Poll: E-dating

Thread: E-Dating

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    What the fuck. I feel well out of the loop. I still rip on my friends for online dating (fucking lowselfesteem boring cunts) but they are at least getting laid. Who the fuck never meets the person irl. You might as well get your tallywacker out and go on chatroulette. Wtf is this srs.

There it is folks. Getting your dick wet is the only measurement for success!

I've been considering it ( the costs are stupid for menbership though), but when you work 8-5 and the last thing you want to do at the end of the day is put effort into some bar scene (which I don't do anyways), being able to chat online for a bit and maybe arrange a date over the weekend does sound kind of nice. Of course, you have to watch out for the stalkers, g.i.r.l.s. and othe creepies, but aside from that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    There it is folks. Getting your dick wet is the only measurement for success!
    Damn right. Fuck emotional intelligence being relegated to the realms of the internet. Get fucking out there. If someone started a story to me 'so i sat down at my computer and talked to this girl for 4 hours' and some other gentlemen goes 'so I was at a festival/in a bar/a work and this stunning chick walks in' i'll tell you whos story im listening too. Fucking lethargic cunts who sum themselves up in 200 words looking for the same fulfillment as the rest of us suffering this human condition to connect and make sense of themselves but doing it like some bait on a line. I think its fucking weak.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    not my thing ... first impression is important and over the internet you can fake anything you want
    Faking never happens when meeting in person

Someone thinks pretty highly of themselves today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as a way to get into contact with people if you do not have the time to visit bars etc after work etc, personally id only do it on the premise that it leads to RL dating afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    E-date? Are you talking about like OK Cupid and Match.com?

Because I've done that extensively. If you're talking about having a "relationship" with a girl in an online game? No, never. I might have if that were a thing when I was 14 years old, but physical presence is kind of a prerequisite to me these days.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have E-dated before and I did it for quite a while. It was during BC a new person joined our guild and she was interested in raiding. We had vent and I was checking out her knowledge of her class and found out we had a lot in common. After a while we were pretty much a thing I got us a vent server so we could privately talk without other people coming in to give us shit about it. Things were going well and we were talking about future plans and how they might possibly merge. She is happy where she lives and while my life has changed considerably since then at the time I didn't see a way for that to happen. I realized it was a poor decision to further invest time and feelings into a relationship that I didn't see a way to eventually come together. So I ended it. She has moved on and I think is dating someone and I'm glad I didn't force her to possibly ignore real life opportunities like that because of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    What do you call it then, when people do really care for eachother in more ways than one and are sharing intimate/personal things just the two of them?
    It sounds like something deeper than "But meeting someone, getting to know someone, keeping in touch with someone? Fine. "
    I call it "Meet up irl and see how awkward and false it is."
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

15+ Year Old Account
    I have, it's fun, just don't take it too seriously, unless of course you both what to make it more serious, in which case, good luck. It's still something new to people and if you tell anyone irl they'll just be like "omg it's probably a guy" and have nothing else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    e-dating ha ha ha ha ha....... why are people so silly.

what happens if the person turns out to be fat or ugly. or both. or both and the wrong gender you thought. or all that and also has bad hair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't bash my Saturday night.
    You're going to miss Saturaday Night Live if you do that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Never tried it, but don't see anything wrong with it.

It's nice that the internet has brought so many people together =)

He introduced us to each other, and it turned out we were quite into each other.
    Last edited by ellesyangz; 2014-03-24 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope

i've never thought about it. i couldn't be with someone i couldn't be intimate with pretty frequently and i am not looking to move across the country or get married for at least 6 more years. i feel like internet dating is for people who are very serious about finding the person they want to be with for the rest of their lives and that is just not me.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Damn right. Fuck emotional intelligence being relegated to the realms of the internet. Get fucking out there. If someone started a story to me 'so i sat down at my computer and talked to this girl for 4 hours' and some other gentlemen goes 'so I was at a festival/in a bar/a work and this stunning chick walks in' i'll tell you whos story im listening too. Fucking lethargic cunts who sum themselves up in 200 words looking for the same fulfillment as the rest of us suffering this human condition to connect and make sense of themselves but doing it like some bait on a line. I think its fucking weak.
    Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?
    Why should he be banned? Because you dont like his opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Why should he be banned? Because you dont like his opinion?
    Because it's kinda aggressive and hostile.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi