Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Making you pay monthly fee + expansions for the same repetitive content while dumbing down the game.

That was the breaker for me...

Deleted
    The mindset amongst the current WOW development team.

Their design decisions seems based on some kind of classic Everquest mentality coupled with some sort of binary logic in which everything can only be 1 or 0.

To make matters worse they seem unable or unwilling to learn from their past misconceptions in Cata and Panda...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Ghostcrawler returning.
    It's not Ghostcrawler, it is the team that Ghostcrawler belongs in. Ghostcrawler is essentially the guy who takes the heat.

The dealbreaker is always the same, if it's no longer fun for me to play the game, I won't play it anymore.

What could make it not fun anymore? I could name 1000 different things, there's probably 10 times that I couldn't name and there's already been times when it stopped being fun for awhile (I've quit for more than a year 3 times so far) that I can't define any particular reason for.

There's a 1000 hypothetical things they could do to make me quit. For example: "Hey everyone, we've decided to delete all existing characters and the only available race going forward will be Gnomes! How awesome is that?!"

But probably the only thing that could make me quit and never consider resubbing would be for a better game to come along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    That is NOT pay to twin. You can obtain the same gear ingame by raiding, even if they sold heroic warforged.
    Weeks/months of raiding and farming BiS gear is totally different to dropping $20 for the same stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Weeks/months of raiding and farming BiS gear is totally different to dropping $20 for the same stuff.
    Weeks/months of leveling and farming experience is different from weeks/months of raiding and farming BiS gear because, uh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    There's been people selling raid runs for cash since MC. So long as it's still obtainable without paying, Blizz selling the gear themselves wouldn't make a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Weeks/months of leveling and farming experience is different from weeks/months of raiding and farming BiS gear because, uh....
    Getting BiS gear is pure RNG, leveling is just a time sink. Not sure how people cannot grasp this....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    There's been people selling raid runs for cash since MC. So long as it's still obtainable without paying, Blizz selling the gear themselves wouldn't make a huge difference.
    Still RNG, that Weapon is not guaranteed to drop.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    It's not Ghostcrawler, it is the team that Ghostcrawler belongs in. Ghostcrawler is essentially the guy who takes the heat.
    Well, with leadership comes responsibility.

-Increased sub cost
    -Gear sold on the store
    -When it stops being fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    You mean the 'no flying BS', before even the Beta comes out? Think you might have overreacted just a tad?
    well just to add some context, i did stay subbed even after they had announced their spectacular plan to restrict flying (/sarcasm), because i had hopes that it would change during the beta. however, when the price increase for the xpac was announced, that did it for me. if they want to change their minds on the price, and choose to not go with these flying restrictions... sure ill resub again. otherwise.. well there are other games to throw my monies at.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?
    No flight for an entire expansion would be a dealbreaker for me, actually. The entire purpose of adding flying was to make the world feel three dimensional. Going back to a 2d world is like going back from a modern console to an NES: great for nostalgia's sake for about one evening. After that, it's worthless.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    My two dealbreakers about WoW: selling gold or selling gear with stats for real money. Any iLevel of gear.
    Last edited by mmoc0e82c355ee; 2014-03-16 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Any sort of pay to win scenario. And I mean actual, gear or other sorts of performance boosts for monetary value.

At that point, it wouldn't be worth it for me.

I'm not bothered by boosts to 90.

When I stop enjoying my time in game, or when I feel that I do not get an adequate value for what I pay for.

If the choices that Blizzard makes do not interfere with those criteria, I really don't care.

The point where subbing to the game was worth it passed a long time ago, but the definite dealbreaker would be selling level 90 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    My two dealbreakers about WoW: selling gold or selling gear with stats for real money. Any iLevel of gear.
    All boosted 90's come with a full set of iLvl 483 gear.

Getting BiS gear is pure RNG, leveling is just a time sink. Not sure how people cannot grasp this....
    Getting BiS gear is a time sink that's affected by RNG, and leveling is a time sink that's affected by RNG.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    I agree with you about habits - people are creatures of habit, and at times I have found myself logging in and just jumping squares instead of actually doing something with my spare time. I don't do that anymore, but I still play - I just make sure I log off when I'm bored/not doing anything.

So, I don't get this.
    If you didn't have to get gear each season/tier, what exactly do you do in-game in terms of progression? Just curious what idea(s) you have that would replace the current progress cycle, which is obviously a core part of MMO/RPG play.

Making all extra paid services and expansions free is frankly a terrible idea, business-wise.
    He is speaking from a pvp perspective just because you have the best gear in pvp doesn't mean you'll get gladiator. That takes a ton of experience and networking which is already a grind for someone just starting. The gear grind isn't necessary for people who just want to push rating. I mean they're several rank 1 player's that bot to get gear because random battlegrounds are worse then lfr. You can't carry them because a freshly geared 90's damage is just awful and people don't want to follow objectives or listen.. then there is the chance that you can spam queue into premades and honor is non-exist on a lose. Its actually pretty close to hell sometimes. Gearing up my rogue was a nightmare and I have a ton of utility. Smoke bomb, mortal strike debuff, tricks of the trade, and prey on the weak but none of it mattered because I did no damage and nobody wanted to kill the efc.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-16 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Shutting down all their servers. Every single one. If they shut down every WoW server in existence, I'll stop playing.

A year of SoO.

P.S. currently unsubbed until WoD