of in game content
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Paying $15 a month to sit in a queue for an hour to play the game. Remove one of the two and I might come back. Though removing both would go a lot further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Paying $15 a month to sit in a queue for an hour to play the game. Remove one of the two and I might come back. Though removing both would go a lot further.
    That's only if you consider Raid Finder the only part of this game worth playing for, which is laughable to say the least.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    which is laughable to say the least.
    So, you decide what others should enjoy or personally consider content worth doing. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies similar to start of mop will make me quit. If 'playing the game' meant LFR to me, I would quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    That's only if you consider Raid Finder the only part of this game worth playing for, which is laughable to say the least.
    I was assuming he was talking about queue on the busy big realms like Stormscale - Eu however there is plenty of free transfers to get off those realms.

When im bored, or find something more fun to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?
    The recent events actually made me unsub for the first time ever. I might come back, but it's a maybe depending if I dont find something I like more
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post

I think people will pay money for shorter queue times.

Last time I played I queued for a LFR, it was an hour so I queued for another, which was a hour and who minutes. I decide to do some bg's and queue which was 22 minutes. I just decided to log and play another game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Whats wrong with F2P? I'd definately wellcome it, a lot of my real life friends would come back and its not like Blizzard is giving us good content from our sub. People say the community will get bad.... but isn't it already bad?
    Rift was the pinnacle of amount of raiding content before it went F2P, not so much now.

In WoW at least we have had 50+ raid bosses this xpac (I am not happy about how they paced the release of said 50 bosses though but that is a different story).

I do not want WoW to go F2P until they will 100% make more money as that means they will be able to support it like they currently do.

Many of the changes in WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    As far as I know, Rift was the only major MMO to have a "significant" presence in the Western market place that had content come out at a decent rate
    Fixed that for you, it is a shame as well.

Competition is good for WoW and I fell Rift caused the influx of content we saw at the start of MoP.

I have no idea what is going on now though....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    SWTOR's biggest failure was that it was trying to copy a lot of what WoW had to offer while still offering an arguably superior single-player experience. They spent way too much developing it, never intended to go to a F2P model, and really screwed up and alienated a lot of potential (and current) players with how restricted the experience was versus subscribers and cash shop users.

Personally I like Rift's model at the moment. I also have no issue with subscribers being given priority and convenience being dialed back for free players, but things like limiting the number of action bars and actual access to flashpoints and warzone was a touch obscene. Limiting the number you can run in a week vs actually keeping you out unless you pay is just an awful cash grab.
    Kind of off topic, but it's surprising the industry as a whole hasn't really observed the mistakes made in the rise and fall of SWTOR. The lack of endgame, The lack of risks, the lack of variety in player classes. and the lack of repeatable content had a lot of players hit cap and quit.

If they had shaved 10 levels out, and used the removed zones to make 2 new warzones, and more endgame "Raids" (I wanna say they called them Operations) they would've had a much deeper endgame, and blueprints for a 10 level expansion that would literally not have to ret-con your prior choices to why you're still doing what you're doing going forward (Imperial agent..)

If WoW moved FTP, and had a model even remotely close to SWTOR, that would be a massive cockblock. Even staying subbed in a SWTOR style game is a bit painful, knowing that the economy is basically driven by whales and RNG booster packs.

If an expansion features lore that interests me very, very little, I may be inclined to skip that one. Hasn't happened so far.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If they released a Kung Fu Panda Island Expansion and decided we play that for over a year
    2. If they jacked the price of expansions up to $50
    3. If they lazily removed flying mounts in the new expansion in lieu of designing content
    4. If they allowed everybody to skip all the old, tedious content but for an outrageous fee
    5. If they expected us to play the same raid content, over and over
    6. If they let my server die, and then charged me $55 to transfer my toon to play with my friends
    7. If they started to blatantly lie or go back on promises
    8. If they started to recolor and re-skin everything instead of designing anything new
    9. If they still charged a monthly fee while planning new (paid) content releases a year or more apart
    10. If during the drought of content provided to justify a subscription, they released paid content on the store regularly
    11. If they made me feel unappreciated and taken advantage of

Wait a second. I guess I have to quit now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler returning.